Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews Bike Lights. Flashlight Reviews.
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 10794   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 14.11.2013, 15:21 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 18.02.2016 02:43

По умолчанию Xeccon Geinea II bicycle light (6x18650 pack)

Xeccon have been working hard to improve on earlier cycle light designs and give the rider more features and performance. Xeccon does listen to the feedback from its customers and includes design updates based on this feedback.

Previously I have taken a look at the Xeccon Spiker 1206, Spiker 1207, S14 and S12. From the S12 to the Spiker models, there has been a clear progression in sophistication in these lights, and the Geinea models are yet again moving forward.

What is in the box:

Like the Spiker 1207 model I have reviewed previously, the Geinea II comes with all its components in a zip up carry case.

Everything is neatly packed and has a section for each major component.

The 6x185650 battery pack, and mains charger. The mains cable has a regional adaptor included to suit your location.

The Geinea II's triple light head and switch.

The mounting accessories.

Taking a closer look

Being a relatively simple kit, beyond the previous photos, there are only a couple of other details to look at.

The triple light head has three identical emitters each using a XM-L LED and textured reflector.

The switch unit has two click switches.

Modes and User Interface:

Although the Geinea II has a single light unit, the switch still has two actual buttons in it. One gives access to steady modes, and the other to flashing.

If you are using a stead mode and click the flashing mode button, it will switch directly to the flashing modes and visa versa.

From Off – Steady modes switch selects Max, Medium, Low, Off etc
From Off – Flashing modes switch selects Slow half strobe (centre LED steady on), Fast half strobe (centre LED steady on), Full strobe, SOS, Off etc

Once the Geinea II is activated the switch lights up. If the battery has a good level of charge it shows green, then as the battery gets lower, this turns blue then finally red to indicate low battery.

Batteries and output:

As with all the other Xeccon bicycle lights I have tested, the Geinea I uses a custom battery pack. In this instance it is a 6x 18650 cell pack in 3S2P configuration so runs at 12.6V. This move to the higher voltage means a lack of battery pack compatibility with other Xeccon lights. The 3S2P configuration also makes cell balancing during charging more critical and the negative impact of a single bad cell much more obvious. I would have preferred Xeccon to stick with the 8.4V working voltage.

To measure actual output, I built an integrating sphere. See here for more detail. The sensor registers visible light only (so Infra-Red and Ultra-Violet will not be measured).

Please note, all quoted lumen figures are from a DIY integrating sphere, and according to ANSI standards. Although every effort is made to give as accurate a result as possible, they should be taken as an estimate only. The results can be used to compare outputs in this review and others I have published.

Xeccon Geinea III.S. measured ANSI output LumensPWM frequency (Hz) or Strobe frequency
Max1156105
Medium563105
Low348105
 Half Strobe slowNot Measured
Half Strobe fastNot Measured2.77
Full StrobeNot Measured7.1

This light utilises an electronic switch, so there is parasitic drain to consider. As the battery status light is no longer lit when the battery is connected, the drain is significantly lower than previous Xeccon lights, however during attempts to measure the drain, the initial power draw to power up the switch circuit has blown my ammeter so I cannot confirm a reading.

The runtime graph shows the output traces for both the Geinea I and Geinea II.

The beam

With its triple emitter head, the Geinea II's beam is very bright, wide and has a good long range. Even on the unlit trails, I never ran out of range up to speeds of nearing 30mph.

The spill is wide and in all directions, which is fine for the rider, but any oncoming traffic or other people on the trail find this pretty blinding. You will need to turn it down to low when meeting or passing anyone head-on.

What are they really like to use…

The compact size of the Geinea II lights makes it easy to accommodate a very bright light on your bicycle.

Once you get used to which half of the switch controls the steady or flashing modes (it would be nice if there were some indication on the switch), flicking between levels is easy. In testing I have accidentally ended up selecting the flashing modes, but can quickly swap back to steady output.

Shown here with the Geinea II's main beam on (with the Gienea I switched on for the rear only), it is clear though how bright the switch illumination is.

That said I suppose it could be angled away slightly to reduce this effect, but it would be better if the illumination were far less bright.

For the rider, the Geienea II provides a very nice wide bright beam with plenty of light. The easy of access to the switch also makes it easier to turn the brightness down when coming across other road/trail users, and you will need to. Seen head-on the Geinea II is pretty blinding due to the wide spill beam.

Somehow it is very difficult to make yourself use anything other than maximum output as all of that light blazes up the path ahead making for a very comfortable ride.

Test sample provided by Xeccon for review as part of the Global Lighting Exposure.
subwoofer вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU