Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 1662   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 05.09.2014, 10:18 Автор темы   1
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 12.04.2024 20:25

По умолчанию NiteFighter F40C review (1200 lm, XM-L2 Neutral White

Greetings all,
This review will be dedicated to F40C flashlight from NightFighter company. The flashlight has some interesting features, which I will try to describe.
The flashlight unit that I have is actually an engineering sample that I got from Nightfighter, that's why it's missing some labels and arrived almost "as is".

So, Whats so interesting about this flashlight?

1. Not too popular "dual head" design.
2. It's equipped with neutral white and not cool white LED's like most of tactical flashlights.
3. It's got temperature based and not time based thermal step down feature. According to NightFighter the flashlight will step down from turbo when it reaches 60 degrees Celsius temperature. I kept the flashlight working for a long time at turbo and did not notice any step down - maybe it just could not reach those 60 degrees.

Pics, details

That's all I got with the flashlight, the flashlight itself and the lanyard. The quality of the flashlight is very good, I could not find any flaws with anodizing or something else.

In real life the flashlight is easy to use and got a nice feel in the hand.

If you will wish to disassemble the flashlight it should not be a problem. I could not find fingerprints on the lens or reflector, only saw two tiny particles of dust. I think it is acceptable for engineering sample. The lens itself does not seem to have any coating - the manufacturer promised to improve in the next batches.

Tailcap, back threads. The flashlight is controlled by two buttons - one mechanical at the back of the flashlight and an electronic switch in the head. The flashlight has memory for last mode, including strobe. The threads are square cut, anodized.

At the rear part there is aluminum ring that can be used to attach the lanyard. The ring itself is removable. Also the flashlight has a ring for "cigar" grip. The ring is made from some sort of resin/silicone and can be moved.

At the from the threads are also anodized, but triangular shape. The positive contact is made with a spring, so using unprotected cells should not be a problem, and the spring should help absorbing impacts.
The electronic button is pretty stiff, I think it will be very difficult to press it without real intent. The control of the flashlight can be seen on the attached picture. The flashlight switches from turbo to the lowest setting not instantly, the light fades to the lowest setting in half second or so. It looks really good. Another thing - the strobe mode is of "disorienting" type - the frequency is not constant - it flashes some slow flashes - then switches to fast flashes and returns to slow and so vise versa.

This is a comparison between the flashlight and Olight M22 Warrior. The throw is very similar, I think F40C throws even further, with brighter spill. The reflectors of NightFighter are not as deep and wide as of the Olight M22. I saw no artifacts from NightFighter which was a nice surprise.

Some numbers

What can we understand from the table and beamshot comparison with M22?

1. The flashlight seems to deliver the promised 1200 lumens
2. The flashlight is clearly not a classic thrower. The 1200 lumens are distributed between two not deep and not large reflectors. We can the at the table that there are flashlights with lower output that can focus the light better - all using a larger reflector than the NightFighter.

PWM,noises

The flashlight is silent at any mode. The flashlight operates at PWM frequency of 3.9 kHz at all modes. Such a high frequency is very difficult to notice for most people, but the PWM is there.

Conclusion

The flashlight ended being much better than I thought. Dual head design seem to be a good thing at the end - the flashlight have both good (not exceptional) throw and spill. The overall quality is very good, I would not be surprised if it carried much more famous brand name. I guess the success will be determined by price and reliability.
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU