Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 1906   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 05.09.2014, 10:00 Автор темы   1
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 22.03.2024 22:14

По умолчанию Sunwayman D20A Gemini Review (258 LM,XP-G2 R5 + XP-E P2 , 2xAA)

Hello,

Some folks here have received and using this new flashlight for a while, and none did a decent review, yet. So here I am, trying to fix the situation.

Not seldom a new flashlight comes out, that is not like the most, and so it happens, it is a review of just such flashlight.

So, What's so special ?
There are almost no flashlights that have all of the features of the flashlight , and none in aluminum body.

I mean that:

1. The flashlight has 2 AA parallel power configuration. Off course, electrically they are connected inline, but they are housed one near other. This approach makes it shorter, when compared to other 2aa flashlights.
2. The flashlight does not have the calssic cylinder build. Reason - watch 1.
3. The flashlight has 2 LEDs. The main white one is XP-G2 R5 (the box and manual says XM-L2 , but it is a mistake) , and the other one, the red one is XP-E P2.

There are 2 LED flashlights, there are cylindrical, but none that has both features and housed at aluminuim body (so Streamlight Sidewinder does not count)

Features
● CREE XP-G2 R5 and XP-E P2 LED, with a lifetime of up to 50,000 hours;
● Newest Stepped Dual-button Side Switch System, 6 output modes to select from:
White Light
Turbo: 258 Lumens (Automatically enter High mode after 3 mins continuous use to avoid overheat)
High: 208 Lumens (2.3hrs.)
Mid: 70 Lumens (9.3hrs.)
Low: 4 Lumens (60hrs.)
Strobe
SOS
Red Light
High: 23 Lumens
Mid: 10 Lumens
Low: 4 Lumens
Police Strobe
Slow Flash
● Standby Current <100µA
● Constant current circuit, constant output
● Effective range of 126 meters
● Intensity: 4000cd
● Uses two AA batteries
● Working voltage: 0.9~3V
● White light uses high quality metal reflector, maintains great throw distance and spread with an ideal beam pattern; Red light uses high quality resin lens
● Dimensions: 21mm x 35mm x 102.5mm
● Weight: 119g(battery excluded)
● Aerospace-grade aluminum alloy, Stainless Steel retaining ring on the top
● Military Specification Type III- hard anodized body
● Waterproof, in accordance with IPX-8 standard
● Ultra-clear tempered glass lens resists scratches and impacts
● Accessories: Lanyard, O-ring

Sunwayman compares the flashlight to a locomotive.. There is some resemblance but I think it looks more like a gun. The flashlight is built very tough, it is massive and feels extremely solid in hand. It has a lots of sharp edges and angles.

Packaging and kit

The flashlight came in a little box with description of the flashlight. As I stated before , the diode description is wrong, it is not XM-L2 but XP-G2 R5. The box included warranty card, user manual, hand strap and two o-rings, one big and one very little, wait and you will see more about it.

The Hero

I hope my photos describe the whole massiveness of the build. In hand it fells like you are holding a weapon, it is very solid and heavy, no comparison to Zebra's and other "regular" flashlights. The manufactures states that it has "unibody" construction, meaning it is built from one solid piece of aluminum. Because of the shape you can stand it any way you like , it won't roll . The clip is extremely hard , if you will manage to fix it in your belt it won't move very easily.

Some more pics

What is called a tailcap in this flashlight is being fastened by a small thingie at the bottom of the flashlight. Half a turn and it is fixed. The lens has anti-reflex coating with a slight purple tint. The reflector is relatively deep, the LED well centered. Both LEDs are protected by SS bezels. It can be seen that the small bezel is protruding a little , so what if ...

Voila!

Using only my finger I managed to disassemble the little reflector. The diameter of the red lens is 10mm sharp. The LED is extremely tiny, on a tiny star. If you look closely, you can see a small O-ring.
Also when I put the flashlight VS a leather belt I managed to unfasten the big bezel , but I don't want to disassemble it as I don't like a dust on the reflector.

Tailcap,inside

The O-ring came dry. The battery cover (tailcap) is heavy and massive like all other parts of the flashlight. The contacts are gold-plated or have some other similar coating.
Note that the manufacturer states that maximum voltage is 3v so I would not try to use the flashlight with 2 14500 batteries, unless wanted to fry the electronics.
When using eneloops, they don't make a sound if you shake the flashlight.

Comparison,competition

D20A with various Olight Batons. As you see it is a little bit shorter then S20 and longer then S15. When an extender is used with S15 and it becomes a 2AA flashlight too, it is considerably longer then the D20A.

I will compare the D20A with S15 Baton with extender as these are both 2aa flashlights that way , and with Xtar H1 Commander, as it also has second red diode,and main XP-G2 R5 LED. The Xtrar will be powered by 14500 battery as it has only one.

Fight

Baton vs Gemini

The Baton has much bigger hotspot, and much greener tint. The overall brightness is almost equal. I took all three flashlights out, all have very similar throw, hard to tell which one throws further. The tint of the D20A is very nice.

Baton vs Xtar

Baton vs Xtar vs Gemini (d20a)

All flashlights on max brightness. To the eye they seem to have similar brightness. The Baton has greener tint, the D20A slightly purple and the Xtar yellow. When you look to the D20A light without comparing it looks very neutral.

I emptied fully charged eneloops with the D20A - it became just barely warm. It has no indication of depleted cells, with time the brighter modes become unavailable.

Red diodes comparison

you see the Xtar at the left, and the D20A on the right.

Not really a comparison actually. The Xtar only pulls out a little red box, full of artifacts. The D20A has a strong red beam, without hotspot. At darkness you can light a several meters with it in front of you, and at the house you can make a big room look pretty creepy red.

Some numbers (comparing different flashlight hotspot using luxmeter,from a meter)

not bad,for using 2 eneloops.

Control, sounds, PWM

It is easy to control the flashlight, you just have to get used to it. The buttons are not too stiff but will not accidentally pressed. Anyway there is also an option to electronically lockout the flashlight.
One button turns the flashlight on and of the other one changes modes. Short click turns the white diode on, ant then you can change modes with the modes key. Double clicking the modes key turns on the strobe mode, and keeping the button pressed turns on the SOS mode. There is hardly any difference between the turbo and the HIGH mode.
In order to use the red LED you long-press the power key. Then you change brightness modes with the modes key, and the "police strobe" is in the main modes line. In order to turn on slow blinking mode you have to keep the modes change button pressed.

Sounds - no, the flashlight is completely silent at all modes
PWM
- no, could not detect any on any mode, including the red LED

The Good

• Unique set of features
  • Build quality
  • Can be modded
  • 90's retro look

The bad

• Not everyone will like the styling and the overall "bulkiness"

Conclusion

If you need one for usage or collection - take it. When I received it it was just the flashlight that I imagined from reading the specs and looking at the pictures.
I think that Sunwayman marketing and R&D did a very good job with this flashlight.

I will be happy to assist and answer questions and hearing suggestions of improving the reviews.
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU