Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 2739   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 07.01.2012, 02:32 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 18.02.2016 02:43

По умолчанию My First HID - 65W/45W 'Xeccon' from Ebay

So, thanks to a recent CPF meet, I had to get an HID.

I spotted a 65W HID (branded XECCON) on ebay and have to say, so far I am very pleased with it.

I'm hoping for a little advice on getting the best out of it.

From what I have read, from new, HIDs need a few hours of use to get to optimum output, is this true?

At the moment I have the opportunity to buy a spare bulb and battery for £80, but considering the torch cost £146, I am not sure if this is worth it, or if the bulb and battery it has should last for as long as this torch is worth keeping going, and then just buy the whole thing again. Any opinions on this?

As for turning on and off I read that it should be on for a minimum of 1 minute and left off for at least 1 minute as well.

This seems quite restrictive. Does it matter if you occasionally turn it off after less than 1 minute of being on or, turn it on again straight after turning it off?

Anyway as far as the torch goes. It is a big beast and is shown here alongside my Quark AA Regular, Nitecore Infilux IFD2 and Aurora SH-40 and dwarves them all!

When at the meet, I compared my Aurora SH-40 with SST-50 LED to a Fenix TK45. It appeared pretty comparable on overall output on a ceiling bounce (TK-45 rated at 760Lm), but with a tighter hotspot, so thought I would do a quick output comparison using the Aurora and 65W HID.

I don't know if my rushed photos really show the massive difference in output. The first one is very underexposed as with normal exposure most of it is whitewashed by the beam and spill from the HID.

I underexposed the last one even more to try and show how the beam from the 65W HID is still strong even when the SST-50 beam looks feeble. This is exactly how they appear side by side, in fact I had to check the Aurora was on when I first tried the HID outside alongside it.

I've just had a little walk out on the Downs with my thrower SST-50 LED torch (700lm) and the 65W HID (6000lm) and took a couple of photos to show the difference:

65W HID lighting a golf course flag with the SST-50 to the left.

Exactly the same, but with the SST-50 aimed at the flag and the HID further to the right.

both, side by side

Then I had to point the SST-50 down to check it was still on!

This torch is awesome!
subwoofer вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU