Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 4894   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 22.12.2011, 17:14 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 10.11.2015 10:40

Wink2 Lumintop ED10 (XP-G R5, 1xCR123A/RCR) Review: RUNTIMES, VIDEO, BEAMSHOTS and more

Warning: pic heavy, as usual.

The ED10 is pocket 1xRCR/CR123A-class light from Lumintop, featuring a Cree XP-G emitter. Scroll down to see how it performs relative to others in this class.

Manufacturer's Specifications:
  • LED: CREE XP-G R5
  • High: 180 Lumens, 1.5 hours
  • Med: 35 Lumens, 7 hours
  • Low : 4 Lumens, 70 hours
  • Strobe, SOS modes
  • Max Range : 60m
  • Max Intensity: 1100cd
  • Impact Resistance: 1.5m
  • Water Resistance: IPX-8, 2m
  • Working Voltage: 0.9~4.2V
  • Battery: 1xCR123A or 1x16340 (RCR)
  • Size: 20.6mm (bezel diameter) x 66.0mm (length)
  • Net Weight : 0.90 oz (excluding battery)
  • MSRP: ~$30

Packaging is a plastic clamshell containing the light, good quality wrist lanyard, keychain ring and clip, extra o-ring, and manual (on the product card).

From left to right: CR123A, Lumintop ED10, Olight i1 SS, 4Sevens Q Mini 123, Zebralight SC30, Thrunite Neutron 1C. Sunwayman M10R.

All dimensions are given with no batteries installed:

Lumintop ED10: Weight: 21.5g, Length: 70.4mm, Width (bezel): 20.7mm
Olight i1 Stainless Steel: Weight 48.1g, Length: 63.9mm, Width (bezel): 20.4mm
Jetbeam BC10: Weight: 46.6g, Length: 90.3mm, Width (bezel): 23.2mm
Thrunite 1C: Weight: 45.2g, Length: 91.5mm, Width (bezel) 22.0mm
Xtar WK21: Weight: 59.1g, Length: 66.5mm, Width (bezel): 25.8mm

Overall build is compact – the light is quite small, but still feels solid enough. Anodizing is a matte black, without any nicks or damage on my sample. There is knurling along the various body and head surfaces, but it is not very aggressive. Grip is reasonable, and I was able to operate the light single-handed. Labels are restricted to the tailcap, and are bright white against the black background.

Light has a scalloped bezel ring, letting you know if the light is on when standing on its head. There are raised attachment points on the tail, and the light can tailstand.

There is a metal spring at the base of the base of the light.

Light works by tightening the head against the body, so as such screw threads are anodized for lock-out.

User Interface

To activate the light, tighten the head against the body.

There are five output modes, arranged in sequence: Lo > Med > Hi > Strobe > SOS. To access the modes, do a loosen-tighten cycle while the light is on.

There is no mode memory – the light always comes on in Lo if you leave it off for more than a few seconds.

For a more detailed examination of the build and user interface, please see my video overview:

Прямая ссылка на видео YouTube

Video was recorded in 720p, but YouTube defaults to 360p. Once the video is running, you can click on the 360p icon in the lower right-hand corner, and select the higher 480p to 720p options, or even run full-screen.

PWM/Strobe

Med mode:

Lo mode:

The ED10 uses PWM of 1 kHz frequency. This is high enough to not be generally noticeable, but it is detectable by eye.

The ED10 has a strobe mode, measured at 9.9 Hz.

Noise:

There is a re-occurring circuit pattern noticeable at lower frequencies, but it does not produce any visual effect (i.e. the light is reasonably flicker-free, with only the expected 1kHz PWM noticeable).

Beamshots:

The ED10 uses a Cool White XP-G emitter – very poorly centered on my sample - in a medium orange peel textured reflector. Given the small size of the reflector, I don't expect this to distort the beam much.

All lights are on AW protected RCR, about ~0.75 meter from a white wall (with the camera ~1.25 meters back from the wall). Automatic white balance on the camera, to minimize tint differences.

Testing Method:

All my output numbers are relative for my home-made light box setup, a la Quickbeam's flashlightreviews.com method. You can directly compare all my relative output values from different reviews - i.e. an output value of "10" in one graph is the same as "10" in another. All runtimes are done under a cooling fan, except for any extended run Lo/Min modes (i.e. >12 hours) which are done without cooling.

I have recently devised a method for converting my lightbox relative output values (ROV) to estimated Lumens. See my How to convert Selfbuilt's Lighbox values to Lumens thread for more info.

Throw/Output Summary Chart:

Effective November 2010, I have revised my summary tables to match with the current ANSI FL-1 standard for flashlight testing. Please see http://www.sliderule.ca/FL1... for a description of the terms used in these tables.

The ED10 has regulated output levels on both 1xCR123A and 1xRCR, with higher output on 1xRCR. ANSI FL-1 lumen measures on 1xCR123A seem very accurate.

Throw is about what you would expect for such a small head, although my sample was a bit higher than the reported ANSI FL-1 spec.

Output/Runtime Comparison:

The output/runtime performance of the ED10 is exactly what you would expect for a good XP-G R5-based light. Light is regulated at all levels, on both 1xCR123A and 1xRCR

Potential Issues

All output modes are in one series, accessed in sequence (i.e. Strobe and SOS in the same sequence as Lo, Med and Hi).

Light lacks a pocket clip, but it does come with a keychain clip and wrist-lanyard.

Preliminary Observations

The ED10 is a very compact, 1xCR123A/RCR every-day-carry (EDC) type of light. Overall builds reminds me a lot of the 4Sevens Mini 123, although the ED10 is a bit longer (and not as aggressively knurled). Grip is still reasonable, and I found the ED10 fine for single-handed use.

Performance is very similar to the Mini – I found largely equivalent output, runtimes and regulation patterns between the lights. I quite like that these lights are fully regulated on 1xRCR – many in this class resort to direct-drive on this higher-voltage battery source.

Interface is again somewhat similar to the Mini, but the ED10 unfortunately only has a single set of modes that include strobe/SOS in the main sequence. I prefer to see these hidden, when possible

At the end of the day, no surprises here – the ED10 is exactly what it purports to be, with seemingly accurate ANSI FL-1 specs. If you are looking for this sort of basic, twisty 1xCR123A/RCR light, ED10 is worth considering.

----

ED10 was provided by Lumintop for review.
selfbuilt вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
gostuv (30.12.2016)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU