Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews Headlamps. Flashlight Reviews.
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 4679   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 07.04.2011, 14:53 Автор темы   1
Новичок

Последняя активность: 13.04.2011 19:28

По умолчанию Petzl Tikka 2 headlamp review

Since the weather is getting nice and I have several backpacking and camping trips planned soon I started thinking about ways to lighten my pack load and also satisfy the gear itch. I had some money from my REI dividend so I settled on picking up an inexpensive headlamp from Petzl, the $30 Petzl Tikka 2.

Let me start off by saying I've never had a Petzl headlamp before and had fairly low expectations based on my brief experience with one in-store. What did sell me on this headlamp was the extremely long battery life (mfr claimed 120 hours), the low weight (81g) and the excellent build quality.

I'd also like to note that Petzl has enjoyed an excellent reputation for reliability in their products based on my research online, which contributed to my reasoning for this purchase.

The Petzl Tikka 2 has quickly become my favorite headlamp for around-the-house use while I've been testing it and I have even been charmed into slipping it into my pocket from time to time when going out.

Build Quality and Functional Design
The Tikka 2 is built on the same chassis as Petzl's other consumer-grade headlamps. The exterior is high quality plastic and aesthetically pleasing. The lens is shielded from damage by a ridge molded into the body of the headlamp. I noticed that unlike almost all headlamps I've owned in the past, nobody complained about getting glare in their eyes while I was talking to them. This is an excellent feature and especially convenient if you hike in packs. Unfortunately, the translucent body of the headlamp may be visible to the wearer, but can be mitigated by wearing the headlamp a little higher on your forehead.

It is comfortable to wear for long periods of time, with an easy to adjust elastic strap and a curved plastic plate that sits on your forehead. The switch is covered in fairly thick rubber and has a very robust clicking action indicative of a reliable electronic clicky. It is easy to activate one-handed while on your head (you must pinch the headlamp between your thumb and forefinger) and I have not had issues with accidental activation. It is possible to tilt the Tikka 2 a fairly comfortable range: low enough to watch your feet or read something close up and high enough for navigating in the dark. Those of you who like to wear a headlamp loosly around your neck will be disappointed here as the Tikka 2's highest tilt will end up lighting up your chest instead. The tilting mechanism has a nice ratchet sound and looks designed to last.

The battery door and hinge seem very robust and the latch is easy enough to open to replace the batteries, although I suspect I will be replacing the batteries very infrequently in this headlamp despite frequent use. When I first got the headlamp I accidentally opened the battery door several times while adjusting the tilt but now that the headlamp has been nicely worn in I have not had that happen since. The Tikka 2, like all of the Petzl 2 series headlamps, supports the use of the programmable CORE Li-ion battery system, which I plan to test in the near future. The CORE can be programmed to set its output curve and also is suitable to shut up the 3xAAA detractors.

I also took the opportunity to test the IPX4 water resistance rating on the Petzl Tikka 2 and came away very impressed. Despite appearing to be completely unsealed the electronics and lens never fogged up or got dampened in various tests, including submersing the headlamp in water or in heavy rain simulations. I believe the electronics and LEDs are housed inside a waterproof compartment. The batteries and inside of the exterior housing did get wet during testing, but the headlamp never ceased to work perfectly, and the stainless steel contacts show no sign of oxidation. No special care was taken to dry the headlamp after multiple rounds of water intrusion testing over the course of a week. The headlamp was simply left on my desk after being immersed, similar to the way you might chuck it into a compartment of your pack after hiking in the rain. The battery compartment hinge acts as a drainage hole and the headlamp was bone dry inside after a few hours. A friend of mine took his Petzl Tikka+ (the previous generation of Tikka 2) swimming with no ill effect.

The Petzl Tikka 2 has a simple, easy to use interface. Click the headlamp to turn it on at max brightness, click a second time to switch to economy mode, and click a third time for beacon mode, which blinks somewhere around 120 flashes a minute. If you wait for about two seconds, clicking from any mode turns the headlamp off. If you press and hold the button from off, the headlamp will light as long as you hold the button for momentary activation.

Light Output and Runtime
Petzl rates the Tikka 2 to have 40 lumens of output and 90 to 120 hours of runtime depending on which mode you run. From personal experience I believe the output measurement to be accurate. I also find 40 lumens of output to be sufficient for trail blazing and in my brief testing stomping around in MilkySpit's quarry I found the Petzl Tikka 2 to provide adequate lighting on economy mode as well.

Economy mode uses PWM which I was surprised to note was not an issue for me in real-world usage. I am fairly sensitive to PWM and I typically am bothered by PWM at or below 100Hz. I did not have problems using the headlamp for extended periods of time in economy mode. Originally, the usage of PWM for economy mode caused me to pass over the Petzl line in the first place, but after my experience I can say I think Petzl knows what they're doing.

I used the Petzl Tikka 2 for a total of 5 hours so far and detect no discernible drop in brightness. So far I have no reason to suspect Petzl's runtime rating of being overrated.

I will note, however, that the Petzl Tikka 2 does not have any regulation circuitry, which may be a turn-off to some. However, I think for a headlamp which is often run for many hours at a time, compared to a handheld light which is run for usually much shorter periods of time, that regulation is not strictly necessary and perhaps lacking it is preferable since the headlamp will not surprise you by starting to dim at an alarming pace. For a long distance hiker or traveler this setup may be ideal since you may be days or even weeks away from being able to resupply your batteries. Such a person may choose to carry an ultralight backup light (like a Photon or Arc-AAA) but may decline to carry spare batteries out of weight consideration. The unregulated headlamp will give better warning of low batteries and run longer as well. The Petzl CORE battery pack, as alluded to earlier, adds customizable regulation to this light and others in its family.

The beam is very smooth and free of artifacts. I really like multiple 5mm setups for a floody light since they provide enough throw to see ahead on the trail (especially those difficult-to-find trail markers) but are diffuse enough to be comfortable for reading and close up work. For this, I consider the Petzl Tikka 2 to be excellent for a wide variety of tasks and perhaps preferable to its close cousin the Tikka 2 Plus which uses a single power LED.

Conclusions
The Petzl Tikka 2 is an excellent, affordable headlamp that puts together a solid feature set: good build quality, good output, good runtime, and good price. Those looking for a reliable and inexpensive headlamp would be hard pressed to find a better option than this. I plan to one or two more as loaners, as well as exploring other models in the Petzl lineup in the future. I will continue using the Tikka 2 for my adventures and hopefully provide a long-term opinion in the future.

Highly recommended.

Pictures to follow, maybe.
carrot вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU