Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 2658   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 05.06.2012, 02:07 Автор темы   1
Новичок

Последняя активность: 03.08.2012 02:53

Отправить сообщение для run4jc с помощью Skype™
По умолчанию McGizmo Haiko

I remember back in 1986, I just HAD to have a Rolex. 4 years out of college, unmarried, my first good job, small apartment => all equals a bit of extra cash to burn. So I bought a Rolex Oyster Perpetual in stainless steel for $1300. People thought I was crazy! A WATCH for $1300? No diamonds? It doesn't light up or have a calculator or do the time in all the different time zones?

Nope. Just a watch.

Well, guess what - 23 years later, that watch is still working perfectly, never been in the shop, same band and crystal, it is self-winding so no batteries, and it still looks as timeless today as it did then. No doubt, as you can see, it is scratched up, but this is the original crystal! (edit from the first post - in that one I said, "A few scratches..." The look and the quality are ‘timeless.’

And that's the way I feel about my new McGizmo Haiku! (The light and the watch kind of look alike, don't they?)

"What!!?? Over $400 for a 'small' flashlight? What, no strobe? Only 3 levels? You mean it doesn't have 400 lumens?"

No, but what it does have is a ‘love it or hate it’ timeless design, and build quality that has proven to be up to the most rigorous abuse (not that I will intentionally abuse it!) It isn’t the smallest or the lightest, but it ‘feels right’ in my big hands.

And the design is functional – almost as if the light’s body and head function as heat sinks.

I’ve never liked clips before, but this clip is usable – strong enough and wide enough to clip onto even the thickest fabric.

I don’t really think this light is about ‘beamshots’ – and there have been many posted so I won’t bore you. Still, I thought it would be interesting to compare it to a couple – the Quark Titanium 123 and Surefire LX2. Photos with details below.

So, I am thrilled with my new light. I've been told that some of the CPF "old timers" have enough of these to use as chess pieces. For now, I have only this one, but I could see myself being easily tempted to add to the collection.

I see this light being with me all the time – and someday I’ll pass it, along with my Rolex (maybe with a new crystal), to my son – even if it is another 20 years, both will most likely still be working, and both will still be timeless!

--------------------

Since I posted this almost 3 years ago, it's been gratifying to see the number of users post their own praises of the Haiku. NBP, JS, on and on.

But the 'other' high quality item, the Rolex, looked pretty bad in the photos and I was urged to take care of the watch and have it serviced.

I did.

So here are some updated photos of that beautiful Haiku, and a now "just like new" 25 year old watch. I have no doubt that 25 years from now (if I'm still around) that the watch - AND the Haiku - will still be around and functioning perfectly!

Eye Candy....

That's a mighty purdy flashlight there....
run4jc вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Admin (05.06.2012), dead_skif (05.06.2012), MOHAPX (05.06.2012)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU