Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 1981   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 08.05.2013, 08:29 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 21.04.2015 12:00

По умолчанию Object/Subject Review: Yi-Light AK47 [In Progress]

Like :thumbsup: my reviews on facebook!

In Progress

Yi-Light is a new flashlight brand manufactured by Shenzhen Yi Guang Technology, part of a group that has had business in auto parts, plastics, and outdoor lighting since 2006. I've been sent a review sample of their AK47, labeled as a "tactical" light, which seems to be their largest light they have offered so far.

Thanks to Yi-Light for providing the AK47 for review.

I’ll be reviewing the AK47 in two sections: first, I’ll discuss the light objectively (the facts about the light itself), then I’ll discuss the light subjectively (my impressions about the light's performance when used for specific applications). If you have any other specific applications you'd like the light tested for, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

3-Minute Overview

Below is a video "quick review" you can watch in just a few minutes, if you're not up for reading the full review right now:

[video=youtube;dxXgIE32wUo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxXgIE32wUo[/video]
This video is available in 720p HD, but defaults to a lower quality. To select the playback quality click the settings button (looks like a gear) after you've started the video.

Objective

Manufacturer's Specifications

Price: $80

Packaging

The AK47 comes packaged in a cardboard box inside a carboard sleeve. Inside, the light and accessories are nestled in a foam cutout.

Construction

The AK47 is made from aluminum covered with black hard anodizing, to resist chips and scratches. The AK47 has two configurations, one with and one without the extender. Using the extender, the AK47 runs from two 18650 lithium ion or four CR123A lithium batteries. Without the extender, the AK47 is powered by a single 18650 or two CR123A batteries.

The AK47 uses a Cree XM-L inside a large, smooth reflector. The size of the reflector of the AK47 gives it pretty good throw, but not so great as to be good for throwing only. A crenelated stainless steel bezel protects the head and lens in the case of an impact, and adds to the style of the AK47. On the head, a few small fins help dissipate heat and a few cutouts give it better grip.

Between the head and the body sits the side switch, a stainless steel ring holding down a rubber cover. Below the switch is the Yi-Light logo and the AK47 model number.

Both the body and the extender are covered with a diamond knurling pattern.

Between the body and the tail is the grip ring. In addition to providing grip on the light, the ring has cutouts that help prevent the light from rolling and a hole that provides an attachment point for a lanyard. The tail has the same diamond knurling pattern as the body, and ends in four large crenelations and another lanyard attachment hole. The rear switch is easy to reach with a thumb because of the cutouts.

Now, let's take the light apart!

For standard use, the AK47 comes apart into four sections: head, extender, body, and tail.

Inside the head, a small spring makes the connection to the positive terminal of the battery(ies). The threads are all thick and square cut, lightly greased so that the thread action is very smooth and easy. The thread towards the head are non-anodized, and the threads to the tail are anodized. Inside the tail, another spring makes the connection to the negative battery terminal. These two springs allow the AK47 to accept a range of battery lengths, and also provide some protection to the batteries in the case of an impact.

A battery installed in the body will extend just a bit beyond the edge.

Because the crenelations on the tail extend beyond the rear switch, the AK47 is able to do a tail stand without trouble. However, with the extender installed, the light is long enough that it becomes a little top heavy and not all that stable.

Dimensions

Accessories

The AK47 comes with a holster, lanyard, clip-on-clip, spare switch cover, three spare o-rings, and a split ring.

User Interface

The AK47 uses two switches for it's UI, a mechanical tail switch and an electronic side switch. The tail switch turns the light on/off, and the side switch changes the mode. There are six modes available, four brightness modes and two flashy modes.

The rear switch is a forward clicky switch, so when you press it halfway the light turn on momentarily, and turns off again when you release the switch. When you press the switch all the way, it clicks into constant on position, the light will turn on and remain on until the switch is pressed again. The side switch will not do anything until the light is turned on by the rear switch.

When the light is turned on, it comes on in the mode you used last. A quick press to the side switch will advance the light to the next mode in the sequence Low -> Medium -> High -> SOS -> Highest. At any point, holding the switch for about a second will activate the "Flash Explosion" (strobe) mode. When you turn the light off, it will memorize the mode you used last and use that mode first when you turn the light on again (except the strobe mode, which is not memorized).

Action Shots

You can click on any of these shots to see them full size.

Light in Hand

White Wall (Low, Medium, High, Turbo)
ISO 100, f/3.3, 1/20"

BeamSlice

MugShot

Indoor Shots (
Low, Medium, High, Turbo)
ISO 100, f/3.3, 1"

Outdoor Shots (Low, Medium, High, Turbo)
ISO 100, f/3.3, 2.5"

Long Range (Turbo)
ISO 100, f/3.3, 5"

Performance

Submersion: I submersed the AK47 under about a foot of water for an hour, clicking the switches a few times while doing so. I did this both with and without the extender. I could find no evidence of water entering the light or causing cosmetic or functional damage.

Heat:

PWM:

Drop: I dropped the AK47 from a height of about a meter onto various surfaces (including grass, carpet, packed dirt, and wood). The light shows no sign of damage.

Reverse Polarity Protection:

Over-Discharge Protection:

Spectral Analysis

All light that we see as white is actually made up of several different colors put together. The relative intensities of the different colors in the mix are what determine the tint of the white we see. For example, cool white LED's have a lot of blue, and warm white LED's have more red or yellow. This measurement was done on a home made spectrometer. The plot below the picture is corrected for the spectral sensitivity of the human eye. Note: the peak in the 900nm region doesn't really exist, it's a piece of the second-order spectrum that's showing up here because of the high intensity of the light source.

Output and Runtime

ANSI FL-1 runtime ratings are the time it takes for a light to fall to 10% of it's original output (counting from 30 seconds after turning the light on).

The vertical axis of the graphs below represents a relative brightness measurement using a home made light box. The horizontal axis is time in hours:minutes:seconds. Runtimes are stated in hours:minutes:seconds. These graphs may be truncated to show detail.

Mode Comparison

Turbo

The top graph here is Turbo mode using two 18650's, the lower graph is Turbo using a single 18650 (the extender removed). All subsequent graphs use two 18650's.

High

Medium

Throwing Distance

ANSI FL-1 standard for stating a light's throwing distance is the distance at which the peak beam intensity (usually at the center of the beam) is 0.25 lux. I calculate throwing distance and candela (lux at 1 meter) by measuring peak beam intensity at five different distances and using the formula lux*distance^2=constant.

Peak Beam Intensity: 30207 cd
Throw Distance: 347m

Subjective Review

Quick break down:

+ Tight spot with even spill
+ Good tint
+ Excellent regulation when using two cells
+ "Intense" style without being abrasive
+ Long body w/o huge head
+ Extender optional
+ Many possible battery configurations.
+ All desirable accessories included
+ Good grip

- Very awkward SOS mode placement
- Small head means less throw

Coming soon...

Long Term Impressions
I'll fill this part in after carrying the light for a while. If nothing get's added here, either I find nothing else worth noting about the light, or I end up not using it often.
Bigmac_79 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU