Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 7351   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 19.10.2012, 23:00 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 10.11.2015 10:40

По умолчанию Nitecore MT1C (1xCR123A/RCR) MT1A (1xAA) MT2A (2xAA) XP-G Review: RUNTIME, BEAMSHOTS+

Warning: pic heavy as usual. :whistle:

This is my second review of some "Multi-Task" MT-series lights from Nitecore. In this review, I am comparing the performance of the 1xAA (MT1A), 2xAA (MT2A) and 1xCR123A (MT1C) models. Please see my recent M40 review for more details on that model.

Manufacturer Reported Specifications:
Note: as always, these are only what the manufacturer reports. To see my actual testing results, scroll down the review.

Common Specs:
  • LED: CREE XP-G R5
  • High efficiency current circuit board regulates output
  • User-defined mode allows for customized brightness
  • Anti-rolling design
  • Reverse polarity protection
  • Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass lens with anti-reflective coating
  • HA III Military grade hard anodized aluminum alloy body wih anti-rolling design
  • Purpose-made knurling for better grip
  • Water-resistant to IPX-8 standards
  • Impact resistant to 4.9 ft. (1.5 m)
  • Accessories: lanyard, spare O-ring
MT1C
  • Output and runtimes: Turbo: 280 lumens (1 hour, 15 min), High: 125 lumens (3 hours, 15 min), Mid: 60 lumens (8 hours), Low: 20 lumens (23 hours)
  • Peak beam intensity: 3,300 cd
  • Peak beam distance: 377 ft. (115 m)
  • Uses 1 x CR123 battery not included
  • Length x Head Diameter x Tail Diameter: 3.46" x 0.88" x 0.84" (88 mm x 22.56 mm x 21.5 mm)
  • Weight: 1.48 oz. (42 g) Battery not included
  • MSRP: ~$39
MT1A
  • Output and runtimes: Turbo: 140 lumens (1.5 hours), High: 50 lumens (5.5 hours), Mid: 20 lumens (18 hours), Low: 5 lumens (60 hours)
  • Peak beam distance: 282 ft. (86 m)
  • Peak beam intensity: 1,860 cd
  • Uses 1 x AA battery (Batteries not included)
  • Length x Head Diameter x Tail Diameter: 4.13" x 0.88" x 0.84" (105 mm x 22.56 mm x 21.5 mm)
  • Weight: 1.94 oz. (55 g)
  • MSRP: ~$39
MT2A
  • Output and runtimes: Turbo: 280 lumens (2 hours, 15 min), High: 125 lumens (5 hours), Mid: 50 lumens (12 hours), Low: 15 lumens (50 hours)
  • Peak beam intensity: 3300 cd
  • Peak beam distance: 377 ft. (115 m)
  • Uses 2 x AA battery (Batteries not included)
  • Length x Head Diameter x Tail Diameter: 6.10" x 0.88" x 0.84" (155 mm x 22.56 mm x 21.5 mm)
  • Weight: 2.36 oz. (67 g) Battery not included
  • MSRP: ~$40

All the MT-series lights come in basic display packaging, similar to the recent Nitecore Explorer and SENS series (MT1A shown above as an example). Extras are generally comparable, and include a basic wrist lanyard, extra o-rings and boot cover, removable pocket clip, manual and warranty card.

Here’s a quick overview of the family:

From left to right: Duracell CR123A, AA (NiMH); Nitecore MT1C, MT1A, MT2A, MT2C, MT25, M40, AW Protected 18650 (2200mAh).

I will cover the specific dimensions and photo comparisons of the individual MT-series models reviewed here in the sections below. But first, I will provide a general overview of the common build elements and circuit features.

Anodizing is a matte black, with no chips on my samples. Labels are bright white, clearly legible against the dark background. All models have actual knurling across the battery tube and tailcap (but not the head). Knurling is actually of reasonable aggressiveness, and grip is improved compared to the Jetbeam Backup-series lights which these new Nitecores most closely resemble (i.e., BC- and BA-series lights).

There is a reverse-polarity setup in the head, so flat-top cells will not work in these lights (i.e., need a small button top).

The removable pocket clip is of the standard clip-on variety (i.e., similar to the Jetbeam Performance and Backup series lights).

Screw threads are standard triangular cut, and seem of good quality. They are also anodized for lock-out at the tailcap. Tailcaps and threading are identical across all the models. Tail switch is a forward clicky, with traditional feel. The Jetbeam Backup and Performance series lights often felt a bit "squishy" in comparison. :sssh:

Light can tailstand, but may be a bit wobbly (due to the partial raised areas for the lanyard attachment on the tailcap).

The heads look identical across all three models, with cool white XP-G R5 emitters at the base of relatively deep and smooth reflectors. This should provide reasonable throw. Note that centering is not necessarily perfect, but all three of my samples were reasonably good.

User Interface

User interface is similar to the Jetbeam "Performance" series (i.e. PA- or PC- series lights). Turn the light on by pressing the tailcap clicky (press for momentary on, click for locked on).

With the head tight, you get Turbo output. With the head loosened, you get the programmed user-selected state. You select the output mode for this state by soft-pressing the clicky switch from off (or clicking off-on from on). The sequence on is: Hi > Med > Lo > SOS > Strobe, in a repeating loop. The light has mode memory, and saves the last setting used in the head-loosened state. Note that Hi on the user-selected head-loose state is lower than Turbo on the head-tight state (i.e., there are four defined output constant modes).

Note that 3.7V Li-ion battery sources are offically NOT supported by Nitecore in the MT1C ot MT1A. I have tested them anyway, and noticed that you lose Med and Lo initially on a fully-charged RCR/14500. This is different from multi-power lights in these classes - in the MT1C and MT1A actually skip the levels in the sequence. In other words, you will initially find the sequence is Hi > SOS > Strobe. Eventually, Lo will reappear (i.e., Hi > Lo > SOS > Strobe), and finally Med mode returns as the batteries drain somewhat in capacity. Again, Nitecore does NOT support 3.7V Li-ion sources (although 3.2V Li-ion LiFePO4 is officially supported, at least in the MT1A).

One other comment on the MT-series lights – they do not suffer from the programming glitch noted on the Jetbeam Performance series lights, where rapid flashing of the tailcap in Turbo could alter the saved state of the user-selected mode. The MT-series lights all performed as expected (i.e., memory mode remains constant, no matter what happens in the Turbo mode). :thumbsup:

For more information on the light, including the build and user interface, please see my new video overview:

Прямая ссылка на видео YouTube

As always, videos were recorded in 720p, but YouTube typically defaults to 360p. Once the video is running, you can click on the configuration settings icon and select the higher 480p to 720p options. You can also run full-screen.

PWM/Strobe

Nitecore claims that the MT-series lights are current controlled, and I believe that is true. However, there is a re-occurring signal pattern on the Lo/Med/Hi levels (but not Turbo) for all members of this family. Here's a representative sample:

MT1C Med:

It's difficult to get a clear oscilloscope trace of this signal, as the relative intensity is fairly low. As a result, I need to increase the sensitivity on my oscilloscope amplitude setting to a point where a lot of noise is also apparent in the traces above. But the signal was more apparent on the MT1C on 1xRCR, so I was able to get a clearer measure:

Please note that this "zigzag" pattern is most definitely NOT pulse-width modulation (PWM). I am testing half-a-dozen MT-series lights right now, and my oscilloscope shows this consistent triangular circuit signal at somewhere between ~950-1050 Hz on the Lo/Med/Hi (but not Turbo) of each model.

Rest assured, it is certainly not as visible as 1kHz PWM would be. I've noted in the past that visual flicker detection increases on PWM lights as you go to lower outputs (even when you keep the PWM freq constant). Part of this may simply be due to different flicker detection thresholds at different intensities, but I suspect it is due in part to the pulse-width changes in the PWM wave (i.e., the shorter "on" / longer "off" phase in the PWM signal at low intensities is more noticeable for some reason). In the case here, the zigzag signal is constant at all outputs (i.e., it is pulse-constant), with a consistent slope (i.e., it is waveform-constant). This appears to drastically reduce the "noticeability" of the signal compared to PWM.

Also, I have noted that this signal intensity is quite variable across my MT-series samples (i.e., it is not a full on/off signal, and its amplitude varies considerably). Even with the MT1C on 1xRCR (my most prominent example), the signal is so weak that I cannot see any evidence of it visually on any mode, except when shining on a fan (and even then is fairly mild). It is certainly not visible in actual use (and as everyone here knows, I am particularly sensitive to PWM flicker ).

Again, the point here is that the M-series is indeed current-controlled, and you are highly unlikely to be able to detect any sign of this reoccurring circuit signal.

MT1C Strobe:

MT2A Strobe:

The MT1C/1A/2A all have a consistent strobe pattern, but it is different from the MT40 I reviewed previously. These three models show a typical "oscillating" strobe pattern, switching between ~22 Hz and ~12 Hz every 2 secs (representative MT1C and MT2A shown above). The individual strobe pulses are unusual, however, as shown in these blow-ups from the MT2A:

Normally, you get a brief spike in output on most strobes, followed by a sustained off. In any case, the net effect is fairly disorienting. :rolleyes:

Testing Method:

All my output numbers are relative for my home-made light box setup, a la Quickbeam's flashlightreviews.com method. You can directly compare all my relative output values from different reviews - i.e. an output value of "10" in one graph is the same as "10" in another. All runtimes are done under a cooling fan, except for any extended run Lo/Min modes (i.e. >12 hours) which are done without cooling.

I have devised a method for converting my lightbox relative output values (ROV) to estimated Lumens. See my How to convert Selfbuilt's Lightbox values to Lumens thread for more info.

----------

MT1C Review

From left to right: CR123A; Nitecore MT1C, EC1; Jetbeam PC10, BC10; Foursevens Quark 123; Eagletac D25C; Sunwayman M11R.

All dimensions are given with no batteries installed:

Nitecore MT1C: Weight: 42.4g, Length: 88.7mm, Width (bezel): 22.7mm
Nitecore EC1: Weight 43.0g, Length: 68.6mm, Width (bezel): 26.1mm
Rofis JR10: Weight 75.0g, Length (max): 110.6mm (angled): 92.9mm, Width (bezel): 24.8mm
Jetbeam PC10: Weight: 50.5g, Length: 93.6mm, Width (bezel): 22.6mm
Jetbeam BC10: Weight: 46.6g, Length: 90.3mm, Width (bezel): 23.2mm
Lumintop ED10: Weight: 21.5g, Length: 70.4mm, Width (bezel): 20.7mm
Thrunite Neutron 1C: Weight: 45.2g, Length: 91.5mm, Width (bezel) 22.0mm

Beamshots:

All lights are on Turbo/Max on 1x AW protected RCR in the first set of panels, followed by 1xCR123A in the second. Lights are about ~0.75 meter from a white wall (with the camera ~1.25 meters back from the wall). Automatic white balance on the camera, to minimize tint differences.

Note: although I am showing beamshots on 3.7V RCR Li-ion below, this is offically NOT supported by Nitecore in the MT1C.

And now on primary 3V 1xCR123A:

Hard to see in the shots above, but there is a fairly noticeable centre-beam dark spot on my MT1C. This is not uncommon in XP-G-based lights with smooth reflectors. It is less noticeable on my MT1A and MT2A samples.

Throw/Output Summary Chart:

My summary tables are reported in a manner consistent with the ANSI FL-1 standard for flashlight testing. Please see http://www.flashlightreview... for a discussion, and a description of all the terms used in these tables.

Note: 3.7V RCR Li-ion is offically NOT supported by Nitecore in the MT1C.

Output/Runtime Comparison:

Note: 3.7V RCR Li-ion is offically NOT supported by Nitecore in the MT1C.

---------

MT1A Review

From left to right: Duracell AA; Nitecore MT1A, EA1, SENS AA; Fenix LD10-R4; 4Sevens Quark AA; Zebralight SC51.

Nitecore MT1A: Weight: 54.6g, Length: 104.6mm, Width (bezel): 22.7mm
Nitecore SENS AA: Weight: 26.1g, Length: 82.7mm, Width (bezel): 19.8mm
Nitecore EZAA: Weight 20.9g, Length: 85.0mm, Width (bezel) 16.6mm
Rofis ER12: Wright: 35.5g, Length: 96.2mm, Width (bezel): 18.6mm
Tiablo E2A: Weight: 45.7g, Length: 101.2mm, Width (bezel): 19.9mm
Xeno E03:: Weight: 48.1g, Length 96.7mm, Width (bezel): 21.5mm
Xtar WK25B: Weight 42.9g, Length: 102.3mm, Width (bezel): 22.5mm

Beamshots:

All lights are on Max output on Sanyo Eneloop AA NiMH. Lights are about ~0.75 meter from a white wall (with the camera ~1.25 meters back from the wall). Automatic white balance on the camera, to minimize tint differences.

My summary tables are reported in a manner consistent with the ANSI FL-1 standard for flashlight testing. Please see http://www.flashlightreview... for a discussion, and a description of all the terms used in these tables.

Note: 3.7V 14500 Li-ion is offically NOT supported by Nitecore in the MT1A.

Note: 3.7V 14500 Li-ion is offically NOT supported by Nitecore in the MT1A.

---------

MT2A Review

From left to right: Duracell AA; Nitecore MT2A, EA2; Jetbeam BA20, PA20; Foursevens Mini AA-Quark AA-2; Eagletac D25A2.

All dimensions are given with no batteries installed:

Nitecore MT1A: Weight: 66.9g, Length: 154.3mm, Width (bezel):22.7mm
Nitecore EA2: Weight: 68.9g, Length: 134.4, Width (bezel): 26.1mm
Eagletac D25A2: Weight: 54.8g, Length 148.5mm, Width (bezel): 21.0mm
4Sevens QAA-2 X (Tactical tailcap): Weight: 60.1g, Length: 149.1mm, Width (bezel) 22.0mm
Jetbeam PA20: Weight: 82.5g, Length: 160mm, Width (bezel) 22.6mm
Jetbeam BA20: Weight: 70.2g, Length: 156.4mm, Width (bezel) 23.2mm
Thrunite Neutron 2A: Weight: 76.4g, Length: 250mm, Width (bezel) 22.0mm

Beamshots:

All lights are on Max output on 2x Sanyo Eneloop AA NiMH. Lights are about ~0.75 meter from a white wall (with the camera ~1.25 meters back from the wall). Automatic white balance on the camera, to minimize tint differences.

Interesting, my MT2A sample seems to outperform my Nitecore EA2 sample fairly significantly in terms of runtime, at all levels. Likely due to a lower relative emitter Vf, but of course I have no way of determining that.

---------

General Output/Runtime Comments:

Please refer back to the individual light reviews above for detailed tables comparing output and throw for each light, relative to its respective class.

One general conclusion that I can draw is that the Nitecore reported peak beam intensity and distance measures seem somewhat conservative (i.e., I typically got somewhat higher readings with my NIST-certified lux meter).

Another observation is that my sample of runtimes suggests that the reported Nitecore runtime specs are pretty accurate – keeping in mind the specific battery capacities used in their testing (detailed by Nitecore in their documentation), and the ANSI FL-1 standard of time to 10%.

To better allow you compare output at all levels on all lights, below are detailed tables for each model, on all supported battery types. I have indicated the manufacturer's specs for the identified cell type.

Once again, in general terms, Nitecore seems to be fairly accurate in their reporting of relative output spacing. :thumbsup:

Note however that all three lights show a step-down from Turbo after 3 mins continuous runtime. This is not shown in the tables above (which are estimated at the ANSI FL-1 standard of peak output at 30 secs - 2 mins). For those who are the curious, on standard primary batteries, the MT1C steps down from 315 to 245 estimated lumens, the MT1A from 155 to 130 estimated lumens, and the MT2A from 350 to 260 estimated lumens. You can turn the light off-on to restore full initial output.

:caution: As mentioned earlier, while 3.7V Li-ion are not supported in the MT1A and MT1C, in my testing the lights showed the loss of the Lo/Med modes initially on a fully charged 1x 3.7V Li-ion battery (although Turbo and Hi were maintained). Lo mode is usually restored fairly quickly once the battery runs down a bit, and Med mode returns some time later. I've left the Lo modes in the tables above, as I feel this is most representational of what you can typically expect in real-world use. But again, these are officially NOT supported by Nitecore.

The lights are generally well regulated on their primary power sources, at all levels tested. Output/runtime efficiency seems excellent, comparing very well to other current-controlled XP-G R5-equipped lights.

On Turbo, the models typically step-down from Hi after 3 mins runtime. Depending on the battery source though, this step-down may not be very significant.

Potential Issues

There is a regular signal at ~1 kHz on all the MT-series lights, but it is not PWM, and it is generally not perceptible. I could see no sign of it visually on my samples, which were flicker-free at all levels. Output/runtime efficiency is very good, in keeping with other current-controlled lights.

Because of the relatively deep and smooth reflectors, you may notice some centre beam artifacts on these lights (i.e., relative dark spot/band in the centre of the hotspot). This is variable on my samples, but is not uncommon on XP-G lights with these types of reflectors.

Note that Nitecore does not support 3.7V Li-ion cells in the MT1C/MT1A (although 3.2V LiFePO4 is supported in the MT1A manual). I tried them anyway, and the behavior is interesting - like many official multi-power lights in their respective classes, the MT1C and MT1A may not have defined Med and Lo modes initially on a fully-charged RCR/14500. What's different here is that the MT1C and MT1A actually skip the levels in the sequence. In other words, you will initially find the head-loosened mode sequence is Hi > SOS > Strobe. Eventually, Lo will reappear (i.e., Hi > Lo > SOS > Strobe), and finally Med mode returns, as the batteries drain somewhat in capacity. In any case, the manufacturer does not recommend use of these 3.7V Li-ion batteries.

Preliminary Observations

The new Nitecore "Multitask" MT-series lights remind me a lot of the JetBeam "Backup" and "Performance" series lights (specifically, the appearance of the Jetbeam BA/BC-series lights, and the functionality of the PA/PC-series).

Build-wise, the MT-series is closer to the Jetbeam Backup series, but with upgrades - most obvious is the generous supply of knurling now. The MT-series still has traditional triangular cut screw threads, but feel is good. The switch has a better feel than the previous Jetbeam lights (which were a bit squishy), and you have easier access to the button now.

The beam pattern is fairly throwy for these lights, due to the relatively deep and smooth reflectors coupled with XP-G emitters. Note that this can lead to some artfiacts (i.e., a centre beam void or ring).

The interface of the Multitask-series is very similar to the Jetbeam Performance series lights. With the head loosened, you similarly have access to five modes (Hi > Med > Lo > SOS > Strobe), with mode memory. While more sophisticated than the Backup series, I am never a fan of blinky modes on the same sequence as constant output modes. :shrug: At least they corrected the Jetbeam Performance series programming glitch that allowed the mode memory to change under certain conditions.

Output/runtime efficiency is typically very good or excellent at all levels, on all samples, on all battery types. :thumbsup: This is in keeping with a good current-control circuit.

The MT1C, MT1A and MT2A are good all-around performers for their classes, and a definite step-up from the earlier Jetbeam Backup series (but with comparable price). Please see my MT40 review for info on that model. A review of the 1x18650, 2xCR123A/RCR MT2C and MT25 will be coming soon. :wave:

----

MT1C, MT1A, MT2A provided by Nitecore for review.
selfbuilt вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Zexx (27.05.2015)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU