Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 2300   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 05.09.2014, 10:27 Автор темы   1
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 22.03.2024 22:14

По умолчанию Olight SR Mini Intimidator review (2800 lm, 3xXM-L2, 3x18650/6xCR123A)

Greetings All,
Since I first time saw the Olight catalog for 2014 the flashlight that caught my attention the most was the SR mini. And now, thanks to Olight company I have it, and would like to share my thoughts and measurements in this review.

What's so interesting in this flashlight?
It's the smallest flashlight from the senior SR line of Olight flashlights. Despite being very compact (shorter than many EDC flashlights including Thrunite TN12 2014) the flashlight manages to be extremely powerful - in turbo mode (more about it later) it manages to pull out an impressive amount of 2800 lumens. The flashlight is equipped with TIR optics and emits extremely floody light pattern - maybe the floodiest I saw .

Tech. Specs

127 mm and 2800 lumens - very impressive.
About the 2800 lumens and the turbo. 2800 lumens are achieved only in turbo mode, that is activated only when you hold the operating button down. When you release it it returns to last mode it was in before going to turbo. The flashlight emits a lot of heat, and in turbo mode you can burn a paper, plastic bag or a match only with the power of light. The difference in brightness between 1200 lumens is definitely visible but 2800 lumens doesn't seem to be twice as bright to the eye.

Packaging

By examining the package you can understand almost everything about the light. But there is a little surprise inside - invisible from outside.

There is a small black box with goodies inside the box. The box contains a holster, armband, spare o-rings, more aggressive strike bezel with screws and tool for replacing it, warranty card manual and commercials of other Olight flashlights.

The contents of the bag. The second - more aggressive bezel is of much higher quality than the standard one. The standard has some rough surfaces.
The holster is very nice, lacks an option to open from the side that is close to the belt.

Here is it, the hero. The flashlight sits very nice in hand, has a very good feel. The button will not be accidentally pressed I think. The button feel can be compared to the brake pedal in an automobile - at first it is smooth, and then it becomes tighter and actually controls the flashlight.
Short click turns flashlight on and off (there is mode memory). When you hold the button the flashlight goes to turbo mode, regardless of last mode. Double short click changes modes, tripple click turns strobe mode on (even from off).
There is "momentary on" option - you can press the button - the flashlight turns on in turbo, when you leave the button the flashlight turns off.
The button lits green when the flashlight is off. There is no warning when the batteries are low - the flashlight just suddenly shuts down.

TIR optics, no reflectors inside. All batteries going in with the positive end. There is no possibility to use flat-head cells, it is also noted at Olight website.
From what I see the flashlight is made from a single piece from aluminum. The flashlight come with cartridges for installing CR123A batteries. The cartridge is also Olight branded.

The tail-cap is very sophisticated, I did not try to much to figure out why it is the way it is. The tail-cap has two holes for connecting the lanyard.

The flashlight in comparison with other flashlights. When compared you start to understand why it has "mini" in it's name. The flashlight is even shorter than the Thrunite TN12 2014. The other flashlights that I compared the flashlight to were Olight SR96, SupBEAM K50 V2, JETBeam SRA40.

Right next to it's bigger brother (or father maybe?). Can you see the resemblance?

The aggerssive besel. Looks nice and different. Meanwhile I will not use it, I prefer the flashlight to be more compact.

I took some pictures while changing the bezel. You can see the "star" beneath the optics, and the lack of reflectors (TIR optics, remember?).

This picture expresses the flashlight light nature the best. No hotspot, really really nice.

Control shot and light in different modes. The flashlight can easily replace cars lights, I think it is a dream bike flashlight - it lights just all around you, you don't have to know where to look - all is filled in light around the spot where you point the flashlight.

No PWM, no noise at any level.

Some numbers (lux in meter from the flashlight, hotspot)

The results are very much expected. The beam is wide and not very focused, so it will not beat any record here.

Conclusion

I liked the flashlight very much. It is interesting, unique in many ways. If implementation of the turbo mode and lack of moonlight mode are not a big minus for you, and you need a really compact floody flashlight that can light all around you - than the SR mini can be the flashlight for you.

--------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading. English is not my native tongue - so sorry for the typos. If you want me to check something specific or test something - please tell me before sunday evening - I am going to a work trip and will not be able to assist.
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU