Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 4389   Ответов в теме 2   Подписчиков на тему 1   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 31.05.2012, 02:07 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 23.08.2013 16:00

По умолчанию turboBB's 2012 Memorial Day Weekend Camping Report (24 XM-L lights, beamshots, vids)

It's been almost a year since I published my Sunwayman T20C review (with pics and testing conducted mostly at the camp grounds off of Ft. Getty Rd. in Jamestown, RI). At the time, Cree's XM-L was just beginning to be widely adopted in the industry. Since then, they have not only become widespread but are pretty much the de facto LED used by the majority of lights being released (especially in multiple formation).

It will eventually be replaced by the next brighter LED but until then, here's a quick summary of my experiences while conducting beamshots and usage of 24 lights.

The chaos the night before setting off:

All lights and their batteries were packed into these 3 bags:

We ended up going to the same location this year. This time, given the outputs and capability of the lights I brought along, I decided to do long distance beamshots. Unfortunately time and weather didn't allow me to conduct mini vid reviews of all the lights so I'll be supplanting ones without vids with text summaries.

Here are the lights in alphabetical order by mfg:

LONG DISTANCE BEACH SHOTS
Given there was heavy misting both nights, I limited the long distance shots @ 500ft (152.4m) that were done at the nearby beach:

The upper-right arrow indicates location the camera was setup and the oval in bottom-left was the target at 500ft away.

Here is the control shot and close up of the target (doesn't match the beamshots exactly since I didn't have the tripod at the time):

Here is a control shot at night, there was some ambient light plus the moon was out (waxing crescent phase) but didn't contribute to any of the lighting in these shots (at least in the path of the beams) as far as I could tell:

All shots were taken w/Panny FZ150 on M mode, ISO400 and AWB. Exposure was locked at 1" @ f/2.8. At these distances and especially for lights w/a broad hotspot, my aim may not always be perfect (e.g. EYE25 vs. EYE30) but in some shots, it looks like I'm aiming lower but it's actually centered.

As mentioned, there was heavy misting both nights but it should still give you a good idea of the beam profile and throw capability of these lights (plus how many mist beamshots have you seen ). Without further ado, here are the beamshots!

Elektro Lumens Big Bruiser (review)

FoxFury Rook CheckMate (review)

Klarus XT20 (review)

Lighten7 Elite M1A

Lighten7 Elite M1B

Lighten7 Max L2A

NITECORE TM11 (v1.12)

Niteye EYE25 (review)

Niteye EYE30 (review)

Prometheus Lights Alpha Series XM18-B (review)

Shadow JM07-PRO

Sunwayman M11R Mr. Elfin (review)

Sunwayman T20C (review)

Sunwayman T40CS (review)

Sunwayman V11R Mr. révolution (review)

Sunwayman V60C (review)

SureFire M3LT (400lms) (review)

ThruNite TN10 (1x18650) (review)

ThruNite TN11 (2x18500) (review)

ThruNite TN30 (review)

ThruNite TN31 (review)

XENO G10v2 (review)

XENO S3A
(review)

XTAR S1 Production
(review)

After these shots were done, I drove my wife and daughter back to the inn so I could also charge up for the next night's shots and vids:

[Исправлено: turboBB, 04.06.2012 в 08:17]
turboBB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Admin (04.06.2012), MOHAPX (04.06.2012)
Старый 04.06.2012, 08:19 Автор темы   2
turboBB
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 23.08.2013 16:00

По умолчанию Re: turboBB's 2012 Memorial Day Weekend Camping Report (24 XM-L lights, beamshots, vids)

CAMPING GROUND SHOTS
The next night, I stayed right by the campsite and did even closer range beam shots since the misting was pretty bad. Unfortunately there is a bit of feedback (reflection from the mist) so I took four shots of each light; two aimed at the small tree about 40ft. away and two at the tip of the taller trees in the background that are approx. 100ft. away:

When I got back, I deleted the shots that had too much feedback so as not to create a false sense of brightness, however. Overall, the shots look just slightly overexposed as compared to what I my eyes saw but not too bad.

I also managed to squeeze in a video of a few lights (full playlist here) based on use around the tent and then a quick walk around the campsite. I had to keep it low since it was pretty late and there were others already sleeping. Given I was focusing on low light conditons, I bumped the ISO to 6400 so quality isn't the greatest and the vids will be pretty grainy but hopefully it tells the appropriate story on usage. Here is a pic indicating roughly the path taken:

(image courtesy of Google maps - red arrow indicates distance to small tree)

Here's a quick vid of a walkthru of the campsite and the path I took to test the lights:
Прямая ссылка на видео YouTube

This pic provides size perspective as you can see the location where I took the beach shots:

(image courtesy of maps.live.com - campsite in rectangle and the large oval in bottom right indicates target from beach shots and small circle in upper right where the camera was)

And here is a control video w/LedLenser H7 at night in the tent:

All shots were taken w/Panny FZ150 on M mode, ISO100 and AWB. Exposure was locked at 1.6" @ f/2.8. Again, given the heavy misting, my aim may not have been perfect for each shot so they may be slightly off but shots on left are always centered on the small tree and the shots on right at the tip of the trees in the background.

OK, with that all said, let's start off with a control shot using a Led Lenser H7 (intentionally overexposed given it's lower output):

Elektro Lumens Big Bruiser (review)
It was tucked away in the back pouch of the Maxpedition so I missed its shots for this round.

FoxFury Rook CheckMate (review)

Klarus XT20 (review)

Lighten7 Elite M1A

Lighten7 Elite M1B

Lighten7 Max L2A

NITECORE TM11 (v1.12)

Niteye EYE25 (review)

Niteye EYE30 (review)

Prometheus Lights Alpha Series XM18-B (review)

Mini Review/Summary

Shadow JM07-PRO

Sunwayman M11R Mr. Elfin (review)

Sunwayman T20C (review)

Sunwayman T40CS (review)

Sunwayman V11R Mr. révolution (review)

Sunwayman V60C (review)

SureFire M3LT (400lms) (review)

ThruNite TN10 (1x18650) (review)

ThruNite TN11 (2x18500) (review)

ThruNite TN30 (review)

Mini Review/Summary

ThruNite TN31 (review)

Mini Review/Summary

XENO G10v2 (review)

XENO S3A (review)

Mini Review/Summary

XTAR S1 Production (review)

Mini Review/Summary
turboBB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Admin (04.06.2012), Scratch (04.06.2012)
Старый 04.06.2012, 08:28   3
Scratch
Опаньки

Последняя активность: 07.12.2022 12:50

По умолчанию Re: turboBB's 2012 Memorial Day Weekend Camping Report (24 XM-L lights, beamshots, vids)

fantastic! Thanks!
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU