Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 4162   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 3   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 27.12.2015, 15:00 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

Thumbs up Nitecore P12GT (XP-L HI V3, 1x18650 or 2x(R)CR123A) Review

Nitecore recently released the P12GT featuring a new emitter XP-L HI V3, dual switch, temperature regulation and power indicator which display battery voltage and low voltage warning.

Packaging is Nitecore's current standard cardboard box, with some measured data in accordance with ANSI/NEMA FL1 and information printed on the box. Inside, included with the light are user manual, warranty card, spare o-rings, spare tail switch boot cover, pocket clip, grip ring, wrist lanyard, and holster with velcro closing flap.
Manufacturer Specifications from user manual :

• Premium CREE XP-L HI V3 LED
• Maximum output up to 1000 lumens
• 'Crystal Coating Technology' combined with 'Precision Digital Optics Technology' provide extreme reflector performance
• Boasts a peak beam intensity of 25,700 cd and a throw distance up to 320 meters
• High efficiency circuit board provides up to 520 hours runtime on low level
• Side switch interface provides one-handed operation and easy access to all functions
• Side switch features an indicator light which displays remaining battery power (Chinese Patent: ZL201220057767.4)
• Features advanced temperature regulation (ATR) technology
• Power indicator’'s secondary function displays battery voltage (accurate to 0.1V)
• Intelligent memory function stores preferred brightness setting
• High-efficiency regulation circuit provides unwavering output
• Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
• Constructed from aero grade aluminium alloy with HAIII military grade hard-anodized finish
• Waterproof in accordance with IPX-8 (two meters submersible)
• Impact resistant to 1.5 meters
• Stainless steel titanium-plated two-way clip included
• Tail stand capability
• Length : 5.51" (140mm), Head Diameter : 1" (25.4mm), Tail Diameter : 1" (25.4mm)
• Weight : 3.21oz (91g) (without battery)

Notice : The above data has been measured in accordance with the international flashlight testing standards ANSI/NEMA FL1 using 1x3.7V 3400mAh Nitecore 18650 battery and 2x3V 1700mAh Nitecore CR123 batteries under laboratory conditions. The data may be vary slightly during real-world use due to battery type, individual usage habits and environmental factors.

Like the P12 (XM-L2 T6) 2014 edition I reviewed before, the hard (type III) anodizing is a glossy black and consistent throughout with no chips or damage of other faults to be found. Black anodizing is excellent on my sample. All labels are sharp and clear. Actually labels are not as very bright white as some other lights, but that helps to make them less obtrusive. The typical diamond-shape knurling is present over battery tube and tailcap.

You can see how the P12GT compares to P12 2014 in appearance. The P12GT isn't physically distinguishable from the P12 2014 except head only.

The P12GT is slightly longer than the P12 2014 (i.e., the head of the P12GT is slightly longer than the P12). The reflector of the P12GT seems to have a bit deeper depth than the P12. The side switch of the P12GT protrudes from the head surface slightly more than the P12. One more different thing with both lights is the crenellated bezel.

The screw threads are identical in both head and tail region on both lights. Note that the heads, tailcaps and body tubes are not only physically but also electrically interchangeable between the lights.

The light has 3 parts (i.e. head, body tube, and tailcap).

The head has pure cylindrical design with dodecagonal shape at the neck (i.e., right under the side switch) which provides good grip and anti-roll feature. The head tip is the crenellated shape. There are five deep cooling fins for heat dissipation. There is a positive contact point in the head which is surrounded by a slightly protruded black plastic ring. This ring is the physical reverse polarity protection feature of the light, so true flat-top batteries may not work. But all my unprotected cells with a slightly raised (or even wide) contact work fine.

The distinctive aspect of the light are the dual-switch control in the head and tailcap of the light and the power indicator. The mode-changing side switch is electronic switch, with audible click. It has a good amount of tension which produces a quiet clicking sound when pressed.

Nitecore applied ATR (Advanced Temperature Regulation) technology to P12GT and it adjust output level based on internal temperature of the light. This will prevent damage from overheating.

The P12GT has the blue power indicator under the side switch. It will flash during operation to let you know when the battery power is dropping. The manual says the power indicator will blink once every two seconds when power levels reach 50%.

When the power indicator blinks rapidly, this indicates the batteries need to be replaced (i.e., nearly drained).
Note that there is a battery voltage read-out on the light, but it is hidden. When you are in Off, do a press and release both tailcap switch and side switch in the head simultaneously to have it read out the voltage.

The light uses AR coating lens and the purple hue is reflected on it. The aluminum reflector has a smooth pattern. Surface finish on the reflector was perfect from visual inspection. Centering of the XP-L HI V3 emitter is good at the bottom of the reflector cup on my sample.

The battery tube has a plain cylindrical tube design and accommodates either 2x(R)CR123A's or 18650 cells. The body has two flat faces where manufacturer & model name are printed on. Battery tube is wide and long enough to accommodate wider and longer protected 18650 cells. The diamond-shape knurling is present over body tube. Knurling is of moderate aggressiveness on the body tube. But when combined all the other grip elements (e.g., dodecagonal shaped element surrounding side switch, cooling fins, clip, etc.), overall grip is good.

Threads on both ends are well machined, with the those on the both end being anodized which allows the light to be locked-out when the tailcap is slightly loosened.
Threads on either ends on the battery tube mate well with the head and tailcap with no issues of cross-threading or grinding. The screws threads on the head and the tail section are square-cut & triangular-cut respectively.

The tailcap switch is a forward clicky which allows for momentary activation. The rubber switch cap is recessed within the tail end. The light can tailstand in its default stock form. The switch has nice stiff tension with average travel. There is a band of knurling on the tailcap. There are a couple of wide loops for wrist lanyard attachments.
User Interface

Turn the light on-off by the forward tailcap switch. Lightly press and hold for momentary, click (i.e., press and release) for constant on. Click again to turn off. Actually, there is no change to interface between P12GT and P12 2014.

There are two modes (i.e., general mode & flashing mode).
Output mode switching is controlled by the side switch in the head.

1) General mode
To change modes, click the side switch in the head while on. Mode sequence is Lower -> Low -> Med. -> High, in repeating sequence. The light has mode memory, and remembers the last output level used when you turn the light off and back on, even after a battery change.
Note that you cannot set the output level while the light is off. The electronic side switch only works when the light is powered on by the tailcap switch first. As such, there is no standby current on the P12GT.

2) Flashing mode
There are “hidden” Strobe, SOS and Location Beacon in the flashing mode.
Press and hold the side switch to access Strobe when on. Press and hold again to switch to SOS.
Press and hold again to switch to Location Beacon. A single click exits you from the flashing mode back into constant output of the general mode. Note that Strobe is the only flashing mode which has a mode memory and is the default flashing mode (i.e., if the light is turned off while in Strobe, Strobe will resume when the light is turned on again).

From left to right, VicLite 18650 (2600mAh) protected, Fenix PD35 TAC (XP-L HD V5), Fenix PD35 (XM-L2 U2), Nitecore P12GT (XP-L HI V3), Fenix TK16 (XM-L2 U2).

From left to right, Fenix PD35 TAC (XP-L HD V5), Fenix PD35 (XM-L2 U2), Nitecore P12GT (XP-L HI V3), Fenix TK16 (XM-L2 U2).

The battery tube has a notch on the end where the removable clip can be attached.
The clip-on stainless steel clip looks and feels reasonably sturdy. It holds onto the light tightly. The clip works as a good anti-roll device. There is a small gap, just below the notch, for inserting the grip ring (i.e., this grip ring is removable and is on the end of the body. It acts as an anti-roll feature so the light doesn't accidentally roll off and it helps when holding the light in a cigar-style grip. It can be removed without removing the o-ring on the body tube. The clip is head-facing, and it is a titanium-plated stainless steel.

The light comes with a nylon holster with a velcro strap on the head. The light fits in the holster either head-up or head-down with clip installed. But it fits in the holster just head-down with both clip and grip ring installed, and the light doesn't go all the way into the holster due to the grip ring. Thanks to enough velcro, you will close the flap on the head tough.
Measured Dimensions & Weight

The entire light's small & clean cylindrical design makes it feel very comfortable when held in hand. The wall thickness of the body is reasonably thick (3.2mm), and the light feel solid. It is good size to hold and can be used as an EDC light. Overall build quality is excellent.
PWM

No sign of PWM at any level of the light, leading me to conclude the light is actually current-controlled. I notice there is no buzzing sound at all output levels.
Runtime

The runtime to fall to 10% of its initial output from 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on (i.e., based on ANSI FL-1) for High is as above graph :
P12GT has a built-in thermal sensor which is a nice safety feature for the high output light. There is no thermal step-down on High on 1x18650, thanks to fan cooling during testing. Instead, fan-cooling runtime shows a slowly drop in output as the battery drain or near exhaustion.

The power indicator will blink once every two seconds when power levels reach 50%. When the power indicator blinks rapidly, the batteries need to be replaced (i.e., nearly drained) or recharged. This is a useful signal to tell you it's time to recharge Li-ion cell before over-depleting unprotected cell.

As expected, the higher capacity cell gives you extended runtime and more efficiency in output during regulation. I could see there was rapid flashing to indicate low voltage when the battery power is very low.

This is a comparison with and without fan cooling to compare how the light activate. The lack of cooling cause a more initial drop in output, but it's practically impossible for you to see the difference visually. Then the light steps down gradually, taking about 2~3 mins to level off at the lower High level (i.e., higher output than Med.). This means you are unlikely to notice the step-down on the light. The regulation pattern and runtime efficiency of the light seem good.

Compared to other 1x18650 class light, the P12GT shows the reasonably good efficiency and output.
Beamshot

1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door) on max. output on 1x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cell
- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/25sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/100sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/800sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/2000sec, Auto white balance

The light has a small sized bright hot spot. A soft corona surrounding the hotspot is very slightly greenish yellow. The spill beam width is narrower than others. Beam pattern is very good, free from any artifact. The overall beam tint is very close to pure white on my sample.
2. 85m Outdoor Beamshot on max. output on 1x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cell
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

3. 120m Outdoor Beamshot on max. output on 1x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cell
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

The P12GT is an outstanding thrower for the class, given the size of the small head and reflector. Beam pattern and tint are good.

The P12GT gives you a nice Lower Low output level.
Overall Impression
• Build quality is excellent
• Anti-roll indentations on the body
• The light can tailstand
• Physical reverse polarity protection function
• Mode memory for general mode including Strobe
• True flat-top batteries may not work (but, all my unprotected flat 18650's work fine)
• Thermal step-down feature on High
• Output-runtime efficiency is good
• Lower low mode is available
• Low battery warning and battery voltage indication function
• No sign of PWM flickers at any output modes
• Very good throw with a balance of spill beam
• Beam pattern is close to pure white and clean

Nitecore P12GT provided by Nitecore for review.
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
blackwolf762 (27.12.2015), edger (28.12.2015), ko54 (27.12.2015), Mukcep (06.01.2016), nokiaf (28.12.2015), Tatamovich (30.12.2015)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU