Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 6528   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 21.02.2011, 08:31 Автор темы   1
Модератор своих разделов

Последняя активность: 10.10.2022 08:53

По умолчанию Xtar TZ-20 Platoon

Xtar TZ-20 Platoon

Xtar is a rather new name on flashlights, but they are working on establishing a range of lights, in this review I will look at the TZ20 that can be used on a weapon or handheld as a tactical light. The light is a single mode light with a forward switch, i.e. no risk of selecting the wrong mode at a critical moment. The light is made of aluminum with hard-anodized (Type 3) finish.

The light comes in a black cardboard box.

The box includes the light, lanyard, GITD (Glow in the Dark) rubber for switch, extra switch, an O-ring, thin ring to replace the grip ring, gun mount, Allen key for gun mount and manual with specifications and some instructions.

With my light was also included a remote pressure switch in a separate plastic bag.

The light uses a Cree XR-E led in an OP (Orange peel) reflector. The head, glass and reflector is protected by a stainless steel bezel.

On the head there are some flat surfaces, they can work as an antiroll device, if the grip ring and the clip is removed.

The light has a clip on it that is mounted with two screws that can be removed with a 2 mm Allan key.

The body is with a square knurling, to improve the grip on the light.

The light has a removable grip ring, with a supplied plain ring that can replace it.

The treads are square cut, but without anodizing, i.e. lockout is not possible, this light will always turn on when the switch is pressed!

Looking into the body, the battery connection at the head can be seen, it is a metal bump, i.e. the battery does not connect directly to the circuit board, but there are no spring.

The tailcap has a spring, both the tailcap with a build in switch and the tailcap with the remote pressure switch.

The switch is protected by some projection on the tailcap, but is easy enough to activate with the thumb. The switch is very sensitive, only a light pressure on the switch, is needed to turn the light on, to lock it on a more normal pressure is needed. Due to the projections the light can stand on the tailcap.

The lanyard is not the usual type, on this one you have to tie you own knot on the cord that goes through the tailcap.

The wire for the pressure switch is between 18 cm and 50 cm.

The gun mount is mounted with the supplied Allan key. The tailcap and the grip ring must be removed before the gun mount can slide over the flashlight body. The clip will not interfere with the gun mount.

I could not open the head of the light, only the tailcap.

This light is designed for tactical purpose, especially mounting on a weapon and everything that is needed for that is included. The single level with no lockout makes the light foolproof, if there are any power in the batteries it will turn on at maximum possible brightness.

Technical specification and measurements

The light can use 1x18650/1x18700 LiIon battery or 2xCR123/2x16340 (RCR123) batteries.

The light is specified with a maximum output of 240 lumen and 3 hours runtime with 18650 battery

A runtime plot shows that the full brightness requires 2xCR123 batteries and will stay in stabilization for about 80 minutes, half output is reached after 100 minutes. Using an 18700 battery will be above 50% of maximum output (For 2xCR123) for 4 hours and 6 minutes.

Current consumption: 900mA with 18700 LiIon battery, 750 mA with 2xCR123 battery

Doing a full voltage/current/brightness scan shows that the stabilization needs at least 5 volt to be effective (This will depend on led Vf) and that is the reason that it does not stabilize on a single LiIon battery, but needs two batteries.
Note: The lumen specification is taken from the specifications and my lux measurements are used to scale it.

This light has no pwm or other artifacts in the light.

Measured size and weight:
Diameter: 24 mm to 34 mm
Length: 141.5 mm
Weight: 170 gram in handheld configuration, 226 gram with gun mount and pressure switch, in both cases loaded with Xtar 18700 battery.

The led is a Cree XR-E Q5

Comparison to other Flashlights

I have selected other tactical light for comparison, some with both 18650 and 2xCR123 capabilities, most are multilevel, but only one will change brightness with multiple presses on the button. The lights are (Same sequence as picture): Xtar TZ20 Platoon, OLight M20 Warrior, Fenix TK11, Fenix TA21, DereeLight CL1H, JetBeam RRT-2 Raptor, SureFire 6P (Incandescent).

First a graph with maximal brightness for each light, this time I have both measured with 1x18650 and 2xCR123 batteries. The TZ20 does match the other lights in output, with 2xCR123 it is a little above the other lights.
Note: The CL1H and 6P could also match the other light (or surpass them), it would just require another P60 module in the lights.

Comparing the throw (Measured lux at 2 meters), shows that the TZ20 has a good throw but is not optimized for throw (like RRT-2).

Beamprofile
Xtar TZ20 Platoon, OLight M20 Warrior, Fenix TK11

Fenix TA21, DereeLight CL1H, JetBeam RRT-2 Raptor

SureFire 6P (Incandescent), dark reference

Beamprofile, reduced exposure

A tree

Xtar TZ20 Platoon

OLight M20 Warrior

3 levels controlled by loosen/tighten the head and support both 18650 and 2xCR123

Fenix TK11

2 levels one with loose head, one with tight head and support both 18650 and 2xCR123

Fenix TA21

9 levels and 3 flashing modes controlled by a ring and support both 18650 and 2xCR123
I have written more about TA21 in my Danish review

DereeLight CL1H

The tested light only support 18650 and has 3 levels controlled with the button, but the light module can be replaced with many other types with different battery support, different brightness and also a single level module.

JetBeam RRT-2 Raptor

3 levels and 1 flashing modes controlled by a ring and support both 18650 and 2xCR123
I have written more about RRT-2 in my Danish review

SureFire 6P (Incandescent)

I have used the incandescent bulb for this test, but (like CL1H) the light support a wide varity of other light modules.

Notes

The light for the review was supplied by Xtar.
HKJ вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
ange (23.03.2012)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU