Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 2870   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 08.05.2013, 08:40 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 23.08.2013 16:00

По умолчанию SHADOW GF1 (XM-L T6 | 1 x R/CR123 / 18350 / 18650) Review

Shadow's GF1 is currently their only 1xCR123-sized light (18350 really but more on that later) in their lineup but can accommodate 18650's with the included extension tube:

This offers it great versatility and regardless of the configuration, it is relatively compact as compared to its respective categorical peers (especially in 18650 form).

MFG SPECS
MSRP: $49.99USD

Note: Both 1x18650 and 1xR/CR123 battery tubes are included

- Cree XM-L T6 LED with lifespan of 50,000 hours,maximum output of 450 lumens.
- Digitally regulated output, maintains constant brightness.
- Low voltage warning flash.
- Reverse polarity protection.
- Side switch on body of flashlight for on/off operation (Hold button for more than 1 second). Hold switch further to enable mode switching between 3 light modes (High, Medium, Low) and 1 strobe mode accessed via quick double click (Strobe can be accessed regardless if the flashlight is on or off)
- Textured Aluminum reflector.
- Beam throws over 100 meters.
- Made of durable 6061 aluminum alloy.
- CNC manufactured.
- Stainless steel bezel.
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens.
- Premium Hard Anodized Type III champagne finish. Scratch resistant and anti-abrasive.
- IPX-8 waterproof.
- 78/111mm(Length)x25mm(Body)x25.4mm(Head).
- 61/74g weight (battery not included).
- Powered by Li-ion battery: 1x18650. 1x16340 with optional battery tube.
- Test run(Powered by 1x18650,capacity of 3.7V/2600mAh,Sanyo):
High Mode:1.7 hrs,450lm
Low Mode: over 35 hrs.
- Included accessories: lanyard/spare rubber switch cover/O rings/glass lens/switch.
- Versatility of EDC,especially for ladies..
Note: The above-mentioned parameters are approximate and may vary between flashlights, batteries and environments.

PACKAGING / CONTENTS
The GF1 arrived in a generic cardboard box with a sticker that had the model and version handwritten on it:

Accessories included are: 1x18650 tube, lanyard, spare lens and O-ring's:

CONDENSED VIDEO SUMMARY
Here is a complete video summary of the GF1 while while I work on fleshing out this review:
Прямая ссылка на видео YouTube

DESIGN & FEATURES
The GF1 features a removable SS bezel that holds down the lens & textured reflector (tip, unscrew the body to release the vacuum which will aid w/removal of the lens):

There is no AR coating on the lens that I can discern:

The reflector measures 19.9mm (.78in) by 11.7mm (.46in) It would've been nice had a smooth version been available so one could swap it out based on flood/throw, usage/preference.

There are grooves machined around the throat of the light that should aid with heat dissipation:
[pic] [pic] [pic]
The side-switch is mounted on a "pedestal" and in direct contrast with all their other side-switch lights. This may impact carrying decisions since the edges are kind of sharp:

The SS ring around the side-switch adds a nice aesthetic element and contrasts well with the dark tan body.
[pic]

The tube is milled as a single piece save for a "plug" at the end which was done for aesthetic reasons:
[pic] [pic] [pic]
As on the JM26 and SL3, there are dual sets of machined holes for the included wrist strap on the 18650 body, but just a single set on the shorty tube.

Peering underneath the head, there is a brass nodule that acts as the positive battery contact point:

It sits just slightly recessed of the white plastic base but shouldn't be an issue since I'm not aware of any flat-top R/CR123's.

The tube features trapezoidal-cut threads and there is a spring in the base of the tube to aid with shock resistance:
[pic]

As previously mentioned, in addition to R/CR123's it’s large enough to accommodate 18350 cells:
[pic] [pic] [pic]
Although I do have UF one's that are actually 37mm in length which are too long and don't fit.

The 18650 tube is for all intents and purposes identical to the shorty tube (save for the aforementioned lanyard holes), just longer. There were no issues with fitting my shortest and longest cells in it:
[pic]
L: AW IMR 18650 1600mAH | R: XTAR 18700

SIZE / HANDLING

L to R: XTAR 16340 | ITP EOS A1 SS | NITECORE Mini CR | Zebralight SC30 | XTAR WK21 | Sunwayman M11R | Shadow GF1 | Jetbeam TCR1 | Sunwayman V11R | Sunwayman V10A Ti | Surefire E1E

It runs roughly mid-pack compared to other R/CR123-sized lights but not too much more especially in consideration that it can also fit a 18350 cell, in which case it's comparable to the TC-R1 size-wise.

L to R: RediLast 3400 | XENO S3A | Shadow GF1 (w/18650 tube) | Sunwayman T20C | Shadow TC350 | XTAR TZ20 | ThruNite TN11S | Crelant V9-T6 | Niwalker 600N1 | NITECORE P25

In 1x18650 form factor, the GF1 is one of the most compact and as a matter of fact, only the ultra compact S3A is slightly smaller (slimmer) overall in my collection.

It felt good in my medium-sized hands in either an over or under-hand grip:
[pic]

BEAMSHOTS
Indoors (5m)
High

Med

Low

For details of the above indoor shots and comparo vs. many other lights, please check Epic Indoor Shots Trilogy

RUNTIME & OUTPUT
The relevant battery stats are provided above each runtime graph along with:
- Voltage of the battery at the start and end of the test
- Current draw
- Actual runtime using ANSI FL1 (first in HR and then in M so for the RL3400 on Turbo, read this as 1.6hrs or 98min)
- As of May 2012: Lumens measured on my PVC LMD @ 30 seconds
- Also for High, captured the temperature: ambient, the head/fins at start and the max it reached (fan was used for all bats)

Max output measured @ 30 seconds was 504lms w/a AW IMR 18350 (note: although I calibrate my PVC LMD before each runtime/lumens testing, the ambient temp will also cause deviations in readings).

After a slight decline in the first few minutes, the GF1 runs nearly perfectly regulated regardless of the cell used. However, one should note that the current draw is ~1.5A and will be pretty hard on regular 16340 cells so use of IMR cells w/the shorty tube is strongly recommended. The current draw will actually increase the longer the GF1 stays on since the circuit will attempt to boost to maintain regulation as the voltage drops so the ~1.5A draw on High should actually be considered a minimum. I didn't capture the temp w/1xAW 16340 LiCo but the temp was about the same as with the other cells.

Here in order for each cell are measurements for:
* step-down; time + avg lms in first minute thereafter
* medium; average lms in first minute + current draw and calculated runtime
* low; average lms in first minute + current draw and calculated runtime
* stand-by; since the GF1 utilizes an electronic switch, the current draw + calculated time before cell is drained
[chart to come]

GF1 GALLERY

=======
GF1 provided by sbflashlights.com for review.
turboBB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
MOHAPX (09.05.2013), SloNicK (04.10.2014), Whiskas (09.05.2013)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU