Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 3064   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 1   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 07.08.2013, 19:27 Автор темы   1
Новичок

Последняя активность: 28.07.2014 00:17

По умолчанию SureFire E2DL Ultra Review

Hello and welcome to my first review on FONAREVKA.RU. I appreciate the welcome I have received already and I hope everyone finds these reviews useful!

This review concerns the latest member of SureFire's Defender line of flashlights, the E2DL Ultra, which boasts 500 lumens of output versus the 200 lumens of the previous models. As before, the output is focused through the use of a Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens.

Overview

The Ultra, like its predecessor, the E2DL, provides two levels of output controlled by a single tail-cap switch: Press or click once for full output and return to off and press or click again within 2 seconds for a lower intensity 5 lumen output. As with other SureFire Defender flashlights, the E2DL Ultra features a crenelated bezel and scalloped tail cap, both providing defensive options should the need arise.

The E2DL Ultra looks great with the black hard-anodized finish, distinctive knurling, and crisp white lettering. The light is compact and lightweight but still feels solid with no obvious defects with regard to fit or finish. The knurling, finish, and scalloped tail cap provide for a secure grip on the Ultra in a variety of holds.

The Ultra can be disassembled into its 3 main parts - head, body, and tailcap - and the batteries are supported at both ends by springs. The Ultra also comes with a 2-way carry clip similar to the LX2 and A2L.

The addition of the 2-way clip allows the E2DL Ultra to be pocket carried in the bezel down position and it appears the bezel has been redesigned with this in mind. The Ultra's crenelations are slightly beveled and are much less aggressive than previous versions of the E2DL.

The changes make a positive difference and the Ultra is easier to pocket carry than I expected.

The body provides for a secure hold due to the knurling and flared tailcap. The Ultra is easy to operate in hold in a variety of positions including overhand and cigar grip.

Performance

The E2DL Ultra has an impressive output with an intense center hotspot surrounded by an extremely wide spill beam. The spill is not as intense as reflector based lights with the same output, such as the SureFire Fury, which makes it less likely to "bounce" back into the user's eyes.

In the following beamshot photos, the distance is approximately 30 meters to the wooden swing.

Indoor photos at 8 meters:

Additional beamshots and side-by-side comparisons can be found in the full review at FlashlightlightGuide.com

The E2DL Ultra has a noticeable green tint around the corona of the hotspot when projected on lightly colored objects. However, the tint has not been noticeable or distracting to me in normal use.

The beam does show some faint rings from the TIR optic but they are much less distinct than older versions. Overall the beam is relatively free of artifacts and has a very smooth and even spill. The more I have used these latest optics, the more I enjoy them.

Runtime

When operated continuously the E2DL Ultra maintains its initial level of output for approximately 7 or 8 minutes before output drops and the light begins running in regulation. It maintains this regulation for another 80+ minutes before dropping out of regulation as the battery voltage dropped.

During my tests the Ultra produced what I would call a usable level of light for 140 minutes before it began blinking as the batteries were depleted.

Conclusions

The E2DL Ultra is a versatile light that projects effective light well over 100 yards but also provides enough spill to illuminate the general area. Its compact size and 2-way pocket clip allow for a variety of EDC and usage options.

Strengths
  • Versatile and useful beam
  • Good runtime (although at less than full output) with long taper as batteries become depleted.
  • Addition of 2-way pocket clip – one of the best in the business.
  • Parts compatibility with other E-series lights.

Concerns
  • Trademark aggressive styling of the Defender lights is not acceptable or appealing to everyone.
  • No diffusers or filters available for the 1.125″ bezel.
  • Only maintains initial output for a short time.

Thanks for reading!
Admin (07.08.2013), Alexandr8253 (07.08.2013), awl (14.10.2013), dead_skif (07.08.2013), dsche (07.08.2013), Mikkilighter (07.08.2013), RXoid (24.10.2013), Светлячок (07.08.2013)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU