Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 3084   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 1   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 04.08.2015, 13:12 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

Arrow Olight S30R Baton II (XM-L2 U3 1x18650, 2xCR123A) with Charging Dock Review

Olight has released the S30R II Baton, the upgraded version of the S30R, which is one of the Olight rechargeable Baton series, powered by 1x18650 or 2xCR123A. The packaging is the clear plastic container. You can see the important features and specifications on the side and back of the packaging.

S30R II comes with removable pocket clip (attached), spare o-rings, charging dock, micro -USB cable, anti-slip pad for charging dock, customized Olight 18650 (3600mAh) protected, user manual, anti-slip pad installation manual.
Manufacturer Specifications from Olight's website & manual :

• Fast and easy charging. The light features a micro-USB charging dock that includes an additional USB input to charge other devices.
• The light is powerful and small with a maximum light output up to 1020 lumens.
• The flashlight includes 1 x 18650 3600mAh.
• Cree XM-L2 U3. The maximum output is 1020 lumens
• Hardened tempered glass with two-sided anti-reflective coating featuring a glow-in-the-dark o-ring
• Tough ultra-clear tempered glass with two-sided anti-reflective coating
• Multi-function side switch with five brightness levels, plus a strobe mode
• Flat tail cap with a strong magnet providing the ability to use it as a hands-free work light
• Removable pocket clip that is scratch resistant
• Thermal management safety program provides overheating protection by dropping high output by 60% after 5 minutes of constant on
• Featuring a wide range current circuit. The light can be powered by 2 x CR123A (Cannot be charged).
• Reverse polarity protection to prevent improper battery installation
• Can be powered by two non-rechargeable CR123A lithium batteries as a last resort in an emergency.
• Low standby current below 15uA
• Flashlight : 4.69in/119mm x 0.98in/25mm
• Charging Dock : 2.17x1.97x0.63 in / 55x50x16mm
• 122g/4.3oz (flashlight with battery)
• 24g/0.85oz (charging dock)

The hard(type III) anodizing is a matte black and no flaws on my sample. All labels are sharp and clear in bright white against the black background. The raised checkered pattern is present over most of the body and tailcap. The light has no tail switch. Fit and finish looks very good.

The light has 2 parts. The body is one piece with the head (i.e., the body has a built-in head). The pocket clip also works as a good anti-roll device. The light gives you the option to choose between an included 18650 (3200 mAh) or a 18650 (3600 mAh) battery. My review sample came with a 3600mAh cell.

The light has a flat head tip and a GITD blue o-ring. The head has a clean looking cylindrical design with a hex-shaped neck which provides grip. There's an electronic side switch on the hex-shaped neck for on-off and mode changing. The side switch cap is not the hard plastic or metal button, but it looks soft silicone rubber. The switch cap is very slightly protruded from a metal surround. This may cause the risk of accidental activation. The switch has a good feel to touch and has slightly short travel, which produces a quiet clicking sound when pressed. Note that the negative (-) battery contact in the head has a spring.

The light uses AR coating lens where the purple hue is reflected on it. The reflector has a smooth pattern. It is well polished with no noticeable finishing flaws and well-centered XM-L2 U3 LED sits at the bottom of the reflector cup.

When you turn on the light, it charges up the GITD o-ring.

There is a low voltage warning sensor under the side switch. The red LED below the switch will light up as the battery is near exhaustion.

The pocket clip is sturdy and hold onto the light securely. It is removable and reversible, allowing both bezel-up or bezel-down. The wall thickness of the body is 2.1mm. The light feel solid.

The body and tailcap is mostly covered in aggressive raised checkered portions. The grip is very good.

A custom protected Olight 18650 (3600mAh) rechargeable cell came with the S30R II. It features over-discharge (2.5±0.05V)) protection, short circuit protection and over-charge protection). Labels are rather extensive in addition to the manufacturer and battery name. Note that the battery does have both positive and negative contact on the traditionally positive end and the opposite side is negative only. In other words, the inner raised contact is positive polarity and the outer contact is actually negative on the one end only. You can use other 18650 cells in the light, but you will not be able to charge them in the light.

The screw threads are square-cut of good quality. Threads are well machined, and anodized which allows the light to be locked-out when the tailcap is slightly loosened. As supplied, threads are well lubricated. Screw threads action is smooth with no cross-threading or squeaking on my sample.

There is a small spring-loaded positive (+) contact, and negative (-) contact ring surrounds the central positive contact on the inside of the tailcap. This negative contact ring act as a physical reverse polarity protector. The positive and negative contact design in the tailcap has two intentions : battery charging and battery protection from reverse polarity. True flat-top or wide button-top batteries will not work in the light. There is a magnet in the tailcap and the magnet pull is strong. The light sticks to all the metal objects made with steel. It allows the light to adhere to the vertical metal surface. There are two exposed metal parts (i.e., a recessed inner circular contact and an outside ring) on the outside of the tailcap. These do connect magnetically to the charging dock. The magnet helps the light stick to the charging dock securely and stably. The S30R II can tailstand.

Unlike the other lights, you have to insert the batteries into the light as shown in the picture above.
User Interface

There are two modes (i.e., general mode & strobe mode).

On-off and output switching is controlled by the electronic side switch. A quick press and release (i.e., click) turns the light on, and another quick click turns the light off.

Holding down the switch will proceed Low -> Med. -> High, in repeating sequence, when on. To select your desired mode or output level, just release the switch. The light has mode memory, and remembers the last output level used when you turn the light off and back on. But note that it always turns on in Low after a battery change.

You can access Moonlight directly from "Off" by a sustained press of the switch for one second. This means Moonlight is a completely separate mode from the above Low, Med., High.
A single click from Off will access to the memorized output level.
A double quick click will activate Turbo directly, whatever mode the light is on (even Off).
A triple quick click will activate Strobe directly, whatever mode the light is on (even Off). The strobe has no memory. A single sustained press of the switch will return to the previous output level

You can connect the charging dock to the USB port of your PC by a bundled micro USB cable or to your electric outlet by a AC/DV USB adaptor. But the adaptor was not supplied from Olight, so I use my Galaxy S4 USB adaptor (output DC5.0V, 2A). There are a micro USB input port and an extended USB port in the charging dock. You are able to use the extended USB port for data transmission or charging for cell phones or other digital products.

A LED indicator on the charging dock shows you two charging status. It lights up constant red under normal charging condition. When charging is complete, it turns to constant green. Also in case battery installed wrongly or tailcap not screwed, it just shows green.
Charging in the light
I did two charging tests with a bundled Olight 18650 (3600mAh) in the light, using the USB adaptor (output DC5.0V, 2A). The voltage before, under and after charging are as follows :

I used the Xtar USB Detector "VI01" to measure charging current and input voltage.
For first charging test, I used a discharged Olight 18650 (3600mAh) battery, resting voltage was 3.12V. As shown in the above table, the initial charging and input voltage were respectively 0.62A and 5.31V. For about 10 mins, it's hard to read the fluctuating current. Max. charging current was 0.99A at about 2hrs charge.
After 5hrs, the current was down to 0.11A. After 5hrs 9mins, charging was completed and the LED indicator in the charging dock went green. The resting voltage of the 18650 was 4.24V at this point. It is reasonable and good for charged voltage.

Note that USB detector indicated 0.01A, even when the LED indicator was green. If I remove the light from the charging dock, the current is still 0.01A. I was not sure if the 18650 in the light is continuously charged after the LED indicator go green. So I decided to do a second charging test.

After discharging the same Olight 18650 (3600mAh) cell to 4.16V, I started a test. After 24mins, the LED indicator in the dock went green and the charged voltage was 4.24V. Like the first charging test, there was a small current 0.01A. I checked the voltage after 1 hr, 2hrs, 24hrs. As shown above, the voltage dropped from 4.24V to 4.21V. I think the charging dock does not seem to charge the 18650 after full charge. But I don't know whether the charging dock will charge the cell again or not, in case the voltage of the cell drop to a certain level.
Standby Current Drain

Due to the electronic switch design, the S30R II is drawing a small current when the batteries are installed and the tailcap fully connected. I measured this current as 14.4μA. considering a 18650 (2600mAh), that would translate into around 20 years before they would be fully depleted. This is not a concern. But I would recommend you store the light locked-out when not in use for a long period.

From left to right, Olight 18650 (3600mAh) protected, Olight S20, Xeno S3A v1, Olight S30R II, Eagletac D25LC2, Fenix PD35 TAC.

From left to right, Olight 18650 (3600mAh) protected, Olight S20, Olight S30R II, Eagletac D25LC2, Fenix PD35 TAC.
Measured Dimensions

It is good size to hold and use. It can be used as an EDC light. The entire light's compactl & cylindrical design makes it feel comfortable when held in hand. The wall thickness of the body is reasonably thick (2.1mm), and the light feel solid. Overall build quality is very high.
PWM

The light shows no sign of PWM at all output levels. I notice there is no buzzing sound at any levels.
Runtime

The runtime to fall to 10% of its initial output from 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on (i.e., based on ANSI FL-1) for High is as above graph.
S30R II continues to have a defined step-down on Turbo on all batteries (after 3 mins of continuous runtime). The light steps down gradually, taking about 3 mins to level off at the lower Turbo level (i.e., higher output than High). This means you are unlikely to notice the step-down on the light. This is a timed step-down feature (i.e., not a thermally step-down). Note that you can restore initial max. output by a double quick click again. After 6 mins, the light enters a period of flat regulation. As expected, bundled Olight 18650 (3600mAh) gives you both longer runtime and gradual output decrease at the end.

The light on High maintains perfectly flat regulation for an extended period, before dropping off in output. Again, bundled Olight 18650 (3600mAh) gives you both longer runtime and gradual output decrease at the end.

This is the runtime graph showing Turbo, High. Output-runtime efficiency seems excellent, as expect for a current-controlled light.

The light is a heavily driven light for this class. Compared to the other 1x18650 class light, the S30R II shows the excellent efficiency and output similar to Fenix PD35 TAC.
Beamshot
1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door) on max. output on 1x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cell
- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/25sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/100sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/800sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/2000sec, Auto white balance

The medium sized hotspot is well focused and its tint is slightly towards the pure white hue on my sample. A soft corona surrounding the bright hotspot is slightly yellow. The spill beam width looks almost the same as the PD35 TAC and clean with no noticeable artifacts. The overall beam profile is good. The overall beam tint is a typical cool tint.
2. 7.0m Indoor Beamshot on max. output on 1x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cell
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1/10sec, Auto white balance

The spill beam width is slightly narrower than PD35 TAC at this distance.
3. 55m Outdoor Beamshot on max. output on 1x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cell
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

4. 60~65m Outdoor Beamshot on max. output on 1x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cell
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

Beam pattern is good. The S30R II has resonable throw for the class, given the size of the head and reflector.

This is a Moonlight mode showing a very nice lower low output level.
Overall Impressions

• Build quality is very high
• The light can stably tailstand
• Anti-roll indentations on the body
• There's a possibility of accidental activation from off, due to the slightly protruded switch
• Small standby current drain (14.4uA) is inevitable, but not a concern
• Physical lockout function at the taicap
• Physical reverse polarity protection function
• True flat-top or wide button-top batteries will not work
• Mode memory for all output levels except Strobe
• Charging a bundled Olight 18650 (3600mAh) in the light seems good, fast and safe
• You can use 1x18650 or 2xCR123A (or 2xRCR123A)
• Only bundled Olight 18650 cell can be charged in the light
• Timed step-down feature on Turbo
• Output-runtime efficiency is excellent
• Max. output (Turbo) is very high
• True Moonlight mode is available
• Low battery warning indication function (i.e., the red LED below the side switch will light up)
• No sign of PWM flickers at any output modes
• Beam pattern is good
• Overall beam tint is cool white

Olight S30R II provided by Olight for review.

[Исправлено: candle lamp, 05.08.2015 в 05:24] Причина: Corection of TYPO
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
ko54 (04.08.2015), Linx (04.08.2015), nomorewar (04.08.2015), nurlanchm (05.08.2015), Terminus (04.08.2015), The Chief (04.08.2015)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU