Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Изображения Дневники Группы Поиск
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 1682   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 05.09.2014, 10:35 Автор темы   1
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 20.04.2024 19:30

По умолчанию IMALENT EU06 review (900 lm spot XM-L2 U2 + 290 lm XP-G2 R5 flood,

Greeting All,
This review will be dedicated to a very interesting and special flashlight from Imalent company.

So, whats so special about it?

1. The flashlight has touch-screen for controlling different modes of operation and brightness.
2. The flashlight has 3 LEDs that have completely different roles of illumination. XM-L2 U2 in the big reflector is used for throw. XP-G2 R5 is used for neutral white light, and red XP-E P2 (I suppose) is being used for floody red light.
3. The brightness can be changed in all modes, including strobe, SOS, signal mode.

In each time only one lightning option is available.

Let's get started

The flashlight arrives in a small carton box. It does not look or feel cheap at all. The box can be resealed if you did not like the flashlight ....

The flashlight comes with a very decent holster (very much like the one that comes with Nitecore flashlights), spare o-rings, manual and warranty card. If you wonder where is the lanyard - it does not arrive with the flashlight, there is no lanyard hole on the flashlight.

O-rings, holster - all looks good.

Here it is. Looks very different from what we got used to, somewhat reminds me of a flare. It feels good to hold. When operating - all the flashlight body is evenly heated.

The flashlight has a hole that is supposed to be used for mounting it on a tripod. The flashlight can be used in candle-mode but it is not too stable, because of the small area of the "base". The bezel is made from some kind of matte aluminum as well parts of the tailcap, the buttons and the little windows of the little reflectors.
Each side of the flashlight has a different function - one has the LCD (the touch itself is of a resistive type, not like in a modern smartphones so it can be operated when wet), left of it is the floody white, left of it the operation buttons and last the floody red light.

The quality is excellent, there is no classical knurling. The body looks somewhat like body of the recent SRmini. There are small and even horizontal lines all over the flashlight. The threads are square cut and anodized, so a quarter turn can be used to prevent accidental activation.

The lens is toughened, and with some clear coating. I could not find any dirt/fingerprints under the lens. The LED was just a bit off-centered, it did not affect the beam pattern and did not cause artifacts. The flashlight has a throw like Olight M22, more or less. The floody side XP-G2 R5 has a much warmer and more pleasant ting without any hint of a hotspot. The red is .. just red.
Unfortunately I cannot make outdoor beamshots now, I will try adding them later.

The positive contact with the cell is made via spring in the head of the flashlight, it allows to use unprotected flat-headed cells.
The LCD is lit evenly in real-life. Every line is a brightness setting, and even strobe ans "sos" brightness setting can be adjusted.

Inside the battery tube there is a big spring, also with some kind of coating. We can see a different modes and screen settings.

These are the little windows that hold the "floody" LEDs. There are no conventional reflectors inside - the light is pure flood.

The flashlight accompanied by some other popular flashlights.

Some numbers (lux in hotspot in a distance of a meter)

Very good for a start.

Controls

The bottom button turns the light on and off. The flashlight has brightness and mode memory - it will be turned on in the same brightness and the same reflector will be used as was used when the flashlight was turned off. The memory does not work for the special strobe modes - like in most other flashlights. For enabling the strobe modes you need to hold the "M" button for about half a second. The flashlight switches to strobe mode, another press and hold switches to SOS mode and to signalling mode. The special modes work only with the big - main reflector.
A short click on the "M" button toggles the LCD screen.
A press and hold of the "MODE" button on the LCD switches active LED in use. The cycle is main->red->flood white->main. Each can have it's own brightness setting, that is being remembered when switching modes.
The flashlight has time based step-down. After some times the brighness is reduced, and you see that some bars have dropped from the screen. You can instantly turn the light brighter again.

PWM/Noise

No pwm and no noise, on any mode on any setting.

Some issues that I encountered.

When I was using the flashlight I noticed that the buttons can be rotated. So using only my finger I could disassemble them.

Under the buttons I discovered the PCB and switches. I did not think such flashlight should be put under water, as water and electricity are not friends. I contacted IMALENT and got an answer that there is no current on the switches, and it was tested under water and I have nothing to worry about. I can tell that I will not submerge it.

It should be a standard tripod hole. But it is not - I could not mount it - it is too small. I contacted Imalent and they told me that they will fix the problem.

Conclusions

Not all smooth, at all. But the flashlight is a unique 3-in one solution. It performs very well, does what it is supposed to do. Personally I am using and will keep on using this flashlight - from all the different flashlights that I own just because the versatility and the quality of the floody light.

I would like to thank IMALENT for providing the sample for review.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. If you have any questions/suggestions I will be happy to hear and assist. My English is far from being perfect, so... sorry for the typos.

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU