Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 1837   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 21.04.2015, 12:10 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 21.04.2015 12:00

По умолчанию ReviewTheLight: Fenix PD22UE (Now accepting 16340's)

my reviews on facebook!
Don't forget to click "Like" after the page loads!

to my YouTube channel!

Fenix is one of the leading names in high-end flashlights, making lights of all shapes and sizes. Now, they've taken one of their popular compact models, the PD22, and upgraded it to a new emitter for higher outputs, and also added functionality to accept 16340 sized lithium ion batteries, in addition to lithium CR123's. Presenting, the PD22UE:

Thanks to Fenix for providing the PD22UE for review.

I’ll be reviewing the PD22UE in two sections: first, I’ll discuss the light objectively (the facts about the light itself), then I’ll discuss the light subjectively (my impressions about the light's performance when used for specific applications). If you have any other specific applications you'd like the light tested for, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Video Review

Below is a video review of the PD22UE. Due to my old image hosting site closing down, I've got new restrictions on image uploads and have replaced the "Construction" section of my reviews with a more detailed video review.

Прямая ссылка на видео YouTube

This video is available in 1080p HD, but defaults to a lower quality. To select the playback quality click the settings button (looks like a gear) after you've started the video.

Objective

Manufacturer's Specifications

Price: 52 USD

Plus, here's a few shots with some good detail.

User Interface

See video for description of interface.

Action Shots

You can click on any of these shots to see them full size.

Light in Hand

MugShot

BeamSlice

White Wall
ISO 100, f/3.5, 1/20"

Indoor Shots
ISO 100, f/3.5, 1"

Outdoor Shots

ISO 100, f/3.5, 2.5"
Without Diffuser
With Diffuser

Performance

Submersion: I submersed the PD22UE under a foot of water for about an hour, clicking the switch several times. I found no evidence of water entering or damaging the light.

Heat: The PD22UE drops in output a few minutes after being turned on, so there is no significant heat buildup.

PWM:

Drop: I dropped the PD22UE from about a meter onto various surfaces (including grass, carpet, dirt, and hard wood), and found no cosmetic or functional damage.

Reverse Polarity Protection: Fenix claims the PD22UE to have reverse polarity protection, and I found pressing the buttons with the battery reversed to cause no damage.

Over-Discharge Protection: The PD22UE drops significantly in brightness before the battery is fully discharged.

Spectral Analysis

All light that we see as white is actually made up of several different colors put together. The relative intensities of the different colors in the mix are what determine the tint of the white we see. For example, cool white LED's have a lot of blue, and warm white LED's have more red or yellow. This measurement was done on a home made spectrometer. The plot below the picture is corrected for the spectral sensitivity of the human eye. Note: the peak in the 900nm region doesn't really exist, it's a piece of the second-order spectrum that's showing up here because of the high intensity of the light source.

Output and Runtime

ANSI FL-1 runtime ratings are the time it takes for a light to fall to 10% of it's original output (counting from 30 seconds after turning the light on).

The vertical axis of the graphs below represents a relative brightness measurement using a home made light box. The horizontal axis is time in hours:minutes:seconds. Runtimes are stated in hours:minutes:seconds. These graphs may be truncated to show detail.

Mode Comparison

Turbo

High

Medium

Throwing Distance

ANSI FL-1 standard for stating a light's throwing distance is the distance at which the peak beam intensity (usually at the center of the beam) is 0.25 lux. I calculate throwing distance and candela (lux at 1 meter) by measuring peak beam intensity at five different distances and using the formula lux*distance^2=constant.

Coming Soon…
Note: A calibration factor of ~6.88% has been added into my throw measurements starting on 9.11.14. To compare the throw of a light I reviewed previous to that date, multiply the candela value by 1.0688 to get the corrected value.

Subjective Review

Quick break down:

+

-

Coming soon...

Long Term Impressions
I'll fill this part in after carrying the light for a while. If nothing get's added here, either I find nothing else worth noting about the light, or I end up not using it often.
Bigmac_79 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU