Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 3671   Ответов в теме 2   Подписчиков на тему 1   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 07.01.2016, 14:34 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

Smile Olight i3E EOS 6 Colors (Luxeon TX, 1xAAA) Review

I remember Olight produced their i3 EOS of i-series lights under their own name in 2011. They released the i3S EOS after that. The I3E EOS is the latest 1xAAA keychain light. Six colors (Black, Green, Purple, Blue, Red, Silver) are available for this model.

Packaging is a small card with features & specifications printed on the front and back. Included in the blister pack is the light with a small split-ring (attached) and GreenMax AAA alkaline battery.
Manufacturer Specifications from user manual :
• Using a high performance Philips LUXEON TX LED which has a lifespan of 60,000 hours
• Paired with high quality PMMA TIR lens delivering a homogeneous beam
• Maximum output of 90 lumens (colors), 120 lumens (silver only)
• Powered by a single AAA Alkaline battery
• Aircraft-grade aluminum body with anti-scratch Milspec type-III anodizing (colors)
• Easily connects to a keychain or lanyard through a key ring on the lights tail cap
• Available in bight silver, black, red, blue, green and purple
• Waterproof IPX8
• Head diameter×Length : 0.55in×2.38in

The green color was chosen as a sample for review. The finish is good with no flaws on my sample. There is no knurling. Instead, the light has grooves along the length of the head and body tube. The light has no tail switch (i.e., twisty-style light). On-Off switching single-handed is not easy. The lettering is clear and sharp on my sample.

The light has 2 parts. The pocket clip is not supplied, but there is a groove-looking clip attachment part at the end of the body.

The head has a clean looking cylindrical design with grooves. There is a circuit board in the head. The light has no reverse polarity protection function to protect from incorrect battery installation (i.e., you should be careful when inserting battery into the body tube).

The light comes with a PMMA (Poly Methyl MethAcrylate or Acrylic Glass ) TIR lens and uses a Philips Luxeon TX emitter. Centering is not perfect on my sample, but acceptable (i.e., it doesn't influence the beam quality in real life).

There are grooves along the length of the head and body tube. Grip is not as grippy as actual knurling would be. I hope OLight could supply the pocket clip, as it not only does help with grip, but also serves as an anti-roll device. There's nothing to stop rolling. If you use the light with a key, you don't need to worry about that, of course. The wall thickness of the body is 0.9mm, it is not so thick for the class.

The screw threads are square-cut of good quality. It seems threads were not well lubricated. But, screw threads action is smooth with no cross-threading or squeaking on my sample.

The i3E EOS has a built-in split-ring attachment point on the tail end, and come with an included split-ring, which means it prevent tailstanding. The light has a simple spring at the bottom of the body tube that can be manually removed.
User Interface

The UI is quite simple, as the light is a single-stage light.
Twist the head tight against the body to activate the light, loosen to turn off.

There is no strobe or SOS mode.

From left to right, Panasonic Eneloop AAA (750mAh), Olight i3E EOS (LUXEON TX), Fenix E99 Ti (XP-E2), Ultratac K18 (XP-G2 S2), Skillhunt Ramble-I (XP-E R2). Lumintop Tool AAA Copper (Nichia 219B).

From left to right, Olight i3E EOS (LUXEON TX), Fenix E99 Ti (XP-E2), Ultratac K18 (XP-G2 S2), Lumintop Tool AAA Copper (Nichia 219B).
Measured Dimensions

The i3E EOS is quite compact in size for the class. It's fairly good size for keychain light. Overall build quality is very high.
PWM

The light shows no sign of PWM. I notice there is no buzzing sound.
Runtime

The runtime to fall to 10% of its initial output from 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on (i.e., based on ANSI FL-1) for Max. is as follows :

The light on Eneloops maintains perfectly flat regulation for an extended period, followed by a dropping off. As expected, Eneloop AAA (900mAh) gives you the longest runtime. Note that 10440 li-ion is not officially supported.
Alkaline AAAs show also a excellent regulation before dropping off.

Overall output-runtime efficiency seems very good, as expect for a current-controlled light.
Beamshot

1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door) on max. output on 1xPanasonic Eneloop AAA (750mAh)
- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/25sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/100sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/800sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/2000sec, Auto white balance

Thanks to TIR optics, beam pattern is the focused hot spot for throw with minimal side spill (i.e., not flood light). The light shows reasonably good beam quality. The overall tint is slightly close to cool white.
2. 3.5m Indoor Beamshot on max. output on 1xPanasonic Eneloop AAA (750mAh)
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1/10sec, Auto white balance

The above picture make it look like all lights are not brighter than they actually are. So I took a picture with 1/5sec as below.
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1/5sec, Auto white balance

3. 4m Indoor Beamshot on max. output on 1xPanasonic Eneloop AAA (750mAh)

The above picture make it look like all lights are not brighter than they actually are. So I took a picture with 1/5sec as below.
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1/5sec, Auto white balance

4. 7.0m Indoor Beamshot on max. output on 1xPanasonic Eneloop AAA (750mAh)

Overall Impressions

• Very high build quality
• Fairly compact for this class of light (very good for a keychain light)
• No anti-roll indentations on the body
• Physical lockout function (i.e.,head)
• No reverse polarity protection function
• 10440 Li-ion is not supported
• No pocket clip is included
• Only one output mode
• No flickering due to PWM and no buzzing sound (i.e., current-controlled circuit)
• Output-runtime efficiency seems very good
• Beam pattern is the focused hot spot with minimal spill
• Overall beam tint is slightly close to cool white

Olight i3E EOS provided by Olight for review.
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
awl (21.02.2016), Human (12.01.2016), NazarSunrise (08.01.2016), Tatamovich (08.01.2016), Андрей Светлов (08.01.2016)
Старый 07.01.2016, 14:56   2
blindnick
Jagd Beutelratte

Последняя активность: 15.08.2019 17:54

По умолчанию Re: Olight i3E EOS 6 Colors (Luxeon TX, 1xAAA) Review

where images? only photobucket spam
Старый 08.01.2016, 14:19 Автор темы   3
candle lamp
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

По умолчанию Re: Olight i3E EOS 6 Colors (Luxeon TX, 1xAAA) Review

Цитата: