Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 4218   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 1   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 07.11.2013, 04:24 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

Wink2 Fenix TK51 [ XM-L2 U2, 3x18650 or 6x(R)CR123A ] Review

Reviewer's note : The Fenix TK51 trial sample was provided for review by Fenix. Fenix sent a number of these samples out to other testers to review as well.

The TK51 is a 3x18650 or 6x(R)CR123A model has several additional features, including dual LEDs and individually controlled spot and flood beam.
The trial sample sent to me came with user manual only. I don't know what final packaging will look like. I would expect the regular set of Fenix extras on the shipping version.
Manufacturer Specifications from user manual :

Notice : The above mentioned parameters (lab-tested by Fenix using ARB-L2 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery) are approximate and may vary between flashlights, batteries, and environments.

• Utilizes two Cree XM-L 2 (U2) LEDs with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
• Uses three 18650 rechargeable Li-ion batteries
• 188mm (Length) x 48mm (Diameter)
• 430-gram weight (excluding the battery)
• Digitally regulated output with low-voltage indicator
• Reverse polarity protection guards against improper battery installation
• three button interface for fast and convenient operation
• Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
• Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
• Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating

The styling of the TK51 is distinctive. There is a small head attached to the large one. The hard (type III) anodizing is a matt black, with no chips or damage on my sample. There are identification labels on the head only. The lettering is clear and white gainst the black background. The manufacturer, model name and global testing campaign are at the bottom of the head. The hot warning mark and serial number is at the upper part of the head.

The light has 3 parts (i.e. head, battery tube, and tailcap). There is a battery carrier in the tube.

The light has an waterproof o-ring between the bezel ring and reflector There is an AR coating lens, and the purple hue is reflected on it.
The TK51 uses two cool white XM-L2 U2 emitters, each emitter is well centered in their own small and large smooth reflector well. There are two or three tiny bubbles around reflectors, but do not affect the beam quality in the real world. The wells do not overlap. The small reflector is very shallow, but large one is somewhat deep. So I would expect the wide spill and the good throw of beam.

There are individual cooling fins for small and large head. The TK51 uses electronic switches in the head to control on-off, and mode switching. These are located right below the head. The upper left and right switch control on-off, output selection and instant strobe activation for flood and spot LED respectively (i.e., the left switch and the right switch control flood and spot LED respectively). The lower power switch controls flood & spot LED on-off, instant turbo output activation.
The switching travel is a bit shorter than Fenix TK75 with average resistance, and provides audible click when engaged. The head base of the light has a positive contact point to contact with the positive contact of the battery carrier. The two negative contact points on the head are located on either side of the central positive contact. All contacts are spring loaded structure. There are positive contact point & negative contact rim on the top of the carrier.

The light uses a plastic battery carrier that holds 3x18650's or 6x(R)CR123A's which are arranged in 3P or 2S3P respectively. Just like the TK75, it is sturdy and well-made.
The positive contact plate is significantly raised, and the negative contact spring has very good elasticity, thanks to the twin springs (i.e., there are long & short springs on the negative contact). So all types (i.e., true flat-tops, wide and small button-tops) of 18650's work fine. My protected high capacity 18650 (2600~3100mAh) cells almost fit. But longer cells may be somewhat tight (i.e., my longer small button top protected 18650's are a very tight fit), because the twin negative springs has a big elasticity and the distance between the both contacts is slightly shorter than TK75. The battery carrier isn't reversible because it has positive and negative connection terminals on the one side only (i.e., the current is carried through the battery carrier). You don't worry about inserting the 18650's into the battery carrier in the wrong polarity. There's a reverse polarity protection from improper battery installation.
The positive contact point is very nicely fillet curved, so doesn't seem it may catch on the wrapper on the flat cells when removing them. There is haunched part outside the positive contact point will help to remove the batteries from the carrier. The carrier and contact design is about the same as the TK75.

You can see the fully loaded battery carrier with unprotected & protected cells. I don't have any issue to insert my shortest & long 18650 cells into the carrier. But note that the longer cells will have difficulty when inserting into or removing from the battery carrier. It introduces no rattle even when I shake the light laterally when it's fully loaded with 18650's unprotected in my sample. Note that 1, 2, 3x18650's as well as 2, 4, 6x(R)CR123A can be used in the light. Fenix, however, don't recommend RCR123A's.

The battery tube continues the cylindrical shape. The overall checkered pattern of the handle has large segments which also have a large number of tiny concentric ring ridges running along. This pattern gives a good grip. Tube wall is thick (2.4mm).

Screw threads at the head & tail side are square & trapezoidal cut respectively, and seem high quality. Both male & female threads on the head, battery tube, and tailcap are fully anodized, but it doesn't really matter since the current is carried though the battery carrier only. However lock-out is still possible if you unscrew the tailcap or head one full turn or more when not in use. They are smooth with no cross-threading or squeaking on my sample.

There are two holes at the rear end of the tailcap for lanyard attachment.

The light can tailstand stably.

From left to right, VicLite 18650 protected, Supbeam K40, Fenix TK51, Fenix TK75, Fenix TK50, Duracell D cell.

The head size & body weight excluding battery of the above lights are as follows :
DT-20 : 72.8x36.7mm / 271g, TK51 : 70.5x58.1mm / 477g, TK75 : 87.9mm / 506g, TK50 : 60.1mm / 286g

The gripability is good. The build feels solid, and handling including balance of the light is good. The overall build quality is excellent.
Measured Dimensions & Weight

User Interface

There are two modes (i.e., general mode & strobe mode).
Click the left switch or right switch to turn the flood or spot light on. Click the lower power switch to the light off.

1) General mode
The general (or constant) output mode is the default setting when you turn the light on. Click the left switch or right switch to cycle through Low –> Med. –> High –> Turbo -> Off (Standby), in a repeating cycle. The light has output level memory, and remembers the last output level used when you turn the light off and back on by using the power switch, even after a battery change.

Pressing and holding the power switch for one second at any mode will activate turbo output until the switch is released. Releasing the power switch will return to the previous output level in general mode.

2) Strobe mode
The “hidden” Strobe is accessed by pressing and holding the left or right switch for one second at any mode until the switch is released. Releasing the switch will return to the previous output level in general mode. The strobe has no memory.

You can use the various beam patterns and brightness, combining the spot beam and the flood beam. It's remarkably similar to the Fenix HP25.
Standby Current Drain

Due to the electronic switches, the light has a small current when the battier carrier is loaded with cells and in contact to the head. I measured this current as 34.5μA with 3xVicLite 18650 (2600mAh) cells. Since the cells are arranged in 3P for 3x18650's, that would translate into around 25.8 years before the cells would be fully drained. This is quite negligible. If you want to break this current, store the light locked-out by loosening the head or tailcap or remove the battery carrier from the battery tube when not in use.
PWM
1. Flood Beam

2. Spot Beam

The light shows no sign of PWM at any output levels. I think the light is actually current-controlled as claimed. I notice there is no buzzing sound at all output levels.
Runtime

1. Two LEds
1) Turbo output for spot & flood - with cooling fan

The TK51 steps down on Turbo to High after about 5 mins runtime. According to the manual, this is a thermal drop-down for over-heating protection and considering the battery depletion, not a timed drop-down. In spite of the continuous fan cooling, there was actually the rapid dropping down from Turbo to High output level than I expected it to be. The manual describes that "when overheating is detected, the TK51 automatically drops down into the High brightness level. Turbo function is restored once the temperature drops to a safer level."
Also the runtime on Turbo in the manual is 1hr 45min, but this is the accumulated runtime on Turbo. I will check this by over-riding the step-down by cycling back to Turbo later.

I tried to restart Turbo after drop-down to High.
After about 6.5mins into the run, the light had an automatic step-down to High. After 3.5 mins running on High, I reactivated on Turbo, and saw 2.5 minutes of running Turbo before the light stepped-down again. After several mins of running High, I reactivated on Turbo. [Edit 13.11.01] But there was no more step-down to High again from 20 mins run in total. From 20 mins run with continuous cooling fan, the TK51 dropped down in output gradually as the cells neared exhaustion. [Edit 13.11.01]
2) High output for spot & flood - with cooling fan

Runtime performance is very good and flat regulation is evident on High. The TK51 gradually dropped down to a very low output, instead of completely shutting off when the battery is very low.
3) Accumulated Turbo output for spot & flood - with cooling fan

I used two different 18650's (i.e., Panasonic CGR18650CH, LG ABD11865) to restart Turbo repeatedly. As you know, CGR18650CH (2250mAh) has a discharging current more than 10A. The max. charging voltage of the LG ABD11865 (3000mAh) is 4.35v for full capacity. But charged it 4.2v for runtime test, so the capacity is about 2700mAh reduced with about 300mAh.
You will see the cycling between Turbo and High once the thermal sensor cut-in around 10.5~ 24mins and 10.5~29.5mins in the run for CGR and LG 18650 respectively. I reactivated Turbo after every automatic thermal step-down to High several times (more than 10 times). FenIx's ANSI FL-1 runtime values on Turbo seem to be fairly under-estimating the runtime. I guess they removed the thermal (or temperature) sensor for runtime test.
I guess that runtimes on Turbo in the above graph would have been shorter, if my test sample had not a lot of repeatedly cycled back-and-forth intervals from Turbo to High.
As an aside, you can see the discharging characteristics of the different chemistry of the two batteries.
The runtime accumulated Turbo on LG and CGR are 2hr 49min and 2hr 38min respectively in my test. I found each thermal sensor for spot and flood responds independently for temperature increase in the light. The above graph tells it (i.e., both LEDs step-down or only one of two LEDs steps-down for running on Turbo).
4) Turbo output for spot & flood - with cooling fan & no cooling fan

The sampling time of my lightmeter for the above 1.~3. was 30 seconds. So I changed the sampling time to 10 seconds to see more precise stepping-down time in cooling fan and no cooling fan. I found that the light in case of applying cooling fan dropped-down to High after 6.4mins run, and it did drop-down in case of no cooling fan after 5.5mins run.
5) Turbo output for spot & flood - without cooling fan

I measured with thermal probes attached to three points of the light for the no cooling run. The room temp. was about 24.6 degrees, and window was ajar on the test room. The resting temp. for TK51 was 26.3 degrees. You can see the three points on the light where the thermal probes were set in pace as illustrated above.

Note that left y-axis is the relative output. The blue, cyan and green lines represent surface temperatures of the light in degrees centigrade (celsius) should be read off the right y-axis.
The temperature continued to rapidly rise in the course of the Turbo output run, reaching a max. 44.7degrees at the point #3. Also the temp. decreases slowly after stepping-down to High. As you can see the measured temperature, the light got hot.
2. One LED
1) Turbo output for flood only - with cooling fan

There is a period of flat regulation for about 30 minutes, before gradually dropping down in a typical direct drive like pattern. You can compare this to two LEDs.
The runtime graph shape of Flood on Turbo is similar to that of two LEDs on High. Guess the runtime performance for Spot will be the same as Flood too.
2) Turbo output for flood only - with cooling fan & no cooling fan

I found that the light in case of applying cooling fan had no dropp-down to High in a total run, and it did drop-down in case of no cooling fan after 27mins run.

I measured with thermal probes attached to three points of the light in case of the Flood activation only, because the flood has a smaller head than Spot. The room temp. was about 26.1 degrees, and window was ajar on the test room. The resting temp. for TK51 was 25.8 degrees.
Note that left y-axis is the relative output. The blue, cyan and green lines represent surface temperatures of the light in degrees centigrade (celsius) should be read off the right y-axis.
The temperature continued to rapidly rise in the course of the Turbo output run, reaching a max. 46.8 degrees at the point #3. Also the temp. decreases quickly after each stepping-down to High. I applied the cooling fan during 50~65 mins, and you can see the temperatures in all three points decrease during that time. Note that my cooling regimen above was much milder than other normal cooling. There was no more step-down to High again from 51 mins run in total. From 51 mins run, the TK51 dropped down in output gradually as the cells neared exhaustion.
Beamshot

1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door) on Max. output
- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/500sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/800sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/10.0, 1/1250sec, Auto white balance

The overall beam profile is clean without noticeable flaws. You can see an intensely small hot spot of the spot beam and relatively pale medium hot spot of the flood beam. The spill beam width in total is pretty wide.
2. Indoor beamshot (about 7.0m from the target) on Max. output
- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/6sec, Auto white balance

3. 19m Outdoor Beamshot on Max. output
- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/8sec, Auto white balance

4. 55m Outdoor Beamshot on Max. output
- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/8sec, Auto white balance

5. 60~65m Outdoor Beamshot on Max. output
- ISO100, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

6. 140m Outdoor Beamshot on Max. output

7. 150m Outdoor Beamshot on Max. output

It's very good that dual LEDs are controlled independently, so you will have whatever combination of spot beam and flood beam that you need. Depending on user's environment conditions, you can use spot beam or flood beam only, or a combination of both beams. I found a very smooth transition between the spot and the spill beam. The flood beam gives a nice indoor beam and is suitable for short-middle distance in an outdoor area.

[Исправлено: candle lamp, 07.11.2013 в 04:29]
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Goldin (07.11.2013), Hemi (07.11.2013), Khorlik (08.11.2013), LEV-UA (07.11.2013), Linx (07.11.2013), niki2000 (07.11.2013), nurlanchm (07.11.2013), selenopolis (07.11.2013), shruzzzz (07.11.2013), Yurik (07.11.2013)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU