Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 6870   Ответов в теме 2   Подписчиков на тему 1   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 23.08.2013, 07:46 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

По умолчанию Nitecore SRT7 'Revenger' [ XM-L2 T6, 1x18650, 2x(R)CR123A ] Review

Reviewer's note : Nitecore SRT7 was supplied by Nitecore for review.

The 1x18650/2x(R)CR123A based SRT7 Revenger is one of the SRT (Smart Ring Technical) series launched by Nitecore. It is very similar in size and shape to P25 by Nitecore.

The SRT7 come in basic packaging, similar to MH25. Included with the light is holster, clip, tactical ring, spare tailcap button, spare O‐rings, manual, warranty card and SILICA GEL.
(The manual is available for download on Nitecore website.)
Manufacturer Specifications from user manual :

• Purpose-designed for law enforcement, hunting and tactical applications.
• The world’s first line of flashlights to feature third generation SSR (smart selector ring) technology
• Smoothly and rapidly select brightness levels and function by rotating a smart selector ring
• Utilizes the latest CREE XM-L (XM-L2 T6) LED for a maximum output of up to 960 lumens
• Second generation of ‘Crystal Coating Technology’ along with ‘Precision Digital Optics Technology’ provide extreme reflector performance
• Boasts a peak beam intensity of 23,256cd and a throw distance of up to 308 meters (ANSI FL1)
• High efficiency circuit board provides up to 200 hours runtime on lowest output level
• Equipped with unique multi-colored (red, green and blue) tactical / signaling lights
• Infinite brightness adjustment from 0 to 960 lumens
• Six rapidly switchable functions to select from
• Multi-functional power indicator light displays low battery status
• Patented spring-loaded impact absorption mechanism with reverse polarity protection
• Stainless steel titanium-plated two-way clip
• Stainless steel retaining ring protects core components from damage
• Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
• Constructed from aero grade aluminum alloy
• Robust HAIII military grade hard-anodized
• Waterproof in accordance with IPX-8 (two meters submersible)
• Impact resistant to 1.5 meters
• Tail stand capability
• Length : 158mm
• Head diameter : 40 mm
• Tube diameter : 25.4mm
• Weight : 173g (without battery)

The hard (type III) anodizing is glossy black and consistent throughout with no chips on its surface. Anodizing is very good on my sample. All labels are sharp, clear, and bright white against the background. Knurling is present over control ring, body (i.e., battery tube), and there is a band of knurling on tailcap.

The light has 3 parts (i.e. head, body, and tailcap).

The light has the quite same flat stainless steel bezel ring as P25. The head has nice looking scallops machined around the front area, and these also serve as an anti-roll feature. There is magnetic control ring for selecting output levels on the head. There is a spring loaded positive contact point in the head. The light has mechanical reverse polarity protection to protect from improper battery installation. So I did think that neither true flat-top 18650 cells nor large button-top 18650 cells will work in the light, due to a raised plastic ring around the positive contact point in the head.

However, my LG & Panasonic flat-top 18650 unprotected cells work fine unexpectedly. But NLTEK protected cells don't work as expected, due to a large button-top. All of my small button-top cells work fine. The left is P25, the right SRT7. I couldn't find the difference in the positive contacts between the lights.

The light uses AR coating lens and the purple hue is reflected on it. The aluminum reflector has a smooth pattern. Surface finish on the reflector was perfect from visual inspection, with very fine radial machining lines running down the reflector cup, and well-centered XM-L2 T6 emitter sits at the bottom of the reflector cup. The one of the distinctive aspects of the light is multicolor LEDs. Note there are other small three wells and RGB colored LEDs. These wells are very nicely cut-out and each cut-out has a RGB LED. They're making the reflector very well. The SRT7 uses quite the same sized stainless steel bezel ring. The RGB color options without filters is nice. Note that all colors don't have brightness change available (i.e., you can't use any of the RGB colors in various output levels).

The anther distinctive aspect of the light is a magnetic control ring in the head and continuously infinite variable interface. Output or mode switching is controlled by the control ring. There are totally eight detents. Each mode is set in a detent of the ring. The control ring has good detents and works well (i.e., you can easily distinguish the various modes by clear & firm detents). There is no label on the control ring to indicate where you are. There is a small indicator, using a red LED to signal the state of the light (i.e., battery power status and standby-off mode). The red LED indicator will blink once every two seconds when the light is in Standby mode. It will also blink rapidly during operation to let you know when the batteries power is low, depending on output levels (i.e., it will not blink rapidly at Lower output level, while blinking at more than Med. output).

The body has a cylindrical tube design and accommodates both 2x(R)CR123A's or 1x18650 cells easily. The battery tube has a notch on the both ends where the removable clip to be attached.

Threads on both ends are well machined, with the those on the rear end being anodized which allows the light to be locked-out when the tail cap is slightly loosened.
Threads on either ends on the battery tube mate well with the head and tailcap with no issues of cross-threading or grinding. The screws threads on the front are square-cut and those on the rear are traditional triangular-cut.

The wall thickness (~3.2mm) of the battery tube is thick, and the light feel solid.

The tailcap switch is a forward clicky. The rubber switch cap is recessed within the tail end. The switch has nice stiff tension with average travel and tactile clicking feedback. The feel of clicky is almost the same as P25. There are also a couple of wide loops for wrist lanyard attachments.

The removable grip ring help with holding the light in a cigar style grip and also serves as an anti-roll feature. The grip ring can be fixed on the battery tube securely by screwing the tailcap, and removed without removing the O-ring on the body.
User Interface

Turn on-off by the tailcap forward clicky switch (press-on for momentary, click for locked on).
On-off is controlled by the tailcap switch and output mode switching is controlled by the control ring on the head.

With the tail switch on, there are eight options available on the control ring. As mentioned earlier, there are firm detents at each mode.

The eight control ring modes are Beacon -> Blue/Red Strobe (Police Strobe) -> constant Blue -> constant Green -> constant Red -> Standby (Off) -> white infinite variable output (Min. ~ Max.) -> white Strobe, arranged clockwise if you have the light in hand pointed away from you. The total traverse of the ring is 300 degree of the light, and you can switch back and forth with ease one-handed. Note that the traverse between Min. and Max. output range is about 140 degree.
Standby Current Drain

Due to the magnetic control ring, there is going to be a standby current drain when the light is in the Standby mode. I measured this current as 3.3mA with periodic jumps every 2 seconds of up to 3.9mA for a fraction of a second, when the red LED indicator flash occurred. Assuming an average current of 3.6mA, and considering one 2600mAh capacity battery, that would give you around one month before one fully charged battery would be completely drained. This is quite high standby current, but you can break this current completely by turning the light off using the tailcap switch or by slightly loosening the tailcap a little for lock-out, thanks to the anodized threads, when not in use.

Technically, the light can tailstand, but it's rather unstable (i.e., wobbly) due to the small area of the tail end relative to the body size.

From left to right, VicLite 18650(2600mAh) protected, Olight M22, Armytek Viking v2.5, Rofis TR31, Nitecore SRT7, Nitecore MH25, Nitecore P25, Crelant 7G6CS.

The head size & body weight excluding battery of the following lights are as follows :
M22 - 41mm / 148g, TR31 - 39.7mm / 165g, SRT7 - 40mm / 174g, Viking v2.5 - 39.4mm / 160g.

It is good size to hold and can be used as an tactical light. Overall grip is fine.
Measured Dimensions & Weight

SRT7 come with a nylon holster with a velcro strap on the head. The light fits in the holster head-up only.

The (R)CR123A & 18650 fit well in the tube. As mentioned earlier, small button-top 18650 cells will work fine. Overall build quality seems excellent.
PWM

The SRT7 shows no sign of PWM at any output level as manufacturer claims. The light is constant current controlled. I notice there is no buzzing sound at any levels.
Relative Max. Output Comparison

The numbers on the above table are not Lumens but Lux, measured at 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on in my home-made integrating box (i.e., those numbers do not directly denote the lumens output comparison). All measured lux values in my integrating box are just converted to relative output percent for each light. You will compare each light's output percent in each column.
Runtime

The runtime to fall to 10% of its initial output from 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on (i.e., based on ANSI FL-1) for Turbo & 70% of Turbo output is as follows :

1. Turbo (Max.) output

Like Nitecore P25, SRT7 has two timed step-down in output of appr. 25% and 40% after 6 minutes & 20 minutes of continuous runtime respectively. The output drops gradually till 6 minutes after turned on, so you rarely notice the output drop by eye. The runtime for 10% output of Trubo for two batteries is as follows :
1) 1xVicLite 18650 : 85 mins. (1hr 25mins.)
2) 2xPanasonic CR123A : 76 mins. (1hr 16mins.)
2. 70% of Turbo (Max.) output

The light shows flat regulation, but keeps no long time as expected with 1x18650 & 2xCR123A's on 70% of Max. output.
The runtime for 10% output for two batteries is as follows :
1) 1xVicLite 18650 : 107 mins. (1hr 47mins.)
2) 2xPanasonic CR123A : 88 mins. (1hr 28mins.)
3. Turbo and 70% of Turbo output

Runtime performance for 1x18650 & 2xCR123A's seems well consistent with the reported Nitecore specifications.
Beamshot

1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door)

1) RGB LED

- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/6sec, Auto white balance

The green and blue beam show a lot of wide cross reflections and weird patterns, while red beam is tighter and a little smoother than the other colors. I think it's because that the RGB LEDs are placed around the periphery of the reflector in a different position slightly (i.e., blue outermost, red middle and green innermost). Interesting there is brightness difference between red and the other colors. The red is dimmer than the other colors. I think these RGB LEDs are for close range use only.
2) White LED

- ISO100, F/4.0, 1/500sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/4.0, 1/1000sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/4.0, 1/1250sec, Auto white balance

Like Nitecore P25, SRT7 has a middle sized bright hot spot. The hotspot is very well focused, perfectly circular with a defined edge. A soft corona surrounds the hotspot which makes the hotspot seems slightly wider than it actually is. The spill beam region is relatively dim compared to the hot spot, but is clean with no artifacts. The beam has a cool side. There's no significant artifacts in the white LED beam in spite of the RGB cut-out wells on my review sample.
2. Indoor beamshot (about 7m from the target)
[New 13.06.17]
- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/5sec, Auto white balance

- M22

- TR31

- SRT7

Viking v2.5

[New 13.06.17]
3. 55m Outdoor Beamshot

- ISO100, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

- Control Shot

- M22

- TR31

- SRT7

- Viking PRO v2.5

4. 60~65m Outdoor Beamshot

- ISO100, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

- Control Shot

- M22

- TR31

- SRT7

- Viking PRO v2.5

[Исправлено: candle lamp, 02.12.2014 в 12:50]
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Tymmmi (09.09.2013)
Старый 28.11.2014, 15:59   2
Night_Fighter
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 12.01.2015 01:34

По умолчанию Re: Nitecore SRT7 'Revenger' [ XM-L2 T6, 1x18650, 2x(R)CR123A ] Review

Very detailed and nice!
Night_Fighter вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 28.11.2014, 16:05   3
Night_Fighter
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 12.01.2015 01:34

По умолчанию Re: Nitecore SRT7 'Revenger' [ XM-L2 T6, 1x18650, 2x(R)CR123A ] Review

No PWM - there is a feature that allows to use SRT-7 as a photographer light.
With NFD40 naturally.
Night_Fighter вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU