Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Изображения Дневники Группы Поиск
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 6623   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 24.11.2011, 14:17 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 10.11.2015 10:40

По умолчанию Thrunite TN12 Review (XM-L U2 - 1x18650, 2xCR123A): RUNTIMES, VIDEO, BEAMSHOTS +

Warning: pic heavy, as usual.

The TN12 is a compact EDC-style 1x18650/2xCR123A light from Thrunite. Let's see how it compares to other lights in this class …

Common Manufacturer Specifications:
  • LED: Cree XM-L U2
  • Uses two 3V CR123A batteries (Lithium) or one 18650 rechargeable battery (Li-ion)
  • 126mm (Length) x 25.4mm (Diameter)
  • 66gram weight (excluding batteries)
  • Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
  • Cooper base plate for more efficient heatsinking
  • Max output: 705 lumens with more than 1 hours for 2 Cr123A
  • Max runtime:695 Hours
  • Firefly: 0.09lumens. 695 hours. low: 30 lumens:65 hours.mid: 95 lumens: 9 hours. max output: 705 lumens. 72 minutes. strobe: 705 lumens. 140 minutes
  • Max beam distance: 205m
  • Peak beam intensity: 19536cd
  • Impact resistance: 1.2m
  • Waterproof to IPX-8 standard
  • Reverse polarity protection, to protect from improper battery installation
  • Temperature control current to avoid the over heat on the surface and protect the driver from being damaged
  • Slip-resistant body design
  • Removable Stainless steel clips
  • Tactical tail switch with momentary-on function
  • Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
  • Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
  • Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
  • MSRP: ~$75

Packaging includes a good number of extras in both cases – along with the light, you get a decent quality holster and wrist lanyard, extra o-rings and spare tailcap switch, GITD switch boot cover, stainless steel pocket clip, 2xCR123A battery plastic tube (to prevent rattle), and manual.

From left to right: Redilast protected 18650; Thrunite Scorpion V2 Turbo, TN11, TN10, TN12; NiteCore IFE2; Lumintop ED20; 4Sevens Quark 123-2 X.

All dimensions are given with no batteries installed:

TN12: Weight: 64.0g, Length: 126.9mm, Width (bezel): 24.1mm
4Sevens Quark Q123-2 X (Regular tailcap): Weight: 44.6g, Length: 112.7mm, Width (bezel) 22.0mm
Lumintop ED20: Weight 84.4g, Length 121.6mm, Width (bezel) 25.2mm
Zebralight SC600: Weight 87.2g, Length: 107.8mm, Width (bezel) 29.7mm
Spark SL6: Weight 77.8g, Length: 125.5mm, Width (bezel): 30.9mm

The TN12 is certainly well in keeping with the overall dimensions and weights of other lights in this class. It is actually the lightest light I've seen that is wide enough to take 18650 cells.

Overall build and dimensions are fairly compact for this class light. Light uses knurling of reasonable aggressiveness on the body and tailcap, providing excellent grip. Anodizing is matte black. Labels are bright white against the black background.

The light can tailstand, but is a bit wobbly if not clicked on. The light has a slightly beveled bezel opening.

Light uses standard-cut screw threads, anodized for lock-out.

User Interface

The lights use a forward clicky switch for on/off, and head twists for mode control. Press and hold the clicky for momentary, press and release for constant on (i.e. click on).

Mode switching is controlled by a loosen-tighten twist of the head. With the head tight against the body, you get the memorized output mode. Do a rapid loosen-tighten switch to advance to the next output mode. Sequence is Firefly – Lo – Med – Hi –Strobe, in repeating sequence. Light has memory, and retains the last setting used after turning off and back on.

For a more detailed examination of the build and user interface, please see my video overview:

Прямая ссылка на видео YouTube

Video was recorded in 720p, but YouTube defaults to 360p. Once the video is running, you can click on the 360p icon in the lower right-hand corner, and select the higher 480p to 720p options, or even run full-screen.

PWM/Strobe

Like the other members of Thrunite family, there is no sign of PWM that I can see, at any output level. I believe the light is current-controlled as claimed.

Strobe was measured at a fairly typical fast 9.6 Hz.

Beamshots:

The TN12 uses a fairly deep (but narrow) reflector for a light this size. Reflector is textured with a light OP (orange peel) finish. Cool white XM-L emitter was well centered on my sample.

And now, what you have all been waiting for. All lights are on 1x18650, about ~0.75 meter from a white wall (with the camera ~1.25 meters back from the wall). Automatic white balance on the camera, to minimize tint differences.

Spillbeam is not as wide as some of the other lights (which typically have shallower reflectors). However, throw is better than typical.

Testing Method:

All my output numbers are relative for my home-made light box setup, a la Quickbeam's flashlightreviews.com method. You can directly compare all my relative output values from different reviews - i.e. an output value of "10" in one graph is the same as "10" in another. All runtimes are done under a cooling fan, except for any extended run Lo/Min modes (i.e. >12 hours) which are done without cooling.

I have recently devised a method for converting my lightbox relative output values (ROV) to estimated Lumens. See my How to convert Selfbuilt's Lighbox values to Lumens thread for more info.

Throw/Output Summary Chart:

My summary tables are reported in a manner consistent with the ANSI FL-1 standard for flashlight testing. Please see http://www.sliderule.ca/FL1... for a description of the terms used in these tables.

The TN12 is remarkably bright for a light this size, on all battery sources. It is actually fairly comparable on Max to the Thrunite Scorpion V2 and TN11. Firefly mode is as low as other Thrunite Firefly modes as well.

Throw is consistent for a light this size, driven to these levels.

Output/Runtime Comparison:

First, a direct comparison of all Thrunite models on 1x18650

On 1x18650, my TN12 actually measures slightly higher than my Scorpion V2 and TN10, but is otherwise identical.

On 2x sources, the TN12 is driven about the same on Hi/Max as the Scorpion V2, TN10 and TN11.

This is likely to be a problem on 2xCR123A. As discussed here, most primary CR123A cells will trip their built-in PTC circuits before the run is done (even with external cooling). In the sample runtime shown above for Hi/Max mode on 2xCR123A, both my Titanium Innovations cells came out with the labels ripped apart at the seams (!). I strongly recommend Thrunite introduce an automatic step-down feature on Max on 2x sources, as they have done on the TN10 and TN11.

Potential Issues

The light is driven to extremely high levels on Max, which may be a concern for 2x battery sources. The lack of an automatic step-down feature means you are likely to trip the PTC safety circuits of primary CR123A cells if you run sustained output for ~10 mins or longer on Max. Please see my discussion here for more information.

Strobe mode is on the main sequence (i.e. need to cycle past it to get back to Firefly mode).

Preliminary Observations

The TN12 is a very strong offering in the compact 1x18650 space.

The build is small enough that you can easily store it in pocket or carry it on your belt, making it a good EDC or "backup" light. And the body is wide enough to accommodate protected 18650 cells (including newer higher-capacity flat-top cells, which work in the light).

The slim-lined build has good ergonomics – including decent knurling for grip. Light can tailstanding (barely, better when clicked on). Tailstanding ridges may obstruct your thumb somewhat, but I still found it easy enough to activate.

Max output is extremely high on the light – output on 1x or 2x battery sources typically rivals the most heavily-driven lights in my collection. Overall efficiency is excellent at all levels, with a good balance of output levels (I like the inclusion of Firefly). Unfortunately, strobe is also in the main sequence.

My main concern is with sustained runtime on the Max level, given the much lower mass of this light (i.e. reduced heatsinking). As discussed here for the Scorpion V2, these sorts of drive levels are likely to trigger the PTC safety circuits of many primary CR123As in under 10 mins of continuous runtime. What is really missing here is a step-down feature for sustained runtime at the Max level. I'm a little surprised by the omission on the TN12, as the recent TN10/TN11 lights feature it.

Beam pattern is smooth and reasonable for a general purpose light (i.e. acceptable throw for a light this size, although less spill than is common). Overall use and handling impressions are positive. As long as you are thoughtful about how long you leave it running on Max, the TN12 has a lot going for it.

----

TN12 supplied by Thrunite for review.
selfbuilt вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU