Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Изображения Дневники Группы Поиск
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 3734   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 1   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 27.07.2015, 16:00 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

Arrow Olight M23 Javelot (Dedomed XP-L, 1x18650, 2xCR123A, 2xRCR123A) Review

Olight has released the M23 Javelot which is a tactical light featuring a customized (dedomed) XP-L. It gives higher max. output and further beam distance than the Olight M22. The light runs on 1x18650 or 2xCR123A or 2xRCR123A.

Included in the case was the light with removable clip (attached), metal grip (attached), white diffuser, nice belt holster, lanyard, spare o-rings, battery magazine, manual and warranty card.

Manufacturer Specifications from Olight website & manual :

The hard (type III) anodizing is a matte black and consistent throughout with no chips or blemishes to be found on my sample. Lettering is clear and bright white against the black background. Like the M22, there are large checkered portions on the battery tube.

The external build of the M23 Javelot is very similar to the Olight M22 (i.e., anodizing is a matte black finish (type III), and raised checkered pattern on the battery tube on all lights). Overall weight has slightly increased and dimensions are very similar to the M22.
Let's see what changed.

The crenellated bezel end is more sharpened now.

The threads in the tail region of the body tube is now longer than the M22. The external diameter of the threads in the tail region is wider the M22. So you can't use the tailcap of the M22 on the M23 (i.e., tailcaps and body tubes are not physically interchangeable between the two models). However, you can perfectly (electrically) swap the heads or bodies between the lights, thanks to the same length and shape of the screw threading region of each light.

The tail end of the body tube was diagonally processed. It helps you insert batteries into the tube with ease.

The tailcap design was changed from the M22.

The light comes apart into three parts (i.e. head, battery tube and tailcap) without the use of tools.

The M23 has a silver crenellated stainless steel bezel which are removable, and allowing light to shine through when left placed head down.
There are plenty of cooling fins on the head. The light has a black thick specific shaped ring which covers the circumference of the lens between the bezel and reflector. Seems it functions as not only an waterproofing, but a shock absorbing material. There is a raised positive contact spring in the head, so true flat-top 18650 batteries should work fine. There is an outer golden connection ring for detecting head tight/head loose. The light has reverse polarity protection function to protect from incorrect battery installation (i.e., the electronics of the M23 has in-built reverse polarity protection). Olight confirmed you can use 2xRCR123A Li-ion cells in the light. I think the light has neither low-battery warning function nor over-discharge protection function, I'd recommend you use the protected 18650 or RCR123A
cells.

The light uses AR coating lens. The purple hue is reflected on the lens. The aluminum reflector has a smooth pattern. Surface finish on the reflector was perfect from visual inspection, and perfectly-centered XP-L LED sits at the bottom of the reflector cup.

The dedomed XP-L is clean and perfect on my sample. It seems there is a thin layer over the die of the LED. Olight confirmed that the membrane surface is a layer of silica gel (i.e., after dedoming process of the XP-L, it is sealed with a layer of glue to improve the color temperature and protection for the emitter in their factory).

The removable cigar ring holds the clip tightly. It can be removed easily without removing the o-ring on the body. There is a groove on one side of the cigar ring that fits into a slightly protruded piece of the removable clip. This helps hold the cigar ring on the body in place.

The battery tube (i.e., body) is mostly covered in a bold checkered portions with two flat faces where manufacturer & model name with serial number are printed on. The body tube is wide enough to accommodate my all size 18650 cells, but you may find that very long cells under tight pressure with the dual springs. The aluminum cigar grip ring is removable and is on the end of the body. It acts as an anti-roll feature so the light doesn't accidentally roll off and it helps when holding the light in a cigar-style grip. The stainless steel clip & aluminum cigar ring help enhance grip as well. It's a bit slippery when twisting the body with wet hands, but overall grip is good.

The included 2x(R)CR123A battery magazine is optional, so you don’t need always to use it in this configuration, but it certainly removes battery rattle in case you use it.

The screw threads are square-cut of good quality. Threads on both ends are well machined, with those on the rear end being anodized which allows the light to be locked-out if you unscrew the tailcap one and a half turns or more. As supplied, threads on both ends are well lubricated. Threads on either ends on the body mate well with the head and tailcap with no issues of cross-threading or grinding on my sample.

The tailcap switch is a forward clicky which is quite the same shape as the Olight M3XS-UT. The negative terminal at the tailcap has a bit strong elastic spring covered with a small brass flat disc to increase surface contact area and have no risk of scratching battery. The tailcap has shallow scallops machined around the end. Unlike the M22, the black rubber push button cap is recessed within the tail end. In general, it means the tail switch can be a bit difficult to access, especially when you are wearing gloves. I however, don't have any difficulties to access, thanks to the crenellated tail end. The light can tailstand. The switch has average tension with short travel and tactile clicking feedback. The switch feel is less stiff than the M22.
User Interface

Like the M22, there are three constant output levels and one "hidden" strobe. The light is turned on-off by the forward tailcap switch (i.e., press for momentary on, click for lock on).

To change the constant output levels, loosen/tighten the head to advance through outputs when on, which proceed in sequence from Low -> Med. -> High -> Low, in repeating sequence. The light has mode memory, and remembers the last output level used when you turn the light off and back on, (even after a battery change).

A single press (or click) from Off will access to the memorized output level.
A double quick press (or double quick click) will activate High directly, whatever mode the light is in (even Off).
A triple quick press (or triple quick click) will activate Strobe directly, whatever mode the light is in (even Off). There's no mode memory for the multiple-quick press (or click) states of the light.

From left to right, VicLite 18650(2600mAh) protected, Olight M22, Olight M23, Jetbeam Jet 3M Pro, Lumintop TD16, Armytek Predator V2.0.

M23 comes with a nice nylon belt holster with a velcro strap on the head. The light fits in the holster head-down only. The small extra pocket at both sides give a nice space to carry 2x18650 or 4x(R)CR123A's. The holster has a loop allows to carry it in horizontal position for belt.

The white diffuser came with the light consists of a front hard plastic part & a rear soft cap to fit the M23's stainless steel bezel. The diffuser cap is a good snug fit and is of good quality. It's somewhat stretchy.

The light has a larger head. But it is reasonably good size to hold and can be used as an tactical light. Overall grip is good. Overall build quality is very high.
Measured Dimensions & Weight

PWM

The M23 Javelot shows no sign of PWM at any output levels. I do think the light is constant current controlled. I noticed there is no buzzing sound at any levels.
Runtime

The runtime to fall to 10% of its initial output from 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on (i.e., based on ANSI FL-1) for High is as above graph :
M23 continues to have a defined step-down on High on 1x18650 (after about 4.5 mins of continuous runtime). The light steps down gradually, taking about 1.5 mins to level off at the lower High level (i.e., higher output than Med.). This means you are unlikely to notice the step-down on the light. This is a timed step-down feature (i.e., not a thermally step-down). Note that you can turn the light off-on to restore initial max. output. After 6mins, the light enters a period of flat regulation.

You can see the different step-down pattern between the M23 and M22 from the above 2sec sampling frequence runtime graph.

On 2x(R)CR123A, the M23 starts step-down earlier than the 1x18650 (i.e., after 3mins continuous runtime). It takes 3mins to level off at the lower High output from High. Also 2x(R)CR123A give you more output than the 1x18650 at initial stage.

The light maintains perfectly flat regulation for an extended period, before dropping off slowly in output (on 1x18650 or 2xCR123A) or with an abrupt shut-down due to protection circuits being triggered (2xRCR123A).

When the M23 has completely fallen out of regulation on High (i.e., battery is nearly exhausted), it begins flickering rapidly (i.e., like Strobe mode). I guess it is due to the repetitive drop & recovery of the battery voltage when the battery gets very low.

Output-runtime efficiency seems excellent, as expect for a current-controlled light.

Overall efficiency seems very good in 1x18650 class.
Beamshot

1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door) on max. output on 1x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells
- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/25sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/100sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/800sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/2000sec, Auto white balance

The light shows a narrower hot spot and almost the same sized spill beam as M22. The tint is greenish yellow. Normally, the dedoming tends to produce tint shift towards lower (warmer) color temperature, and it allows a more intense focusing of the beam with a reflector or lens (i.e., makes beam tighter and throws beam further).
The light has basically a cool white XP-L, but a little more neutral white than completely cool. The tint of the M23 is not as green looking in real life as in the above white door beamshot. The automatic white balancing (AWB) on my camera tends to enhance the green tint somewhat. I can see a nice symmetry of the corona on all output levels, thanks to perfect centering of the LED and excellent dedoming process.

This is comparison beamshot between Olight M22 and M23 (about 50cm from the white door) on max. output on 1x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells.
Both lights show the greenish yellow tint. Again, the M3XS-UT and M23 is not as green looking in real life as in the above photo. The AWB on the camera tends to enhance the green tint somewhat.
2. 7m Indoor Beamshot on max. output on 1x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1/10sec, Auto white balance

3. 7m Indoor Beamshot with a diffuser on max. output on 1x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1/10sec, Auto white balance

4. 85m Outdoor Beamshot on max. output on 1x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

5. 120m Outdoor Beamshot on max. output on 1x18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

The M23 is an outstanding thrower for its class. This is number one throwing stock XP-L 1x18650 light I have tested to date.
Overall Impressions

• Build quality is very high
• Mode memory for High, Med., Low
• Loosen-tighten mode-switching interface
• You can use 1x18650 or 2xCR123A or 2xRCR123A
• True flat-top batteries work fine
• Timed step-down feature on High, but gradual step-down
• Electrical reverse polarity protection function
• True moonlight mode is not available
• Perfect centering of the emitter and nice post processing of the emitter after dedoming
• No sign of PWM flickers at any output modes
• Beam shows greenish yellow tint from the dedomed emitter
• Anti-roll indentations on the body
• Number one throwing stock XP-L 1x18650 light I have tested to date
M23 Javelot supplied by Olight for review.

[Исправлено: candle lamp, 28.07.2015 в 11:23] Причина: Correction of TYPO
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Admin (27.07.2015), ip_86 (27.07.2015), KAR2009 (12.06.2016), maravas (01.11.2015), nikita.filukov (27.07.2015), Pit Hi-Fi (29.10.2015), Rocklight (27.07.2015), Tatamovich (29.07.2015)
Ответ  Создать новую тему

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU