Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 1820   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 05.09.2014, 10:32 Автор темы   1
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 22.03.2024 22:14

По умолчанию Olight R20 Seeker review (600 lm,XM-L2 CW,18650 **)

Greetings all.
This review will be dedicated to a new flashlight from Olight, the R20 Seeker. Actually the flashlight is so new, that I could not find any information about it on the official website.

So, what's so interesting about the flashlight?

I think that the flashlight has some interesting features.

1. Built in lithium battery charger (proprietary battery comes with the flashlight as standard)
2. Flashlight can be operated with a regular 18650, but cannot charge it.
3. Unusually "clean" design - I think that if Apple would decide to create a flashlight it would look somewhat similar.
4. After 5 minutes of work the flashlight steps down to a modest 400 lm setting.

Tech. specs

Features:
1.charging indicator will glow red while charging and green when fully charged
2.Features a protective ring-cover sleeve over the micro-USB port to block out debris and water
3.Easily accessible lock -out feature with half -turn of the tail-cap to prevent accidental activation
4.Powered by an included 2600mAh lithium-ion rechargeable 18650 battery.

Package included:
1 x Olight R20 Seeker CREE XM-L2 LED Flashlight
1 x 2600mah 18650 battery
1 x car charger

Let's start

The flashlight comes in a see-thru box with lot's of information printed on it. It is easy to have a good idea about the looks of the flashlight without actually opening the box.

The see-thru box has a little black box with bundled goodies inside. It contains a car adapter (1A, Olight branded), a lanyard, charging cable,user manual and some other Olight flashlights commercials.

A very decent manual written in a good English. Please note the runtime graph - the light steps down to a 400 lm setting after 5 minutes of work.

As I noted before - the flashlight is very sleek, it is a pleasure to look at and to hold such a flashlight. The quality is flawless to my opinion.

The charging jack is secured behind an aluminium opening. The opening itself is threaded, and lubricated - feels very secure.

Only the tail-cap can be removed. The proprietary battery comes installed in the flashlight from the factory.

Clever protection circuit does not allow the flashlight to charge non- Olight customized cells. My DMM showed that the positive lead actually consists from positive and negative leads - the positive is in the middle.

The threads are square-cut and anodised. In the flashlight we can see the springs that are contacting both leads of the proprietary cell.

When charging the red indicator lits, when done it turnes green. In final charging stages the current was 0.7-0.8 A, so using a good USB power source is recommended.

A clean reflector, inside and outside. The anti-reflective coating can easily be seen.

The flashlight accompanied by some other flashlights. It is definitely pocket-able.

Controls

The flashlight is controlled by a tactical button - you need to set the modes before turning the lights on. It allways starts at low mode, double pressing the button enables the "high" mode, triple click enables strobe mode.

Some numbers (lumens in a hotspot from a distance of a meter)

A very decent output for such a flashlight, I thought the output would be lower. Throw - vise it is somewhat similar with P12 and TN12 flashlights, and the numbers prove it. I am unable to do a decent outdoor beamshots now, maybe I will add them later.

PWM/Noise

In the low mode I could detect a pwm on a frequency of 955 Hz, it can't be noticed without instruments by most people, so that's not an issue. The HIGH mode is PWM free. The flashlight is completely silent on all modes.

Conclusion

A very decent flashlight, I think it can be a great present to someone that does not own a lot of lithium batteries and don't want to start figuring out how to charge them.

I would like to thank Olight for providing me the flashlight for review.

Thank you for reading. If you have any questions/suggestions I will be happy to hear and assist. My English is far from being perfect, so... sorry for the typos.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU