Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 3438   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 24.05.2011, 15:12 Автор темы   1
Новичок

Последняя активность: 25.06.2010 21:28

По умолчанию 38DD: Evaluation of a Titanium Pendant Light

This aluminum pendant light is provided for a preliminary evaluation and the maker has kindly given permission to reveal the prototype and my findings here.

PHASE ONE (Prototype)

This will be my phase one review of the prototype. Second phase will involve the final production. The actual run might or might not take my findings into consideration. But one thing's for sure, the final 38DD will be made of titanium as a hypoallergenic, durable material for wearing.

It's called 38DD for 38mm (for its length) direct drive. It is a dedicated pendant light, minimalist bullet-shaped design for aesthetic appeal and a lack of knurling to perhaps prevent any sort of skin abrasions. The 38DD uses the small power-packed li-ion, 10180, and what I notice to be the best thing about this light is the ramping feature called Continuous Variable Drive (CVD).

For people who owns the Surefire Titan, you'll appreciate the versatility of this feature. By slowly tightening the head, the output SMOOTHLY transits from a super low lumen to a blinding maximum (at least for it's size). And vice versa when the head is loosened. Sort of like a dimmer switch. I don't have a sphere to measure, but I can say the low is tritium glow lumens and the high almost equates the maximum output of LF2XT using li-ion. So this satisfies low lumen fans as well as users who love power in a tiny package. Thermal dissipation seems to be good, then again, the prototype is aluminum, we'll see how it holds out for the titanium version.

The variable output is made possible by the material called Quantum Tunnelling Composites (QTC for short). QTCs are composite materials of metals and non-conducting elastomeric binder, used as pressure sensors. They utilise quantum tunnelling: without pressure, the conductive elements are too far apart to conduct electricity; when pressure is applied, they move closer and electrons can tunnel through the insulator (excerpt from Wiki).

38DD uses R5 XP-G or the neutral R4 behind a tiny TIR optic (spot or flood options, shown here is spot). The beam profile is pretty smooth with a hint of throw.

Upon beta testing this proto for a couple of days, I can't help but to keep taking this tiny light out and gleefully twist it on and off like a giddy school girl.
But I find some things, IMHO, can be taken into consideration:
- Grooves should be added for an easy grip for twisting.
- The hole at the top should be made bigger to allow thicker neck chains to pass through.
- Inclusion of tritium slot or slots perhaps?
- And broadening the stud at the bottom of the body chamber to spread out the compressing force so as to minimize a deep indentation on the battery's negative end.
- I'm also suggesting the top to be even rounder and smoother for a purely subjective standpoint.

Sample kindly provided by Steve Ku.

All in all, I think 38DD will be another feather in Steve's cap. Will be awaiting for the final production for a more in-depth evaluation and perhaps a comparison to Drake and Wee.....

Steve's revision after taking this evaluation into consideration:
Zeruel вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU