Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 3676   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 14.11.2013, 15:36 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

Arrow Jetbeam SRA40 Rechargeable Light [XM-L2, 4xAA] Review

Reviewer's note : SRA40 engineering sample was provided by Jetbeam for review.

SRA40 is Jetbeam's first 4xAA rechargeable light which has dual-switch interface.
Jetbeam has sent me a engineering sample only to review. I don't know what the final packaging will be like, but I assume the shipping lights will include charging adaptor and etc.

Manufacturer Specification from Jetbeam's website :

• SRA40 intelligent charging forerunner
• CREE XM-L2 led made brightness increase by 15%, with life span of 50,000
• Lightweight design with aircraft-grade aluminum alloy
• Max output of 960 lumens
• The latest “Crystal Coating Technology” along with “Precision Digital Technology” provides extreme reflector performance of 390m beam distance
• Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with double-sided anti-reflective coating ensures the highest optical efficiency and light transmittance
• Three level of brightness
• SOS, strobe function
• 4*AA rechargeable batteries or 4* 1.5V Alkaline batteries
• Intelligent charging function
• Low power warning
• CREE XM-L2 led with life span 50,000
• Intelligent dual switches
• Max output: 960lumens
• Throw beamshot 390m
• Impact resistant: 1.5m
• Waterproof: IPX-8

The light have a matte dark gray finish (looks like type III hard anodizing), with no chips or damage on my sample. There is some knurling on the body, of reasonable aggressiveness. Labels are rather extensive in additional to the manufacturer and model information. You can see brief warning about the batteries. Lettering is clearly legible in bright white. The light can roll easily, although there are flat cooling fin area of the head. Assume use of the lanyard attached helps.

The light has 2 parts. The body is one piece with the head (i.e., the body has a built-in head). There is no carrier for AA batteries.

The light uses a good smooth reflector, with reasonably deep proportions for the large size of the head. There seems to be very mild texturing applied to the reflector surface which slightly dulls the finish, so I would expect good throw. The distinctive parts of the light are the flat panel with "dual-switch interface" in the head to control the light and the "charging dock" for 4xAA rechargeable cells which seems a typically looking DC-charging socket is used. The six tiny screws holding down the plate cover should alleviate waterproofing concern. The upper switch is a mode switch, and the lower switch is a main power switch. The head has a big "X" is engraved on. But I don't know actually what this means.

The light uses double-sided AR coating lens, and the purple hue is reflected on it. Cool white XM-L2 emitter is well centered on my sample.

The charging dock is on the opposite side of the dual-switch in the head. The upper switch uses two blue-LED's to signal the state of the light (i.e., mode activation, battery status).
The lower blue light LED comes on and flashes as the batteries are running low. You will not see it in normal operation. When you click the upper switch for mode changing or click the main power switch for either turning the light on or access to Strobe, you will see the upper & lower solid blue light LED for 5 seconds. The switches are electronic push button and have average travel and a bit quiet with click when pressed. Grip is good with the texturized rubber button cover. The SRA40 has a charging cable that connects on the back of the head. But Jetbeam didn't send me that cable, because my review light is an engineering sample. So I don't know how long it will take to full charge the Ni-MH cells in a nice conservative level.
The only issue I noted in my review sample is that there is a memorized output turning-on whenever making initial contacting the body to the tailcap with batteries installed. :confused:

Mostly the battery tube continues the cylindrical shape with four flat faces.

The light is comfortable to hold and use. Overal grip is good, despite the cylindrical shape.

The SRA40 doesn't use a battery carrier, but instead has cut-out wells for the cells. The four cells are arranged in series, with connection being made by contacts on the connector piece in the tailcap. This connector can spin freely, and locks in place to a couple of holes in the body that line up with rods in the tailcap. The overall construction such as wall thickness seems thicker and more solid than expected. It looks sturdy and well-made.

The light has a reasonable number of anodized trapezoidal screw threads at both body and tailcap, but that doesn't really matter too much to head lock-out since my review sample turns on whenever making initial contacting the body to the tailcap with batteries installed. I hope the shipping product's lock-out will be possible. The threads between the body and tailcap mate perfectly and very smooth.

The tailcap has three partially raised rims which provides tailstanding. There is a slit through a rim which allows for lanyard attachment.

The light has no tail switch, being entirely controlled by the dual-side switch in the head. Instead a small female screws hole is recessed into the tail base. You can attach an attacking cone to the hole. The cone can be used to beat a target, breaking glasses in emergency or self rescue. There is a hole for the lanyard attachment as well.

The light can tailstand stably without an attacking cone attached.

The gripability is good. The build feels solid and robust, and I find handling & balance of the light are good. The overall build quality seems excellent.

From left to right : Lumintop SD10, Jetbeam SRA40, Fenix LD41.

The head size & body weight excluding battery of the following lights are as follows :
SD10 - 39.9mm / 126g, SRA40 - 48.5mm / 238g, LD41 - 40mm / 178g
Measured dimension & weight

User Interface

On-off is controlled by the lower power switch (click to turn the light on at the previously memorized constant output level. While on, mode changing is controlled by the upper mode switch. There are two modes (i.e., general mode & flashing mode).

1) General mode
Output changing is controlled by the upper switch. Click to advance through output modes in the following repeating sequence : Low -> High -> Med. The light has mode memory, and remembers the last output level used when you turn the light off and back on, (even after a battery change).
You can't set the output level while the light is off. The upper switch only works when the light is powered on by the lower main switch first.

2) Flashing mode
The Strobe is accessed by pressing and holding the lower power switch for more than one second at any mode. To access SOS, press and hold the upper mode switch more than one second when on. To return to the general mode, just click the lower switch (or power switch) once, or turn off & on the light. The flashing mode has no memory. The light always turns on in the memorized general mode, and you can access to strobe directly when off (or standby). This means you can directly access strobe without turning on the light in general mode first.
Standby Current Drain

A standby current drain is inevitable on the SRA40, due to the electronic switches in the head. I measured a drain of 67~125uA for every three seconds. Going with an average current of 96uA, and assuming 4xEneloop 2000mAh capacity batteries, that would give you 2.3 years before four fully charged batteries would be completely drained, given the cell arrangement in series.
PWM

No sign of PWM at any level of the light, leading me to conclude the light is actually current-controlled. I notice there is neither buzzing sound at all output levels on my sample.
Runtime

1. High (accumulated)

2. High (timed step-down)

3. High (Accumulated & timed step-down)

[New 13.11.12]
4. Max. output with 3 or 4xAA lights

[New 13.11.12]
[New 13.11.15] After exactly 3 mins on High, the light drops to around 67% of the initial output. This is a timed drop-down feature. I restarted the SRA40 on High output every 3 mins when the light dropped to 67% of the initial output. So you can see what happens if you keep it going. If you want continuos High output, just click the mode switch twice (or turn the light off-on every 2 mins in the second run). The runtime labelled as "High (accumulated)" is the accumulated runtime on High. [New 13.11.15]

Regulation is maintained very nicely through High on both batteries (Ni-MH, Alkarine).

The SRA40 steps down on High to lower output after 3 mins & 12.5 mins runtime, on both 4xNi-MHs and 4xAlkarines. This is a timed drop-down, not a thermal sensor feature to avoid overheating the light. The regulation pattern and runtime efficiency of the current controlled circuit seems excellent. The lower blue LED on the upper switch begins to flash as batteries drain down (i.e., when the output drops to a very lower low mode as shown in the above runtime graph, the blue LED begins to flash every second).
Beamshot

1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door)
- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/100sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/320sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/640sec, Auto white balance

There is a slightly greenish tint in the corona around small hotspot, but it's not noticeable except up-close. The overall beam quality is good (i.e., no rings in the beam).
2. Indoor beamshot (about 7m from the target)
- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/1sec, Auto white balance

3. 55m Outdoor Beamshot
- ISO100, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

4. 60~65m Outdoor Beamshot
- ISO100, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

The light is a good thrower and high output 4xAA light.

[Исправлено: candle lamp, 15.11.2013 в 12:58]
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU