Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 5529   Ответов в теме 4   Подписчиков на тему 2   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 08.09.2011, 01:41 Автор темы   1
Новичок

Последняя активность: 29.05.2013 21:02

По умолчанию 4sevens Quark X 123-2 Review

Hey everyone, I've got a production model of the new Quark X. This is an XM-L version of the very popular Quark series of lights. The X models have the new Cree XM-L emitters installed. This light is the Regular UI version, and this particular light was sent to me by 4sevens for review purposes.

Click on the small thumbnail below to see the full size image of the Quark X 123-2 operators manual. Within the manual you will find all the specs for this light, including how to operate this light:

This sample was sent to me without any accessories, packaging, etc. I would expect those items to be the same as the items that usually come with the Quark XP-G models, but I can't say for sure because they weren't included for my review.

Externally the Quark X is nearly identical to the regular Quark series, with very subtle changes to the body/battery tube. The size of the engraving of the brand name (4sevens) and model name are slightly smaller on the Quark X model, and there are some minor machining differences at the point where the body/battery tube is reduced in size from the head end and tail cap end. They are very minor, aesthetic differences, and do not affect the function of the light.

These lights do have square cut threads just like all other Quark models before it, so you can mix and match parts (I've already tried and the threading is the same):

Here are some images of the Quark X compared to the Quark XP-G model. Note that my XP-G model has the optional 4sevens deep carry clip on it. I thought I'd mention that for any of you who may not be familiar with Quark lights, and might mistaken the deep carry clip as an included item with one light, but not the other. Don't want to mislead anyone :

Of course if you look at the business end of the Quark X, the emitter difference is apparent . Since this light has updated circuitry from the XP-G/E versions, the electronic components have some differences, too, and this can be seen from the back of the circuit board. 4sevens implemented thermal regulation into this light as well, and that's one reason as to why the circuitry was changed (see my OTF lumen charts below for the results of the change :thumbsup:

Now for the dyno testing .

For those of you who aren't aware, I have my own calibrated homemade integrating sphere (I have two, actually) for measuring lumen output of different lights. My sphere's have been calibrated using lights that were measured in a professional lab sphere, so my lumen results are very accurate. However, due to common variables such as temperature differences, battery charge state differences, and even differences within the components used within each and every light, you should only use my results as an example of what one sample outputs in OTF lumens. If you purchase one of these lights I'm sure the output would be similar, provided all variables are similar, but your light may not produce exactly the same output as this sample. The output could be less, the output could be more, it just depends.

Okay, now that I've got that out of the way, here are my OTF lumen results for this amazing little pocket rocket. This light has thermal regulation/protection. Looking at my graphs, you will notice the thermal regulation kick in at around 4 minutes into the run time. This explains the drop in output. For anyone who doesn't know, this is done to #1- keep you from being injured due to excessive heat, which could burn you and/or cause certain battery types to explode from excessive heat. And #2- it's also done to protect the components of the light, which keeps the light in perfect working order no matter the environment:

And here are all three previous run times within the same graph:

And the thermal graph for all three run times:

I also compared the Quark X with my Quark XP-G S2 123-2:

Thermal graph:

Beam Shots:

These were taken against my garage door with manual settings. The white balance was set to auto, but all other settings remained the same for each comparison shot.

4ft from light to garage door, long exposure:

4ft from light to garage door, short exposure:

8ft from light to garage door, long exposure:

8ft from light to garage door, short exposure:

I hope you enjoyed reading my review, and thanks for looking.

[Исправлено: ti-force, 08.09.2011 в 06:14]
ti-force вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 08.09.2011, 05:05   2
Admin
Администратор

По умолчанию Re: 4sevens Quark X 123-2 Review

Отличная работа!
Спасибо, друг!
Admin вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 08.09.2011, 05:09 Автор темы   3
ti-force
Новичок

Цитата:
Посмотреть сообщение Сообщение от Admin :
Отличная работа!
Спасибо, друг!
Thank you for the kind words .
Старый 08.09.2011, 09:55   4
fnksb
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: Сегодня 22:27
Записей в дневнике: 4

Ура! Наконец-то появились регулярные кварки на XM-L!

Спасибо за обзор!
fnksb на форуме   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 11.09.2011, 21:52 Автор темы   5
ti-force
Новичок

Цитата:
Посмотреть сообщение Сообщение от fnksb :
Ура! Наконец-то появились регулярные кварки на XM-L!

Спасибо за обзор!
You're welcome .

Also, I've finished testing with an AW 17670 Li-ion cell. Here are my results:

Please note that 4sevens does not recommend the use of 17670 cells because of different tolerances of battery tubes and/or cell size. If you plan on running a 17670 cell in your Quark 123-2, please understand that the cell may or may not fit. It's a gamble. If it's a tight fit, don't try to force the cell because you could possibly tear the insulation covering the cell and damage the battery, and/or injure yourself or someone else. Okay, now that I've got that out of the way, here are my results:

Quark X 123-2 with AW 17670 cell:

All battery combinations compared:

fnksb (12.09.2011)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU