Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 2674   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 23.08.2013, 16:03 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 23.08.2013 16:00

По умолчанию Sunwayman D40A (XM-L2 | 4 x AA) Review

A dual-switch mechanism heralds the new feature on Sunwayman's latest model, the D40A:

It's a compact powerhouse that is endowed with a XM-L2 emitter and is capable of pumping out 980 lumens with decent throw. The aforementioned switches combine to allow easy and quick operation and provides access to 5 different outputs (of which there is a moon mode available) as well as four different blinkie modes. Let's see what else it has on tap...

MFG FEATURES & SPECS
MSRP: $89.95

Features
- CREE XM-L2 LED, with a lifetime of up to 50,000 hours
- Brand-new Dual-button Side Switch System, slightly depress the side switch buttons for output ranging from 30 to 980 lumens
- Constant current circuit, constant output
- High quality reflector with soft beam pattern
- Optimized Deep Reflector, great throw distance as well as perfect beam pattern
- High quality aerospace-grade aluminum alloy, Stainless steel head retaining ring
- Military specification Type III- hard anodized body
- Waterproof, in accordance with IPX-8 standard
- Ultra-clear tempered glass lens resists scratches and impacts
- Tail stand capable- can be used as a candle

Specifications:
LED: CREE XM-L2
Runs on: 4x AA (Batteries not included)
Output/Runtime:
Turbo: 980 lumens / .05h
High: 550 lumens / 1.7h
Mid: 220 lumens / 4h
Low: 30 lumens / 31h
Peak Beam Intensity: 24800 cd
Dimensions:
Length: 4.74" (120.6mm)
Head Diameter: 1.57" (40mm)
Body Diameter: 1.65" (42mm)
Weight (w/o Batteries): 5.83oz (165.4g)

PACKAGING & ACCESSORIES
The D40A arrived in a sturdy cardboard box w/ample foam cushioning:

Accessories included are:
Lanyard, O-ring, Holster

VIDEO REVIEW
Here's a full vid review while I flesh out this written one:
Прямая ссылка на видео YouTube

SIZE & HANDLING

L to R: Energizer AA (E91) | Sunwayman V11R w/AP05 AA ext. | Sunwayman D40A | Shadow JM07 | TaoTronics TF01 w/ext. | Nitecore P25

Given I don't have any other lights w/the same form factor, I decided to include various lights for size comparo. The diameter of the JM07's tube (which is a 26650 light) comes closest to the D40A's tube albeit still smaller.

BEAMSHOTS
Here's an outdoor vid comparing the D40A to a few other lights (please see this thread for full details including distances involved and additional pic beamshots):
[video=youtube;fwzjFq4T6No]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwzjFq4T6No[/video]

RUNTIME & OUTPUT
The relevant battery stats are provided above each runtime graph along with:
- Voltage of the battery at the start and end of the test
- Current draw
- Actual runtime using ANSI FL1 (first in HR and then in M so for the Eneloop XX on Turbo, read this as 1.9hrs or 111min)
- As of May 2012: Lumens measured on my PVC LMD @ 30 seconds
- Also captured the temperature: ambient, the head/fins at start and the max it reached (fan was used for all bats)

Max output measured @ 30 seconds was 1120lms w/4 x Eneloop (note: although I calibrate my PVC LMD before each runtime/lumens testing, the ambient temp will also cause deviations in readings).

To prevent overheating, the D40A only maintains Turbo mode for a timed duration of ~3.5 minutes (can be re-invoked) after which it'll step down to High and run in perfect regulation until the batteries can no longer maintain the current draw. The output will then start a gradual decline giving one ample visual indication to replace the batteries. If that isn't enough, there is also a low-voltage warning LED between the two switches that'll light up when the voltage is too low.

Given the relatively high current draw, I'd strongly recommend getting some quality NiMh cells like the Eneloop's or Eneloop XX's. As can be seen in the runtime chart, while step down is also timed at 3.5min, the E91's incur a huge hit and take a steep dive during Turbo and then after step-down occurs, it's only able to maintain regulation on High for ~30 minutes vs. 87min on standard Eneloops and 111 on Eneloop XX. A nice thing about the D40A is that given the 3V bottom range of the operating voltage it can be a battery vampire when used with Alkalines. Once the E91's have been sufficiently drained, it'll enter into a prolonged moonlight mode that presumably can last until that 3V limit is hit. I had to stop the runtime testing at 200 min at which the total voltage of the E91's was 3.87V (3 cells were ~1V ea with one cell at .87). I'll report back in the future on just how low it can drain these cells to.

The strange thing is that it doesn't seem to like L91's (Lithium equiv. of alkaline AA). The red low voltage LED kicked-in immediately and the light wouldn't stay in turbo. Although these cells are also 1.5V nominal, perhaps it detects that the resting voltage (1.86V ea so total of 7.44V) is out of bounds (3-6V so 14500 LiIon's are NOT supported). I plan on doing a vid on this (as well as the LVW feature) in the future.

Here in order for each cell are measurements for:
* Step-down time (from Turbo)
* High; average lms in first minute + current draw and calculated runtime
* Medium; average lms in first minute + current draw and calculated runtime
* Low; average lms in first minute + current draw and calculated runtime
* Moon; average lms in first minute + current draw and calculated runtime
* Standby current and time (calculated in days & months)

I haven't checked the draw on lockout yet but when the switch first receives electricity, the current draw will be as high as 1.7mA for about two seconds (almost like an initiation/pre-check stage) before it'll drop down to a steady 9.62µA (measured on Fluke 289) which is absolutely miniscule and one of the best I've ever measured on an electronic switch. This should allow the D40A to be an EXCELLENT emergency use light when paired with LSD NiMH's, however, as mentioned in my vid, it'd really be a shame to relegate the D40A to just emergency use as it's such a nice light with many excellent features for daily use.

MORE TO COME...

D40A GALLERY

=======
D40A provided by batteryjunction.com for review.
turboBB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU