Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 5202   Ответов в теме 9   Подписчиков на тему 4   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 23.08.2013, 07:39 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

По умолчанию Olight O'Pen [ XP-G2 R5, 2xAAA Ni-MH or Alkarine ] Review

Reviewer's note : Olight O'Pen (Penlight) was supplied by Olight for review.

The O'Pen is an Olight's first penlight with an Cree XP-G2 R5 emitter, runs on 2xAAA (Ni-MH or alkarine cells).

The light comes in a nice colorless and transparent plastic case with plastic insert. Included in the case was the light with a pocket clip (attached), two spare o-rings, two AAA alkarine Duracell batteries, manual and warranty card. (The manual is available for download on Olight website.)
Manufacturer Specifications from Olight website & manual :

• First penlight from Olight, originated from pen in its appearance
• Utilizing the newest Cree XP-G2 LED, with the max output of 180 lumens
• Three adjustable output levels with automatic memory function: Low, Medium and High (change the output by pressing the tail switch button).
• Stainless steel clip with high quality and flexibility makes it durable and keeps a firm grip on your pocket.
• Processed out of aerospace aluminum alloy and stainless steel, light and reliable.
• Adopt linear current regulation technology, no stroboscopic output.
• Waterproof : IPX8
• Orange reflector processed out of aluminum alloy, outputting soft and uniform light suitable for short-range lighting.
• Lens : Toughened ultra-clear glass with anti-reflective coating.
• Various colors for your options : red, blue, brown, and black.
• Dimension : (L)136mm, (D)13.5mm
• Weight : 22.5g (without battery)
• Battery : 2xAAA Alkarine, Ni-MH rechargeable battery
• Reflector : Orange Peel Reflector (6063-T6 AL)
• Lens : Tough ultra-clear tempered glass, with anti-reflective coating
• Switch : Mechanical switch with lock-out function
• Output & running time :
- 150lm/42min, 42lm/7.5hr, 4.5lm/30hr (Battery : 2xAAA Ni-MH 800mAh eneloop)
- 180lm/22min, 50lm/8hr, 5lm/30hr (Battery : 2xAAA Alkarine Duracell)
• Beam intensity : 130cd
• Max. throw : 22m
• Impact resistance : 1.5m

The O'Pen is nice looking penlight with its sleek curves and minimal lines. The hard (type III) anodizing (my review sample is blue) is almost matt finish and consistent throughout with no chips or blemishes to be found on my sample. Olight confirmed me all colors (red, blue, brown, and black) are type III anodizing. Instead of standard knurling, there is an engraved grid pattern on the whole body of the light. That pattern may seem like adding grip a little, but gives a good aesthetic appearance. It's a bit slippery but the clip helps enhance grip. So the overall grip is acceptable.

O'Pen really looks like a real pen. The head narrowing down makes is easier to put it into pockets like real ball pen.

The light has 3 parts.

The light has a polished stainless steel bezel ring which is glued. The lens is recessed from the tip of the bezel ring for preventing from scratching & impact. The light has no reverse polarity protection to protect from incorrect battery installation. The light uses ultra-clear and tempered AR coating lens. But I can't see any hue is reflected on the lens. The aluminum reflector has a smooth pattern in my review sample, although manual says the light has an orange peel reflector. Surface finish on the reflector was very nice from visual inspection, and well-centered LED sits at the bottom of the reflector cup.

The whole area of the light is covered by engraved grid pattern for some grip, and it's good for aesthetic effect too. There are model name and serial number printed on the middle part of the body. The polished stainless steel pocket clip is nicely engraved with manufacturer name and its logo. It acts as an anti-roll feature so the light doesn't accidentally roll off.

The screw threads on the body are square-cut of very good quality and well machined (i.e., very solid feel, thicker and deeper than other lights in this class). Both male and female threads are anodized which allows the light to be locked out when the middle body is slightly loosened. Thanks to the anodized threads, there is an option to change output levels by twisting the body instead of clicking the tail switch. As supplied, threads are well lubricated. Screw threads action is smooth with no cross-threading or squeaking on my sample.

The pocket clip seems not so strong but stronger than real pens I have. It holds fabric of the shirt pocket well. The clip is removable after taking off the o-ring first on the tailcap. There is a negative contact spring in the tailcap. The tail switch is a reverse clicky and has average tension with a bit short travel. I would suggest you lock the light out so that it does not inadvertently activate if stuffed in the bag or pocket.

The screw threads on the tailcap are also square-cut of good quality and well machined. Both male and female threads are neither anodized nor lubricated. Note that the tailcap part stays fully tight, but the threads portion in the middle of the light needs only to be loosened a very small bit to lock the light out. There is a tiny groove on the rear of the pocket clip that fits into a slightly protruded piece of the rear body. This helps hold the clip on the rear body in place (i.e., the clip is pegged so it will not rotate on the body).
User Interface

There are three constant output levels only. (i.e., no flashing modes).
Press the tail switch until it clicks to turn on the light. (i.e. press and release for on). Press the switch again until it clicks to turn off the light.

With the light turned on, slightly pressing & releasing the switch cycles the output in the following order : Lo -> Med. -> High -> cycle. Also you can cycle through modes by repeatedly clicking (i.e., full pressing & releasing) the tail switch Off/On. There is mode memory, and remembers the last output level used when you turn the light off and back on, (even after a battery change). The light memorizes the output level when it turns off, if you turn it on after 2 seconds break.

Note that you can change the output levels by Loosening/Tightening the body when the light is on.

From left to right, Sanyo Eneloop AAA, Skilhunt Ramble-i, OHLED A3, Eagletac PN20a2, Olight O'Pen. The head size & light weight excluding battery of four lights are as follows :
Ramble-i - 15.5mm / 23g, A3 - 14.0mm / 19g, PN20a2 - 15.7mm / 28g, O'Pen - 10.6mm / 22g

It is good size to hold and can be used as an EDC light. Overall grip is acceptable.

The wall thickness of the body is 1.08mm. The light feel solid. There is a very slight rattle only when shaking the light up and down very hard, but you will not notice it in normal use or carry of the light in real life.
Overall build quality is very high.
Measured Dimensions & Weight

PWM

Relative Output Comparison

The numbers on the above table are not Lumens but Lux, measured at 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on in my home-made integrating box (i.e., those numbers do not directly denote the lumens output comparison). All measured lux values in my integrating box are just converted to relative output percent for each light. You will compare each light's output percent in each column.
Runtime

The runtime to fall to 10% of its initial output from 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on (i.e., based on ANSI FL-1) for High & Med. output is as follows :

1. High output

1) 2xSanyo Eneloop AAA (800mAh) : 42 min.
2) 2xDuracell Ultra AAA : 16 min.
The High output on alkarine does drop much more rapidly than Eneloop. Also runtime on alkarine has relatively quite shorter than Eneloop. I think the O'Pen is highly driven on Hi output, and the regulation on Ni-MH rechargeable cells on Hi is much better than alkarine cells. Note that the head part of the light gets very warm quickly on alkarine cells & on Hi output, so I'd like to suggest you use the light on Hi output for a short time. The runtime on Hi on Eneloop on my test certainly is consistent with the spec. Olight claims.

2. Med. output

1) 2xSanyo Eneloop AAA (800mAh) : 472 min. (7hr 52min)
2) 2xDuracell Ultra AAA : 507 min. (8hr 27min)
Similarly, the Med. output on alkarine does drop more but more slowly than Eneloop. The regulation on Med. is much more stable than High. So the light shows good efficiency on Med. output. The runtime on Med. on both Eneloop and alkarine on my test is consistent with the spec. Olight claims.
Beamshot

1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door on Max. output)

- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/160sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/400sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.5, 1/800sec, Auto white balance

The beam is very floody but the wide hot spot tapers into the side spill. I noticed the slightly bright ring around the outer side of the spill. I assume it's more likely due to the stainless steel bezel ring rather than the smooth reflector.
2. Indoor beamshot (about 0.6m from the target on various outputs)

- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/10sec, Auto white balance

- Ramble-i

- OHLED A3

- PN20a2

- O'Pen
3. Indoor beamshot (about 3.5m from the target on Max. output)

- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/2sec, Auto white balance

- Ramble-i

- OHLED A3

- PN20a2

- O'Pen

4) Indoor beamshot (about 7.0m from the target on Max. output)

- ISO100, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

- Control Shot

- Ramble-i

- OHLED A3

- PN20a2

- O'Pen

Thanks for watching!
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
dmn42 (23.08.2013), Vladimir0vi4 (02.11.2013)
Старый 14.11.2014, 02:04   2
Eye_of_a_Storm
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 27.11.2017 03:00

По умолчанию Re: Olight O'Pen [ XP-G2 R5, 2xAAA Ni-MH or Alkarine ] Review

Как владелец данной модели могу добавить свои впечатления о ней:
Отличный EDC-фонарик. Ношу обычно в кармане джинсов возле наружного края, зацепив за край клипсой.

Плюсы:
- широкая засветка удобна для повседневных целей.
- последовательное включение режимов, безо всяких там малоинтуитивных "средний - слабый - максимальный".
- сужение переднего конца делает ношение фонаря в кармане намного удобнее, нежели фонаря простой цилиндрической формы.
- стальное кольцо на переднем торце.
- надёжное крепление клипсы.

Минусы:
- Главный - слабая пружина кнопки и большая её длина вкупе с сужением верхней части приводят к частым случайным включениям. Очень частым. И в сумке, и при ношении на кармане: присел - складка джинсов включила кнопку.
- непотребное запоминание последнего режима вместо классической схемы, при которой всегда включается сначла слабый режим. Приходится каждый раз перед выключением включать слабый режим, чтобы при следующем включении был именно он.
- нет строба, причём это ещё и подано как достоинство. Лично я этот режим использовал регулярно, а тут его убрали.
- очень "холодный" спектр диода даёт не самую лучшую цветопередачу,- Neutral White был бы куда лучше.

В принципе недостатки вполне терпимы,- кроме склонности к случайным включениям. Пришлось уменьшить высоту кнопки так, чтобы при нажатии в момент щелчка кнопка была вровень с краями задней крышки. Пальцем включается/выключается без проблем, а случайные включения прекратились.

P.S.: Ранее носил Fenix L0D с корпусом на 2 AAA с торцевой кнопкой и клипсой (родной корпус L0D - без кнопки и клипсы, включался закручиванием). Фонарик работает как от 1 х Ni-MH аккумулятора, так и от 1 х Li-ion. Яркость не стабилизирована, чем выше напряжение - тем она выше. От 2 х Ni-MH давал примерно сотню люменов на макксимуме. При переключении режимов меняется по сути относителная яркость (снижается относительно максимального режима при помощи ШИМ. На среднем и слабом режиме заметно мерцание). Собственно именно отсутсвие стабилизации яркости причиняло основные неудобства и побудило искать замену L0D, которая и нашлась в виде O'Pen.
Запасные аккумуляторы носятся с дешёвом однорежимном фонарике на 2 х AAA: и контейнер, и запасной фонарик.

[Исправлено: Eye_of_a_Storm, 14.11.2014 в 02:42]
Eye_of_a_Storm вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 14.11.2014, 08:41   3
PASHA
вечный n00b

Последняя активность: 14.08.2023 21:24
Записей в дневнике: 2

Цитата:
Посмотреть сообщение Сообщение от Eye_of_a_Storm :
- стальное кольцо на переднем торце.
долго пытался понять что это ))
стальной безель

Для меня минус это кнопка обратного клика. В остальном дельный фонарик.
И жаль феникс перестал делать пенлайты, LD05 весьма неплох был внешне.
niki2000 (14.11.2014)
Старый 14.11.2014, 16:40   4
niki2000
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 08.06.2018 11:00

Цитата:
Посмотреть сообщение Сообщение от PASHA :
И жаль феникс перестал делать пенлайты, LD05 весьма неплох был внешне.
Поддержу.
Дома есть LD05, он один из любимых фонариков. И вроде надо на работу такой же, ан нет, нигде уже не купишь...
niki2000 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 15.11.2014, 03:12   5
Eye_of_a_Storm
Увлеченный

2 PASHA: ну да, безель . Вылетело из головы.
А кнопка обратного клика по мне самое то - режимы переключать полунажатием.

Кстати бывают ещё фонарики на 2 батарейки AAAA,- вот это воистину "ручко-фонарики".

[Исправлено: Eye_of_a_Storm, 15.11.2014 в 03:27]
Старый 15.11.2014, 13:23   6
PASHA
вечный n00b

Цитата:
Кстати бывают ещё фонарики на 2 батарейки AAAA,- вот это воистину "ручко-фонарики".
ага, видел, но где эти чудо батарейки брать хз ))
PASHA вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 16.11.2014, 00:41   7
Eye_of_a_Storm
Увлеченный

Из щелочных "крон" (которые 9v) и аккумуляторов.
skorp777 (16.11.2014)
Старый 16.11.2014, 03:24   8
skorp777
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 25.03.2024 08:45

Были у меня ручко-фонари в эпоху ламп накаливания- прикольная вещь,НО все самовключались в кармане, батареек хватало на неделю, и только для освещения кармана. Они и сейчас мне нравятся, но пока на таком фонаре не появится удобная блокировка от самовключения, я тратить деньги на них не собираюсь.Я про фонарь именно в виде ручки, а не такой же как ручка по размерам.Вот именно для такого фонаря было бы лучше включение поворотом "колпачка", кстати. есть авторучки с именно таким включением, вполне удобно.

[Исправлено: skorp777, 16.11.2014 в 03:27]
skorp777 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 16.11.2014, 03:28   9
skorp777
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 25.03.2024 08:45

Цитата:
Кстати бывают ещё фонарики на 2 батарейки AAAA,- вот это воистину "ручко-фонарики"
А можно примеры? Хотяб названия, чтоб в поиск забить и глянуть.
skorp777 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 16.11.2014, 12:13   10
PASHA
вечный n00b

Цитата:
Посмотреть сообщение Сообщение от skorp777 :
А можно примеры? Хотяб названия, чтоб в поиск забить и глянуть.
Sunlite Slim http://powerledlighting.com...
И вот тут еще есть http://www.grainger.com/cat... стримлайт и вествард

А чтобы не самовключался достаточно приоткрутить резьбу. Плюс кнопку обратного клика имхо сложнее самовключить. В Олайте этом как раз обратного клика.

[Исправлено: PASHA, 16.11.2014 в 12:29]
PASHA вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
skorp777 (16.11.2014)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU