Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 7698   Ответов в теме 6   Подписчиков на тему 3   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 11.09.2016, 12:35 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

Arrow Olight S1R Baton (TIR Optic, XM-L2, 1x(R)CR123A) Rechargeable Review

The S1R Baton is a new rechargeable model of the S-series from Olight, featuring wireless charging system, higher max. output, powered by 1xRCR123A or CR123A. The packaging is the clear plastic container. There is an overview of features on the front and back of the packaging. One thing I noticed is that it's very hard to open the package.

S1R comes with removable pocket clip (attached), magnetic USB charging cable, Olight rechargeable 16340 (550mAh) protected cell, lanyard, nice small pouch and user manual.
Manufacturer Specifications from Olight's website & manual :
• Cree XM-L2 LED
• Powered by a 550mAh RCR123 customized battery of five times discharging rate, giving a maximum output up to 900 lumens
• The flashlight can be charged through the magnetic contact charging port (other batteries may also be used in S1R, but cannot be charged)
• New 750mA portable USB charging cable
• Brightness increases or decreases gradually: when the flashlight is switched on/off, it will light up or fade gradually to protect eyes from the stimulation caused by sudden brightness changes
• Flat magnetic tailcap that allows it to be secured to ferrous metal surfaces as a hands-free option
• Lockout mode can be activated on the side switch for accidental triggering protection, along with a low-voltage indicator underneath
• Reverse polarity protection circuits
• Timer Setting : Short (3 minutes) and long (9 minutes)
• The standby current is below 30uA
• Flashlight : 2.6in×0.83in (64mm×21mm)
• Weight : 1.27oz (36g) without batteries

The S1R is very small for the class (i.e., it's a little bigger than the S1, but slightly smaller than the S10). Overall build is similar to the S1 and S10R II I reviewed. The hard (type III) anodizing is a matte black and no flaws on my sample. All labels are sharp and clear in bright white against the black background. The raised checkered pattern is present over most of the battery tube and tailcap. The light has no tail switch. Fit and finish looks very good.

The light has 2 parts. The battery tube is one piece with the head (i.e., uni-body). The pocket clip also works as a good anti-roll device.

The light has a flat stainless steel bezel ring. The head has a clean looking cylindrical design with a hex-shaped neck which provides grip. There's an electronic side switch on the neck for on-off and mode changing. The side switch cap is a silicon. It has a good feel to touch and has short travel, which produces the same clicking sound as the S1. Accidental activation is always a potential concern with electronic switches. The distinctive aspect of the light is an electronic "lock-out" function. This will reduce the potential risk of accidential activation, and you can always physically lock out the light at the tailcap.

There's low-voltage warning indication under the side switch (i.e., the red LED below the switch will light up as the 16340 rechargeable battery is near exhaustion). Note that the low voltage warning isn't working when using CR123A.

The distinctive feature is that the light will light up or fade gradually when switched on-off on High and Turbo.

Like the S1, the negative (-) battery contact in the head has a spring.

The light uses a PMMA (Poly Methyl MethAcrylate or Acrylic Glass ) TIR lens without a reflector. The manufacturer say the emitter is XM-L2 U4.

The pocket clip is sturdy and hold onto the light securely. It is removable and reversible, allowing both bezel-up or bezel-down.

The battery tube is mostly covered in raised checkered portions with three flat faces where manufacturer, model name are printed on, and one of the flat faces where the clip is touching. With the pocket clip attached and other shapes on the head, overall grip is good. The wall thickness of the body tube is 1.5mm. The light feels reasonably solid.

The light came with a custom Olight rechargeable 16340 (550mAh) protected cell. It features over-charge, over-discharge and over-discharge current (up to 5C) protection. Labels are rather extensive in addition to the manufacturer and battery name. Note that the battery does have both positive and negative contact on the traditionally positive end and the opposite side is negative only. In other words, the inner raised contact is positive polarity and the outer contact is actually negative on the one end only. You can use other 16340 (RCR123A) cells of good quality in the light, but are not able to charge them in the light.

Llike the S1, you have to insert the batteries into the light as shown above (i.e., the S1R has the same battery orientation as the Olight S1 and S30R II I reviewed).

The screw threads are square-cut of good quality. Threads are well machined, and anodized which allow the light to be locked-out when the tailcap is slightly loosened. As supplied, threads are well lubricated. Screw threads action is smooth with no cross-threading or squeaking on my review sample. Like the S1, S1A, S15, a few number of screw threads hold the head or tailcap (i.e., two full and a half turns), but I don't experience any issues.

There is a small spring-loaded positive (+) contact, and negative (-) contact ring on the inside of the tailcap. This negative contact ring act as a physical reverse polarity protector. The positive and negative contact design in the tailcap has two intentions : battery charging and battery protection from reverse polarity. Charging take places exclusively within the tailcap part.

True flat-top batteries will not work in the light. There is a magnet in the tailcap and the magnet pull is strong. The light sticks to all the metal objects made with steel. It allows the light to adhere to the vertical or horizontal metal surface. There are two exposed metal parts (i.e., a recessed inner circular contact and an outer ring) on the end of the tailcap. These do connect magnetically to the bundled magnetic charging cable. The magnet helps the tailcap stick to the charging port of the cable securely and stably. The S1R can tailstand stably.

There is a split-ring (or lanyard) attachment hole on the side of the tailcap.
The light has reverse polarity protection to protect from incorrect battery installation in both cases of normal use and charging.
User Interface

There are two modes (i.e., general mode & strobe mode).

1) General mode
On-off and output switching is controlled by the electronic side switch. A quick press and release (i.e., click) turns the light on, and another quick click turns the light off.

Holding down the switch will proceed Low -> Med. -> High -> Turbo, in repeating sequence, when on. To select your desired mode or output level, just release the switch. The light has mode memory, and remembers the last output level used when you turn the light off and back on, even after a battery change. Note that Turbo and High will be memorized for 10mins. only and the light will reset to Med. output automatically.

You can access Moonlight directly from "Off" by a sustained press of the switch for one second. This means Moonlight is a completely separate mode from the above Low, Med., High, Turbo (i.e., you can always turn the light on in the Moonlight mode if you want). Mode cycling and memory work as before, once on.

A double quick click will activate Turbo directly when off. Note that a double quick click and holding the switch will activate Turbo when on.

2) Strobe mode
A triple quick click will activate Strobe directly, whatever mode the light is on (or even off). The strobe has no memory. A single sustained press of the switch will return to the previous output level. A quick click will turn the light off.

3) Lockout-Unlock
Press and hold the switch for two seconds from off, the light shuts itself off after one second of Moonlight mode. You can't turn the light on (i.e., it's in lockout state) until you unlock it by pressing and holding the switch for more than one second.

If you press and hold the switch for less than one second under the lockout mode, the red LED under the switch will be on for about three seconds to indicate that the light is still in lockout mode.

4) Timer setting
The distinctive aspect of the light is a timer setting function.
Double quick click from On will activate "3 mins timer" which is presented as single flash. Another double click from On will activate "9 mins timer" which is presented as two flashes. You can swap between 3 mins and 9 mins timer setting by a double quick click. The light will automatically shut off once the timer is over.

This is the charging setup. It's quite simple.

The charging cable directly attaches to the external tailcap contacts through a strong magnetic connection. You can connect the charging cable to the USB port of your PC directly or to your electric outlet by a AC/DV USB adaptor. But the adaptor was not supplied from Olight, so I use my Galaxy S4 USB adaptor (output DC5.0V, 2A).

A LED indicator on the charging dock shows you two charging status. It lights up constant red under normal charging condition. When charging is complete, it turns to constant green.
Charging in the light
I did harging test with a bundled Olight 16340 (550mAh) in the light, using the USB adaptor (output DC5.0V, 2A). The voltage before, under and after charging are as follows :

The Xtar USB Detector "VI01" was used to measure charging current and input voltage.
The resting voltage was 3.37V. As shown in the above table, the initial charging and input voltage were respectively 0.78A and 5.31V. Note that 0.78A is the max. charging current. After this value, the current started to drop continuously. In my view, this current is somewhat higher than expect, considering that most manufacturers of Li-ion ICR 16340 cells recommend a max. charge rate of about 1C or less. From the low (550mAh) capacity and high charge current, the bundled Olight 16340 looks like IMR. Normally the max. charging rate is 1.5A for IMR 16340.

After 1hr 2mins, the current was down to 0.09A~0.10A. After 1hr 3mins, charging was completed and the LED indicator in the charging dock went green. The resting voltage of the cell was 4.25V at this point. It is somewhat higher charging voltage than expected.
Note that the allowable max. charging voltage for most Li-ion cells is 4.20±0.05volts.

I left the charged cell in the light to see if the light does charge it continuously once fully charged. After about 12hrs 3mins, the resting voltage of the cell was 4.23V. This means the light will not charge the cell after full charge.
Standby Current Drain

Due to the electronic switch design, the S1R is drawing a small current when the battery is installed and the tailcap fully connected. I measured this current as 24.3μA. Considering a 16340 (550mAh), that would translate into around 2.5 years before it would be fully depleted. This is not a concern.
I measured the current under the lockout mode as 24.3μA. So the lockout function seems to have no effect on the standby current.
But I would recommend you store the light physically locked-out at the tailcap when not in use for a long period.

From left to right, Olight S1 (XM-L2, TIR optic), Olight S1R (XM-L2, TIR Optic), Olight S10R II (XP-L HD), Olight S10 (XM-L2). You will see how the S1R compares to other Olight S-series, in appearance. The light is physically distinguishable from the other models.

From left to right, Olight 16340 (550mAh), Olight S1, Olight S1R, Olight S10, Olight S10R II, Sunwayman M11R, Fenix PD22UE.

From left to right, Olight S1, Olight S1R, Olight S10, Olight S10R II, Sunwayman M11R, Fenix PD22UE.

Measured Dimensions

It is good size to hold and use for EDC. The entire light's compact & cylindrical design makes it feel comfortable when held in hand. Overall build quality is excellent.
PWM

The light shows no sign of PWM flicker on Med., High and Turbo. While you will see PWM flicker on Firefly and Low when using a smart-phone camera, but can hardly see it when only waving the light fast. The PWM frequency looks high enough that you will not notice it regular use (i.e., it's not noticeable or disturbing in practice). I notice there is no buzzing sound at any levels.
Runtime

The runtime to fall to 10% of its initial output from 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on (i.e., based on ANSI FL-1) for Turbo is as above graph.

S1R steps down on Turbo on 16340s after about 36 secs runtime. Then, the light steps down gradually taking about 1 min to level off at the High output. This is a timed step-down feature (i.e., not a thermally step-down). After around 1.6 mins, the light enters a period of flat regulation. The AW 16340 (750mAh) gives you a longer runtime than the bundled Olight 16340 (550mAh). There are additional automatic step-downs in output as battery power depletes. With a CR123A, the light doesn't give you max. output as much as a RCR123A (i.e., The initial output on Turbo on CR123A is about 60% of RCR123A in my test). I think this seems to be due to its lower voltage and max. continuous discharge current than the 16340 rechargeable cells. I didn't include this CR123A runtime graph in the above.

Actually, I didn't get the max. Turbo output with an Olight (650mAh) RCR123A (ORB 163P06) came with the Olight S10R II Baton, as its overdischarge current protection kicked in. You may not be able to turn the light on with some protected RCR123A which has lower overdischarge current.

On High, the light maintains perfectly flat regulation for an extended period, before additional automatic step-downs in output as battery power depletes.

Output-runtime efficiency seems excellent in its class.
Beamshot
1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door) on max. output on 1x16340 (750mAh) AW protected cell
- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/25sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/100sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/800sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/2000sec, Auto white balance

The TIR optic gives you a well focused bright hot spot with a less spill which isn't perfectly circular, due to TIR optic at a very close distance (i.e., around ~50cm). As with almost optics, there is little side spill. The overall beam profile is better than expected, and almost the same as the S1 and S1A. The beam has a cool tint, but close to neutral tint in my sample.
2. 3.0m Indoor Beamshot on max. output on 1x16340 (750mAh) AW protected cell
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1/10sec, Auto white balance

3. 7.0m Indoor Beamshot on max. output on 1x16340 (750mAh) AW protected cell
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

The hot spot is wide and well focused for throw. Instead the side spill is minimal.

This is a Moonlight mode showing a very nice lower low output level.
Overall Impressions

• Build quality is excellent
• The light can stably tailstand
• Anti-roll indentations on the body
• Small standby current drain (24.3uA) is inevitable, but not a concern
• Electronic lockout at the switch and physical lockout function at the tailcap
• Possibility of accidental activation from off is reduced
• Physical reverse polarity protection function in both normal use and charging
• True flat-top batteries will not work
• Mode memory for all output levels except Strobe
• Charging a bundled Olight 16340 (550mAh) in the light seems fast and good, but terminated charged voltage (4.25V) is high
• High max. output on Turbo, but last only 30~36 secs
• You can use 1xRCR123A or 1xCR123A
• Output-runtime efficiency is excellent
• True Moonlight mode is available
• Timer setting function
• Low battery warning indication function (i.e., the red LED below the side switch will light up)
• You may not be able to access to Turbo with some RCR123A protected batteries
• Sign of PWM flickers on Moonlight and Low (but, not visible in practice)
• Intended beam pattern for throw with minimal spill
• Overall beam tint is close to cool white

Reviewer's note : I was told that Olight will improve UI and Output mode for S1R. They will launch a new S1R on September 20th. If I'm not wrong, the important updated features are as follows :
1. They add another "Turbo" (600 lumen) between High (300 lumen) and existing Turbo (900 lumen). You will get Turbo (600 lumen) with any compatible batteries.
2. You can access to the existing Turbo (900 lumen) by only a quick double click. This means existing Turbo is hidden and separated from Low (12 lumen), Med. (60 lumen), High (300 lumen) and Turbo (600 lumen).
3. Turbo (900 lumen) will last 60 seconds.
4. You will see the better design of the package

The Olight S1R provided by Olight for review.

[Исправлено: candle lamp, 01.10.2016 в 17:37]
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 29.10.2016, 19:48   2
vorsmann
Ветеринар Фонаревки

Последняя активность: Сегодня 20:11

По умолчанию Re: Olight S1R Baton (TIR Optic, XM-L2, 1x(R)CR123A) Rechargeable Review

900 люмен? да ладно с 16340?
Старый 29.10.2016, 21:42   3
Rocklight
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 01.04.2019 17:22

По умолчанию Re: Olight S1R Baton (TIR Optic, XM-L2, 1x(R)CR123A) Rechargeable Review

Цитата:
Посмотреть сообщение Сообщение от vorsmann :
900 люмен? да ладно с 16340?
Дак а что нет то?! У вас нет секундомера с микросекундной шкалой?!!??!
vorsmann (30.10.2016)
Старый 29.10.2016, 21:43   4
Rocklight
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 01.04.2019 17:22

А вообще волосатая линза это новый тренд!
Rocklight вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 29.10.2016, 21:48   5
_bruno
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 01.03.2024 18:08

а мне нравиться, очень классная реализация 900лм в таком корпусе.
Цитата:
Посмотреть сообщение Сообщение от vorsmann :
да ладно с 16340?
IMR самые обыкновенные, ничего удивительного
_bruno вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 29.10.2016, 21:57   6
Garrik

Последняя активность: Сегодня 21:52

Отправить сообщение для Garrik с помощью ICQ

Цитата:
Посмотреть сообщение Сообщение от Rocklight :
А вообще волосатая линза это новый тренд!
Это царапины. Или ворс сверху линзы. В моих чисто.

ZL (W) H32 custom, H602 custom, H602, H600, H600f, SC60tir, SC62tripl, SC63; SC600, SC600Mk3; Relight;Olight; Tank; EagleTac; Spark; Sun-n; Niteye
+ кучка
Garrik вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 31.10.2016, 15:03   7
Chance
Новичок

Последняя активность: 12.02.2024 14:55

candle lamp, thanks for good review!
Chance вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU