Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 3527   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 05.06.2012, 01:49 Автор темы   1
Новичок

Последняя активность: 03.08.2012 02:53

Отправить сообщение для run4jc с помощью Skype™
По умолчанию Custom Light Smackdown - Mac's EDC versus Download Pocket Rocket (and others)

The Showdown – Mac’s EDC Versus Download’s Pocket Rocket

FYI – this is a LONG review with many, many photos and charts. I put quite a bit of time and effort into it – suggestions and comments (or criticism or compliments ) are always welcome!

(Disclaimer….the measurements taken in this review are not claimed to be 100% accurate, although the RELATIONSHIP between the measurements is accurate. The opinions stated in the review are just that – MY opinions. One of the beauties of this forum is the wide range of preferences and opinions, and as it relates to each individual, we are ALL correct! A beauty of the flashlight industry is that there are so many different choices – there’s something for everyone. This review/commentary is simply a report of my opinions and readings, as well as some photos for your consideration and hopeful enjoyment. There – disclaimer out of the way!)

My good friend Barbarian was kind enough to part with a couple of his prize lights – I was fortunate enough to add them to my collection. The HAIII, aluminum Download Pocket Rocket with an SST-50 driven at 2.8A with a tint of 6500k, and a Mac’s Customs Bare Aluminum EDC with clip – also an SST-50 driven at 2.8A with a tint of 4500k. These lights seemed perfect for a comparison test.

But to make it more interesting, I decided to add a few of my other lights (heck, while taking the photos, why not!?)

They include:

Spy Tri-V (tested with 2 different programs)
Haiku XPG
Haiku XRE
Sundrop XRU (no beam shots)
Makai

And of course, the Pocket Rocket and the EDC.

I used a small area of my patio for the beam shots – there is a tree in my backyard area about 5 feet behind the fence – that is my target. The tree is about 30 feet from the camera. In order to capture the full beam and spill of each light I used my 10-22mm Canon wide angle lens at 10mm – the 35mm equivalent of 17mm. The camera is a Canon EOS 40D – shutter at 6 seconds, f/11, ISO 1000.

You'll find specs for each light along with the photos, then there are a couple of charts at the end of the review that summarize everything.

First up is Download's Pocket Rocket - HAIII, reverse clicky, 2.8A driving a 6500k SST-50. My sphere measures 19 lumen low, 133 medium, 420 high.

Really nice looking light - a bit too smooth for my big hands to get a good hold on it, but holes provided in the tail for a lanyard. Uses an 18650 battery, and with battery weighs 4.05 ounces

It is an amazing light for the money!!

Next up is a light that has caused quite a stir - the 5th release of this light just closed. This particular version is bare aluminum with a clip, forward clicky, 2.8A driving an SST-50 at 4500k. Very clean little light, and in aluminum with battery (IMR 16340) weighs 2.85 ounces. The ridges and texture make it easy for me to hold, although, like the PR, on high it can get warm - I suppose a positive sign the the aluminum is dissipating the heat well.

In my sphere it measures 20 lumen lo, 128 medium, 438 high.

A size comparison(s)

Throw in a couple of gorgeous Haikus

And then the entire party...

Here's the area in daylight:

Beam shots

Side by side

I find these photos interesting.
PR left - EDC right

Reversed positions

Perhaps it would be interesting to see how some other lights compare? Let's start with some McGizmos

Here's a treat - the Cool Fall Spy Tri-V - first up are all 6 default settings

I worry that this will burn a hole through the tree!!

Now, for fun, the "shock and awe" settings...remember, this is a light smaller than a deck of playing cards!!

Don't get in front of that thing!!

Tri-V default levels 2-6

Just for fun....

Couple of comparisons..Tri V versus EDC

Here is a summary of all of the lights shown (plus a couple of extras) - weights and lumen ratings. The chart is labeled for reference.

And finally, here's a SUBJECTIVE (except for weight, lumen ratings and price) chart of ratings, weights based on what is important to me.

So, the verdict? For me, the weight, size, tint and 'feel' in my hand lead to my preferring the Mac's EDC. You may feel otherwise, but maybe this review will give you something new to think about.

Thanks for reading!
run4jc вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
dead_skif (05.06.2012)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU