Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 3359   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 05.06.2012, 01:43 Автор темы   1
Новичок

Последняя активность: 03.08.2012 02:53

Отправить сообщение для run4jc с помощью Skype™
По умолчанию A review of a jewel - the Sapphire 25

Many have discovered the Sapphire long before me, and many of those owners have expressed their pleasure with the little light – the typical McGizmo quality, the usefulness of the light, the absolutely bulletproof design and construction.

I, on the other hand, had not yet picked up one of these little jewels. I’ve never been a big fan of AA or AAA lights – my preference is lights that use the RCR123.

But that changed last week. Considering the fact that I own all of Don’s lights other than the Sapphire, it was time to get one.

Yesterday it arrived. Wow. Not much else to say for this normally verbose reviewer. It is just an amazing little package. I immediately tested it in my home made integrating sphere, and it measured 5 lumen. I know, I know, that doesn't sound like a lot, but this light isn't intended to be a throw monster or provide a huge flood. My interpretation of its intent is to be a highly reliable, always at-the-ready source of smooth, floody light. To that end, it over achieves. And if you don't think 5 lumen is much, just twist on this little guy on in the middle of the night in a dark room....you'll see just how bright that can be!

As for run times, it would require great patience to know the run time. McGizmo tested it within this post, and it was still at full brightness after 6 hours (!!) on an ordinary Duracell alkaline...Don said it was still lit after 22 hours!! I think it is safe to say that this light will be ready when you need it, and should it begin to die, just pick up another AAA!

What I haven’t located in any of the existing posts was a size comparison or a beam shot. So please consider the following photos.

Here it is with a group of popular custom lights - readers of this review are bound to own one - the Ti Clicky, Makai, Sapphire and the Haiku:

Next to the Clicky

With the Haiku

The Makai on a 1x123 McClicky Pak

A close up of the little emitter...

Some more photos showing the beautiful lines of the titanium head and body

Don's attention to details...

The finish of the rim

And the threads - forgive the lint on the threads!

A look down the battery tube...

Don't you love the lines of the little light?

Look at the nice little beam...

Little light in a big hand...

If I had one wish, it would be that Don would make a version that has a variable interface, a la Surefire T1A. Oh, I know, it would cost more, but it would be worth it to me!

Still, if you need a key chain light, or just a really small, virtually indestructible light that runs on 1 AAA battery, this may be the ticket.

Granted, $150 is no small entry fee for a small key chain light, but I think Don said it best, so here's a quote from his standing wave post:

"Granted the price is not conducive to any mainstream acceptance at least based on current perceptions of needs. However it is my hope that there are enough people out there who have disposable income that they spend on personal EDC gear and jewelry who might come to realize that in the long run, they can indeed receive utility commensurate with the price. Hopefully they will appreciate the durability, dependability and lack of maintenance needs the Sapphire has to offer; unobtrusive and there when it is needed. A sapphire is considered a semi precious stone and one that is not prone to damage when exposed. It is my hope that this Sapphire light can earn a similar perception."

Wow. Well said.

My good friend Scout24 tells me that he has dropped, kicked and abused (unintentionally) his Sapphires, and they are none the worse for wear. They just work - as we have all come to realize is true of all McGizmos.

As for me, I do appreciate the attributes that Don mentions enough that perhaps some of my family will find a small "Sapphire" in their Christmas stocking this year! Bravo, Don!

run4jc вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU