Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 2753   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 03.06.2012, 10:38 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 21.04.2015 12:00

По умолчанию Beamtech T6 - First Thoughts

Old Review

I recently did a hunt for a cheap, bright light to keep in my car. I decided on the Beamtech T6 from DX.

Specs from DX:

Brand: BeamTech
Model: T6
Emitter Brand/Type: Cree
Emitter BIN: XM-LT6
Color BIN: White
Total Emitters: 1
Battery Configurations: 2 x 18650 Rechargeable Battery (not included)
Voltage Input: 4.5~18V
Switch Type: Clicky/Clickie
Switch Location: Tail-cap
Modes: 5
Mode Memory: Yes
Mode Arrangement: High > Mid > Low > Fast Strobe > SOS
Circuitry: Digital Regulated 2200mA Current Output
Brightness: 850 lumens maximum brightness (manufacturer rated)
Runtime: 90min at high mode
Lens: Coated Glass Lens
Reflector: Aluminum Smooth/SMO Reflector
Carrying Clip: -
Carrying Strap: Strap Included
Dimensions: 9.06 in x 2.20 in x 2.20 in (23.0 cm x 5.6 cm x 5.6 cm)
Weight: 10.34 oz (293 g)

So far, I've found these specs to be accurate. One of the things I really wanted from this light was versatility of battery options. This light claimed to be able to operate anywhere from 4.5 to 18 V. I've successfully run it on 1x18650, 2xCR123, 2xRCR123, 2x18650, 4xCR123, and 4xRCR123, so it seems like the voltage range claimed is believable. I know that DX lights tend to have overrated lumen outputs, and I don't have equipment to measure the current draw or the output on different battery configurations, but right now I've got it on 4xCR123 (which I plan to use regularly) and it does seem about twice as bright as the max on my Sunwayman V20C, which is rated for 438 lumens. This light is bright--it lights up my living room much better than my lamp with a 30W light bulb.

The Beamtech T6 has 5 modes, as listed, High-Med-Low-Strobe-SOS. It does have mode memory. This is a little annoying on this light with strobe and SOS as part of the regular cycle (instead of requiring holding the switch or fast double clicking or something) because I'll use the light on low and turn it of when I'm done, then the next time I use it, it comes on in strobe mode.

The construction of the light seems pretty solid. The light has three main sections: The tail cap, an optional 18650 size extender, and the bezel/first battery compartment. So, the result is that this light always seems like it can be tightened a little more. Every area has on o-ring, but I doubt that it's very waterproof. Splashproof, maybe, but not dunkproof.

I did find two flaws in the build of the light. One was that on arrival, I noticed that a piece of something was sticking out between the main section of the light and the extender tube. When I unscrewed it, I found that a part of the o-ring had gotten caught in the threads while they were being tightened and torn it a bit (but not all the way). Again, I'm not really expecting this light to be too waterproof.

The other flaw I found was that the lens was a little loose. To solve this I took apart the head assembly. When I did that, I noticed a sort of scuff mark on the emitter that came off when I wiped it gently with a cloth. When put the head back together, I just didn't screw the LED quite as far into the reflector. This made the reflector sit a little higher, and tightened the gap between the lens and the bezel. As far as I can tell, the beam quality didn't suffer from the movement of the emitter.

The emitter is fairly well centered, but not perfect. The reflector is smooth, non-textured, but the beam doesn't seem to have any artifacts. I also think the tint is pretty nice (though I may have just gotten lucky).

As you can see, the beam has a good flood with a well-defined spot. When I get the chance to go outside with it, I'll take some long distance beam shots. It seems to have a good balance of flood and throw, leaning a little to throw.

Both ends of the batter compartment have springs for battery contact, so it should work with button-top or flat-top cells, but I can't guarantee that because I don't have any flat-tops to test in there.

As you can see in the first picture of the light, the head does have some fun grooves cut in the sides that act as a sort of anti-roll, but don't do a great job of it. If you set the light down carefully on a flat surface, it will stay put, but if you drop it then it will roll away.

Here's a size comparison of the light with and without the extender.

The tailcap is a reverse clicky with a pretty nice feel to it, the travel feels about right. It has three raised sections that act as a tripod for the tailstand.

Summary: This light is a great alternative to the more expensive name brand big lights. It doesn't have the build quality of a name brand, but if you don't need it to withstand heavy abuse regularly, it will do well.

Pros: Bright. Many battery configuration options. Five modes including strobe and SOS. Feel solid. Bright. Removable extender. Nice beam even with non-textured reflector. Tailstands. Not expensive. Bright. Kind of intimidating.

Cons: Probably not waterproof. A few quality issues. Rolls. Mode memory can bring you on in strobe or SOS. "Beamtech" doesn't sound as unique as my second choice, the "Fandyfire".
Bigmac_79 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU