Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 4489   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 1   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 14.11.2011, 05:33 Автор темы   1
Новичок

Последняя активность: 29.05.2013 21:02

По умолчанию 4sevens Quark 123 High CRI XP-G Review

Hey everyone! Here's my review of a Quark 123 High CRI XP-G. This light was sent to me by 4sevens for review purposes.

Here are the specifications for this light (taken from 4sevens website)-

NOTE- "The specifications below are for the original Quark 123. The high CRI outputs will be slightly less."

"Specifications:

Powered by: 1 CR123A battery (included)
LED Emitter: Premium Cree XP-G High CRI (85+)
Voltage range: 0.9V ~ 4.2V
Dimensions-
Length: 3.2 inches
Diameter: 0.86 inches
Weight: 1.4 ounces

5 Current Regulated Output Levels
Flash modes: Strobe, SOS, Beacon
Square threads for lifetime smooth operation
Type 111 Hard Anodized finish
Fully knurled
Flexible & secure finger grip accessory
IPX-8 Waterproofing
Impact-resistant glass lens with Dual-coating – sapphire coating on the outside and anti-reflective coating on the inside for optimal efficiency and durability.
T-6061 Aircraft-grade Aluminum Body
Stands on Tail (candle mode)
Reverse-polarity protection
Included accessories: 4Sevens CR123A battery, lanyard, holster, finger-grip, spare o-rings, instructions manual.

Typical Output Levels and Runtimes + (LED drive current)

Moonlight: 0.2 lumens for 15 days, (1ma)
Low: 4 OTF lumens for 2.5 days (10ma)
Medium: 22 OTF lumens for 13 hours (50ma)
High: 85 OTF lumens for 2.7 hours (250ma)
Max: 205 OTF lumens for 0.8 hours (700ma)
Strobe: 205 OTF lumens for 1.6 hours
Beacon: 0-205 OTF lumens pulse for 12 hours

Operation:

Operating your Quark 123 is simple. Make sure its batteries are inserted with the positive side (+) toward the head. Ensure the bezel (the ‘head’ of the light) and tailcap are tightened, then depress the tailcap button fully so that it ‘clicks’ and the light turns on.

The two most commonly used modes are Max and Moonlight, the highest and lowest modes. To access Max, you simply tighten the bezel. To access Moonlight, you just loosen the bezel a half-turn. That’s it.

You can also cycle through the Quark’s other modes just as easily. Lightly depress the button momentarily (you don’t need to ‘click’ it off) and the output will switch to the next mode. The mode sequence is determined by whether the bezel is tightened or loosened:

Loosened Bezel: Moonlight-> Low -> Medium -> High -> SOS -> Beacon

Tightened Bezel: Max -> Strobe

Once the Quark has been turned off for at least three seconds, it will revert to the first level of output in the sequence, either Moonlight or Max.

Warranty:

4Sevens warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship. We will repair or replace, at our option, without charge, any product or part which is found to be defective under normal use and service within 120 months from the date of purchase with proof of purchase. Such repair or replacement shall be the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy under this warranty. This warranty does not cover normal maintenance and service and does not apply to any products or parts which have been subject to modification, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident or improper maintenance or repair by anyone other than 4Sevens."

Here are some images of this light. Most of you are aware of what this light looks like, but for those of you who are not, here you go:

Green Packaging:

Left to right- Quark 123-2, Quark 123 and CR123A battery:

Notice the difference in color of the phosphor coating on the warmer tinted high CRI Quark (far right). Neutral white in the center and cool white on the far left. The darker phosphor is the only visible exterior difference when comparing the high CRI Quark to cool white and neutral white Quarks. Of course the difference is apparent when the light is turned on :

Now for my out the front (OTF) lumen results for this light. For those of you who aren't aware, I have my own calibrated homemade integrating sphere (I have two, actually) for measuring lumen output of different lights. My sphere's have been calibrated using lights that were measured in a professional lab sphere, so my lumen results are very accurate. However, due to common variables such as temperature differences, battery charge state differences, and even differences within the components used within each and every light, you should only use my results as an example of what one sample outputs in OTF lumens. If you purchase one of these lights I'm sure the output would be similar, provided all variables are similar, but your light may not produce exactly the same output as this sample. The output could be less, the output could be more, it just depends.

That's out of the way, so now onto the charts:

And now it's time for some comparison beam shots. CRI stands for 'color rendering index', and the purpose of a light source with a higher CRI level is so the user can distinguish colors better, however, tint color of the light source also plays a role in how certain colors appear to the human eye, so when comparing different sources against one another to try and determine which source provides better color rendering, it's really only fair to compare light sources of the same temperature/tint. So that's what I have done, however, I did take images of other tinted lights that I'll include in this thread. I'll post small images of the beam shots below. You can click on these images to view full size and to open multiple images to compare side by side.

I have also created some .gif's to ease the comparison process for the warmer tinted lights, and those will be posted in full size below the following clickable thumbnail images.

I'd also like to note that the white balance was set to Daylight for all images below and was not changed from image to image:

Morning Sunlight:

Quark High CRI XP-G:

Quark Limited Warm XP-G:

Quark XP-E NW Limited Run, Tint = 5A or 5B:

Quark XP-G NW Custom, Tint = 3A or 3C (I swapped emitter in this light, so it's a custom):

Quark XP-G NW (this is the most recent NW run and tint binning is not specified by 4sevens):

Quark XP-G S2 Cool White Version:

Now for full sized .gif's comparing the warmer tinted sources to themselves:

Morning Sunlight vs Quark High CRI XP-G:

Morning Sunlight vs Quark Warm Limited Run XP-G:

Quark High CRI XP-G vs Quark Warm Limited Run XP-G:

So I’ve presented the data for you, now it's up to you to make up your mind :thumbsup:.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my review, and hopefully it was helpful.
ti-force вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Admin (14.11.2011), fnksb (14.11.2011), John Jack (15.11.2011), Mitt (18.11.2011)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU