Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews Headlamps. Flashlight Reviews.
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 9307   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 27.09.2014, 17:51 Автор темы   1
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 31.01.2024 20:19

По умолчанию Olight H25 Wave review (800 lm, XM-L2 NW)

Greetings All.

This review will be dedicated to the newest (and the most powerful yet) headlight from Olight, the Olight H25 Wave.

So, what's special about it?

The flashlight have some features, that differentiate it from most of the competition.

1. 800 lumen brightness. A really high brightness from a headlight. That's not record breaking, but very bright, and because of the powerpack for a very long time (more about it later)
2. External battery pack. The headlight is being powered by external powerpack, that can be clipped to a belt by a massive stainless steel clip. The battery pack contains 4 18650 lithium cells, 2s2p arranged. The battery back can be also used as powerbank, supplying a very healthy current of 2.5 amperes.
3. Unique hands-free control. The headlight can be controlled by waving a hand in front of it. A very useful feature when your hands are dirty/busy.

Let's start!

The headlight is being sold in a large carton box. The flashlight with the battery pack itself weigh 451 gram, but the box also contains a battery charger.

The package contains the headlight, charger, manual and a commercial of the current Olight models.

The manual contains a very important detail about the flashlight - a run-time graph for the maximum 800 lumen mode. We can see that after 10 minutes the brightness drops from 800 to 400 lumens, and stays at this setting for several hours.

The battery pack feels very solid and high quality plastic is being used. There is a status indicator that lights when a button is pressed (it can be pressed thru the flexible "door"). The light is green when there is more than 70% left, orange between 20-70% and red when it's below 20%. There is a USB output that can be used as powerbank, regardless of the headlight state. The USB output can supply up to 2.5A - a very nice feature, that not every dedicated powerbank has.

When I was examining the battery pack, I noticed a flexible "thingies". I could remove one pretty easy using my nails, and found a standard Phillips head below it. I think that it's very nice, as the battery pack can maybe be serviced and upgraded to a larger capacity cells.

The charger looks like a power supply that modern laptop computers have. It has an indicator that lights red when charging a battery and green when the battery is charged.

Here is the headlight itself. The part that is being mounted on the head is very light and comfortable. The belts are wide (wider than on the H15S), and the headlight can be hardly felt on the head. The mounting device is made of plastic, as the front part of the flashlight. The back of the flashlight is made of aluminum. The button is hard enough, I don't think it can be accidentally be pressed.

Here are some more pictures, and comparisons with a "younger brother" - the H15S and with ZL600 MK2. Why Olight have dismissed the excellent built in diffuser is a mystery to me - I am using the H15S a lot, and most of the time with the diffuser applied. The reflector is deeper and wider than of the ZL. The anti-reflective coating can be easily seen.

Here are some more pictures, to get a better proportions. The cell is obviously 18650 Xtar cell.

The headlight itself also has the flexible things - that can be removed for servicing (upgrading?) the headlight. The back of the flashlight is made from aluminum.

Using the Headlight

As I stated before, the flashlight can be hardly felt on the head - it's very light and comfortable. The wave interface works well. As a person thet got used to using it on the H15S I can recommend not to forget to close your eyes when turning the flashlight on/off, as the light will be reflected from the hand straight to your eyes.
Short click turns the flashlight at max, then medium, low and off. If you press and hold the button for a while when the headlight is on, the WAVE interface is disabled. When the flashlight was turned off by the button you can turn it on only by the button. Power-bank can work in any flashlight state.
I compared the H25 with ZL 600W, and the tint seemed to be greener. Without comparison to other lights, it looks pretty white. Outside (not while white-wall hunting) the beam is OK, no visible tint/artifacts.

Some numbers (lux from a meter)

Flashlight/Mode | Low | Mid | High
H15S Diffuser opened | 80 | 510 | 1560
H15S Diffuser closed | 24 | 150 | 440
H25 | 450 | 3400 | 10000
Thrunite TN 12 2014 (1050 lm) | 2 | 2670 | 10000

It looks like the flashlight specs are true

Beamshots

H15S

H25

The tree is in a distance of about 60 meters.
The flashlight surprised me for good in real life. There is no visible tint, a very bright side-spill and good throw.

Conclusion

A good headlight, I think it's more a work instrument than a regular flashlight. I am sure that many will find it's many unique features very useful.
I just wish it would have a built in diffuser like the H15S has.

I would like to thank Olight for supplying the flashlight for the review.
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU