Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews Headlamps. Flashlight Reviews.
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 13747   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 10.09.2014, 20:49 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

По умолчанию Fenix HL50 (XM-L2 T6 Neutral White, CR123A or 1xAA) Review

Fenix has released a new headlamp HL50 that make use of dual battery configurations (i.e., 1xCR123A or 1xAA battery). A nice feature of the HL50 is that it comes bundled with a 1xAA battery extension tube.

It comes with a headband, spare o-ring, 1xAA battery extension tube, user manual and warranty card.
Manufacturer Specifications from Fenix website & manual :

• Utilizes Cree XM-L2 T6 neutral white LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
• Uses one 3V CR123A Lithium battery or AA (Ni-MH, Alkaline) battery
• 63.8mm×32mm×30mm (2.51inch x 1.26inch x 1.18inch)
• 57-gram(1.83oz)weight (excluding battery)
• Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
• Reverse polarity protection to protect from improper battery installation
• All-function switch in the head for easy and fast operation
• High output burst mode
• Made of quality aluminum alloy and stainless steel
• Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
• Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating

The above-mentioned parameters (lab-tested by Fenix using CR123A battery and 2500mAh AA Ni-MH battery) are approximate and may vary between headlamps, batteries and environments.

The above pictures are for 1xCR123A configuration. You can use only 1x3.0V CR123A (i.e., 1x16340 Li-ion 3.7V cell is not supported).
The hard (type III) anodizing is a matt black and consistent throughout with no chips or blemishes to be found on my sample. Labels are fairly minimal and not bright, but clearly legible against the black background.

Here is a comparison picture between HL50 in 1xCR123A configuration with HL10 (powered by 1xAAA battery). As with the HL10, the HL50 is quite petite for its class.

The light has 2 parts (i.e. integral head-battery tube, tailcap).

The 1xAA extension tube is composed of the plastic sleeve and the metal tube.

If you want to use 1xAA battery, just connect the extension tube. But note that 1xNi-MH or 1xAlkarine or 1xLithium battery is only available to use in the light (i.e., 1x14500 Li-ion 3.7V cell is not supported).

Here is how it looks in 1xAA configuration with an extension tube installed.

Here is a comparison picture between HL50 in 1xAA configuration with HL10 (powered by 1xAAA battery).

The light has electronic control switch on the head. The switch cover has a textured boot cover, and slightly protruded (i.e., easy to access). Like the HL10, it has a firmer switch feel, requiring a more definite click to activate. Feel of the switch is good for this type, with audible click as you make contact.

There is a stainless steel bezel in front of the lens to protect it from its scratching or damage. There are cooling fins for heat dissipation on the opposite side of the lens.

The purple hue is reflected on the AR coating glass lens. XM-L2 T6 neutral white emitter is almost perfectly centered on my sample. But it does not seem to affect the beam quality or make artifacts in the beam. Scroll down to the bamshots.

The battery tube has a clean cylindrical tube design with two flat faces machined on where manufacturer & model name are printed. There is no knurling on the tube, and it has a small notches on both ends of the battery tube to be properly attached on the metal clip.

Base of the tailcap has a simple gold-plated spring. Thanks to the flat base of the tailcap, the HL50 can tailstand stably. Unlike the HL10, HL50 has no split-ring attachment point on the tailcap end.

The positive contact in the head has a physical reverse polarity protection.

The screw threads are good quality triangular-cut. My sample has no lube on the threads of both main and extension tube, so the threads are somewhat stiff when tightening or loosening the tailcap. I had to clean the threads first and apply some lube to them. Like the HL10, tail threads are not anodized, so tail lockout is impossible.

There is are headband, metal holder and small extra retaining ring.
The holder is composed of the clip and bracket. The clip holds the headlamp tightly in place and allows for angle adjustment. As you expect, there is a potential risk of scratching the headlamp when pulling it off or fitting it into the clip. On the back of the bracket each end has a headband strap clip. This allows you to fit easily and remove the headband for replacement or washing at any time.

At first sight, I just thought the extra retaining ring was made to prevent losing the haedlamp and it will serve as a secondary holder. But the user manual says that "remove the lighting head from the headlamp holder and detach the light from the headband for using HL50 as a keychain light." This means the extra retaining ring is removable and can be used as a tool for key-chain light or handheld light. But the HL50 with the extra retaining ring may be too big to carry or inconvenient for EDC, in my view. It will be better to make a split-ring attachment point on the tailcap end.
[New 14.07.09]

I don't know if there is any other clip fits the HL50 perfectly. Both LD10 and LD12 clip works well on the HL50 (not perfectly) when I tried out to find the clip on HL50. [New 14.07.09]

There are nice stoppers for adjusting the strap.

Here are the CR123A and AA configuration with headband.

The single headband is good quality, and worked well in my testing. It holds the headlamp securely (both within the metal holder and strapped to your head), but still allows for accurate positioning.

You can adjust the angle in the holder. The angle adjustment is about 180 degrees and is not moved at any point during use.

From left to right, Panasonic CR123A, Fenix E15, Fenix HL50, Olight S10, Spark SG3, Sunwayman M11R. The head size & light weight excluding battery of the lights are as follows : E15 - 19.7mm / 23g, HL50 - 23.0mm / 30g, S10 - 23.1mm / 42g, SG3 - 24.0mm / 41g, M11R - 23.1mm / 46g.

From left to right, Sanyo Eneloop AA (2000mAh), Fenix HL50, Spark SG5, Olight S15, Armytek Partner A1, Fenix LD12. The head size & light weight excluding battery of the lights are as follows : HL50 - 23.0mm / 38g, SG5 - 24.0mm / 44g, S15 - 23.0mm / 45g, Partner A1 (XM-L) - 24.0mm / 56g, LD12 - 21.5mm / 53g.

The headlamp is compact. The size is neither too small nor too large. The build quality seems excellent.
Standby Current Drain

Due to the electronic switch, there is going to be a standby current drain when a battery is installed. I measured this current with a CR123A as 24.8~45.9uA. Assuming an average current of 35.4uA and considering CR123A (1400mAh) capacity, that would give you around 4.5 years before battery would be completely drained. The drain is absolutely nothing to worry about on CR123A. I, however, recommend you keep a battery separate from the headlamp when not in use for a long time as there is no tail lock-out feature. As an aside, if you loosen the tailcap about five full turns, you will make the HL50 lock-out. But be careful not to lose your tailcap.
User Interface

There are four constant output levels (i.e., no flashing mode).
The headlamp is turned on by quick clicking the switch. Press and hold the switch for 0.5 seconds to turn off the headlamp.

Give a quick click of the switch to advance through outputs when on, which proceed in sequence from Low -> Med. -> High, in repeating sequence. Press and hold the switch for one second to activate burst mode from "off" or "on". When the switch is released, the headlamp returns to the previous mode (i.e., the burst mode is only available in momentary mode). However, you will find that changing burst mode from "On" turns the headlmap off first, just before activating burst mode (i.e., activating burst mode from "On" should take longer than from "Off"). The headlamp has mode memory, and remembers the last output level used when you turn the headlamp off and back on, (even after a battery change). Note that the headlamp has mode memory for the non-Burst modes.
Measured Dimensions & Weight

PWM

The headlamp shows no sign of PWM at any output level. It seems the headlamp is constant current controlled. I notice there is no buzzing sound at any level.
Runtime

As always, my standard runtimes are done on Panasonic CR123A and Snayo Eneloop AA (2000mAh) cells, under fan cooling. I had done runtime with Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA as well for this review. I had not done runtime on Burst mode, because it's a momentary mode makes you to hold the switch down all through the runtime.

The HL50 performs well for High mode. Overall efficiency and regulation of the HL50 is good on CR123A, Ni-MH AA and Lituium AA batteries. Seems good on Alkarine AA as well. I think this is consistent with good quality current controlled circuit.
[New 14.07.15]

You will find the difference in the tint and the angle of the beam roughly from the above (auto white balance).
[New 14.07.15]
Beamshot

1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door on Max. output on Panasonic CR123A)
- ISO100, F/3.2, 1/250sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.2, 1/500sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.2, 1/1000sec, Auto white balance

2. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door on Max. output on Sanyo Eneloop AA)
- ISO100, F/3.2, 1/250sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.2, 1/500sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/3.2, 1/1000sec, Auto white balance

The HL50's beam doesn't look appreciably different from other XM-L or XM-L2 lights in this class. The medium sized hotspot is well focused and its tint is slightly yellow hue on my sample. A soft corona surrounds the bright hotspot and the spill beam is clean with no artifacts. The overall beam profile is good. The beam has a typical warm tint which you can not tell above, due to the auto white balance. My review sample is actually neutral white in tint.
3. Indoor beamshot (about 90cm & 40cm from the target on Low output on Sanyo Eneloop)
- ISO100, F/3.2, 1/6sec, Auto white balance (90cm)

- ISO100, F/3.2, 1/6sec, Auto white balance (40cm)

It's useful to read book or newspaper or map on Low mode. There is no lower Low mode.
4. Indoor beamshot (about 3.5m from the target on High output on Panasonic CR123A)
- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/2sec, Auto white balance

5. Indoor beamshot (about 3.5m from the target on High output on Sanyo Eneloop)

6. Indoor beamshot (about 7.0m from the target on High output on Panasonic CR123A)

7. Indoor beamshot (about 7.0m from the target on High output on Sanyo Eneloop)

The Fenix HL50 was supplied by Fenix for review.
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Tim_ON (15.09.2014), vlad (23.12.2014)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU