Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 2612   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 18.02.2016, 02:31 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 18.02.2016 02:43

По умолчанию Review: Olight M1X Striker (1x18650, 2xCR123)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Statement for Transparency and Disclosure
The test sample/s featured in this article have been provided for technical testing and review by the manufacturer. Test samples are retained by the reviewer following publication of the completed review for the purposes of long term testing and product comparisons.

All output figures and test results published in this review are the sole work of the reviewer, and are carried out independently and without bias. Test results are reported as found, with no embellishments or alteration. Though best endeavours are made to maintain the accuracy of test equipment, the accuracy of these results is not guaranteed and is subject to the test equipment functioning correctly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updating their M18 Striker, Olight have created the M1X Striker which is listed under a section of ‘Self Defence’ lights. With a very aggressive strike bezel, the M1X certainly looks the part.

Taking a more detailed look:

The M1X Striker in its box.

As well as the M1X you get two spare o-rings, wrist lanyard and the instructions.

Immediately you see why this is in the self-defence section.

Rather than traditional knurling, the M1X has a very nice pattern of squares cut into the body and tail for grip.

A steel clip is supplied fitted. The clip can be taken off and fitted the other way round.

The head has a set of cooling fins.

And there is that strike bezel. Deeply cut, this is a very prominent feature. The bezel is not a screw in feature, on the front of the head, but is integral to the front section of the head. The front of the head is thread-locked into place as it does not want to unscrew.

The tail switch is a protruding tactical style switch.

The side switch is low profile.

A view of the contacts inside the tail-cap.

Fully anodised square cut threads are used for the tail-cap.

Inside view of the battery tube and positive contact spring.

A CR123 holder is supplied with the M1X to prevent cell rattle, or you can use an 18650.

The M1X uses an XM-L2 LED

This XM-L2 LED sits in a smooth reflector.

As supplied the clip is in the bezel up position.

The clip can be pulled off and fitted in the tail up position. It does mark the anodising in the clip groove, but this is unavoidable really.

The beam

Please be careful not to judge tint based on images you see on a computer screen. Unless properly calibrated, the screen itself will change the perceived tint.
The indoor beamshot is intended to give an idea of the beam shape/quality rather than tint. All beamshots are taken using daylight white balance. The woodwork (stairs and skirting) are painted Farrow & Ball "Off-White", and the walls are a light sandy colour called 'String' again by Farrow & Ball. I don't actually have a 'white wall' in the house to use for this, and the wife won't have one!

Starting indoors, it is obvious that the strike bezel affects the outer spill, with clear crenulations in the spill edge. Despite the height of the bezel crenulations, the spill is still wide enough for close range use.

The hotspot is focussed enough to give good range, and wide enough not to give tunnel vision.

Modes and User Interface:

There are 5 constant modes, Turbo, High, Mid, Low and Moonlight plus a Strobe mode.

Access to these modes is via the two switches. The tail-cap switch is a forward clicky with momentary operation, and the side switch is an electronic click switch.

Using only the tail-cap switch you have access to the ‘last used mode’, Turbo and Strobe. Half pressing or fully clicking the tail-cap switch turns ON the last used mode. This includes Strobe and Moonlight modes, but does not include the direct access Turbo or Strobe.

For direct access Turbo, double-tap the tail-cap switch and either use this as a momentary mode, or fully click the switch to hold on Turbo. As mentioned previously, this direct access Turbo does not count as the last used mode.

For direct access Strobe, Triple-tap the tail-cap switch and either use this as a momentary mode, or fully click the switch to hold on Strobe. As mentioned previously, this direct access Strobe does not count as the last used mode.

It is possible to directly access Moonlight by pressing and holding the side switch and then press the tail-cap switch.

In normal operation with the M1X switched on, pressing the side switch cycles through Mid, High, Turbo, Low… (Moonlight is NOT in this cycle).

At any time the M1X is ON, press and hold the side switch for 2s to enter Strobe. Accessed this way, Strobe is remembered as the last used mode. To exit Strobe press the side switch to return to the constant output.

Batteries and output:

The runs on 2x (R)CR123 or 1x18650.

To measure actual output, I built an integrating sphere. See here for more detail. The sensor registers visible light only (so Infra-Red and Ultra-Violet will not be measured).

Please note, all quoted lumen figures are from a DIY integrating sphere, and according to ANSI standards. Although every effort is made to give as accurate a result as possible, they should be taken as an estimate only. The results can be used to compare outputs in this review and others I have published.

___________________________________________ ________________________________ ________________________________
Olight M1X using specified cell/s I.S. measured ANSI output Lumens PWM frequency or Strobe frequency (Hz)
___________________________________________ ________________________________ ________________________________
Turbo – CR123 825 0
High – CR123 377 0
Medium – CR123 74 0
Low – CR123 10 0
Moon – CR123 Below Threshold (<1.7lm) 0
Turbo – 18650 904 0
High – 18650 377 0
Medium – 18650 72 0
Low – 18650 9 0
Moon – 18650 Below Threshold (<1.7lm) 0

* Beacon and Strobe output measurements are only estimates as the brief flashes make it difficult to capture the actual output value.

Note that peak output is actually obtained using 18650 and not CR123.

Peak Beam intensity measured 9800lx @1m giving a beam range of 198m.

There is no parasitic drain.

Turbo output initially sags and then reduces to a steady 620lm after approximately 7 minutes. This is maintained until the cell cannot maintain that output any longer.

Troubleshooting

This section is included to mention any minor niggles I come across during testing, in case the information helps anyone else.

No issues were encountered during testing.

As per the description of this section, this information is provided in case anyone else finds a similar 'issue' that might be fixed in the same way.

The M1X in use

As a ‘defence’ light, the M1X has a relatively simple interface for a modern multi-mode light. It is actually becoming one of my favourites and feels very intuitive.

This interface has direct access to Max and Minimum modes along with the immediacy of a tactical forward clicky tail-cap switch. With normal mode selection controlled by the side switch it keeps the operation clean and efficient.

Though the side switch is low profile and not always easy to find, you can use the clip position to point you to the switch.

The strike bezel is aggressive and not particularly pocket friendly, so you need to find the best way to carry this light for your purposes. I’m seriously considering grinding off the crenulations as I like the interface so much, but personally find the bezel a bit too rough for my EDC. I also wonder how the TSA will view this. If anyone has carried a M1X through airport security, please add a reply to let us know how you got on.

Of course the strike bezel is a matter of personal preference and I think Olight have got it just right as it is prominent enough to be effective without being overly spiky. If you want a strong strike bezel the M1X is a great choice.

When using the moonlight mode, you need to be careful not to double tap that tail-switch as if you do you’ll get Turbo. However, there is a little trick. When you have moonlight mode set as the last used mode, a single press of the tail-cap gives you moonlight, and a double tap gives you Turbo. However if you imagine you have not yet set Moonlight mode, so you press and hold the side switch, you can tap away at that tail-switch and you only ever get moonlight mode. So the trick is to ensure you keep the side button pressed when you want to guarantee moonlight output.

Forgetting the strike bezel, the M1X is a great EDC light. I really like the streamlined user interface and the useful set of modes. Add in the strike bezel and you make the M1X a reassuring companion for the dark.

Review Summary

_______________________________________________ _______________________________________________
Things I like What doesn't work so well for me
_______________________________________________ _______________________________________________
Excellent UI No holster provided
Prominent Strike Bezel Bezel is not particularly pocket friendly
Direct access the Moonlight and Turbo Mode switch can be hard to find by feel
Reversible pocket clip Bezel does affect outer spill
Great EDC beam

If you enjoyed my reviews, please remember to 'Like' me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter @Subwoofer_CPF
to get all the latest updates and news.

You can also find exclusive insights on Instagram and Pinterest

subwoofer вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU