Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 3186   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 10.09.2014, 20:00 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 10.11.2015 10:40

Wink2 Olight SR Mini (3xXM-L2, 3x18650/6xCR123A) Flood light review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES+

Warning: pic heavy, as usual. :whistle:

The SR Mini is the latest member of the SR "Intimidator" series from Olight. Unlike previous members of this class though, this light is not meant for throw. Instead, it has a frosted lens to provide high-output diffused light from its three XM-L2 emitters. It is also a lot more compact that many of the SR-series lights.

Let's see how it compares to other "floody" lights out there … :whistle:

Manufacturer Reported Specifications:
(note: as always, these are simply what the manufacturer provides – scroll down to see my actual testing results).
  • LED: 3 x Cree XM-L2 CW
  • Light output / runtime: Turbo : 2,800 lumens / 2 hrs - Hi: 1,200 lumens / 3.5 hrs – Med: 600 lumens / 7 hrs - Lo: 200 lumens / 16 hrs - Strobe: 2,800 lumens / 4 hrs
  • Max beam distance: 224 meters
  • Peak beam intensity: cd: 12,600
  • VOLTAGE: 5V to 18V
  • BATTERY SOURCE: 3 x 18650, 6 x CR123A
  • A highly diffused acrylic lens emits a smooth floodlight for soft area lighting
  • Side switch cycles through three brightness levels, activates strobe and momentary turbo mode
  • From the off position, automatically return to your last brightness level with the built in memory function
  • The side switch illuminates to notify a user when the flashlight is on to avoid over-heating and save battery life if the head is down
  • From the off position, automatically return to your last brightness level with the built-in memory function
  • Waterproof up to 2 meters
  • Aircraft-grade aluminum body with anti-scratch type III hard anodizing
  • DIMENSIONS: Length: 5.0in / 127mm, Bezel Diameter: 1.9 in / 48mm, Weight: 10.1 oz/286 g (excluding battery)
  • WARRANTY: Olight’s 5 Year warranty. Visit olightworld.com/warranty
  • ACCESSORIES: Spare O-rings x 2 (included), Holster (included), Battery magazine x 3 (included), Pronged Bezel (optional)
  • MSRP: $150

Retail packaging is the new style from Olight, which is virtually identical to Foursevens (not surprising, given the close connection between the two companies). Printed on the sides and back are the key characteristics of the light. Inside, included with the light are spare O-rings, good quality lanyard, holster, three CR123A battery magazines, raised profile steel bezel, warranty card and manual.

From left to right: AW Protected 18650 2200mAh; Niwalker MiniMax Nova MM15 shipping, prototype #1; Foursevens MMU-X3; Eagletac SX25L3; Niwalker BK-FA01.

All dimensions directly measured, and given with no batteries installed (unless indicated), and without the handle:

Olight SR Mini: Weight: 285.5g, Length: 126.9mm, Width (bezel): 48.1mm
Olight S80: Weight 162.5g, Length: 151mm, Width (bezel): 38.7mm
Eagletac SX25L3: Weight: 315.9g, Length: 150.2mm, Weight (bezel): 47.0mm
Foursevens MMU-X3: Weight: 172.0g (264.2g with 26650), Length: 135.8mm, Width (bezel): 46.0mm
Nitecore TM11: Weight: 342.6g (476g with 8xCR123A), Length 135.3mm, Width (bezel): 59.5mm
Niwalker MiniMax Nova MM15: Weight: 333.7g (without handle), 355.9g (with handle), (539g with 4x18650 and handle), Length: 114.6mm, Weight (bezel): 63.7mm
Sunwayman T60CS: Weight: 338.9g (est 477g with 3x18650), Length: 145.0mm, Width (bezel): 60.0mm

Build is quite compact for the 3x18650 class, thanks for the relative lack of reflector wells. It is a solid feeling light, due to the built-in wells for the batteries (i.e., no carrier is used). Anodizing is matte black finish. There is no real knurling to speak of, but there is a large checkered grid pattern all over the handle. Grip is ok, but I do think some actual ridge detail on the body segments would have helped further.

Body labels are minimal, with most of the info is on the tail cap. Lettering is bright white and clear against the black background.

The light opens at the tailcap only. Tail threads are square-cut, and anodized for lock out. Tailcap design is interesting – like with many lights with built-in battery wells, there a locking column that holds the tailcap internals in place as you screw down the tail. But the setup here is more complicated than most: despite how it looks, the three batteries are in series, not parallel. The positive terminals of the cells all go toward the head. However, the circuit connection is made by going through those two raised posts on the body (spring loaded). The tailcap is wired to the two contact points for those posts, connecting the three cells in series when fully tight against the body.

The built-in wells take all widths of 18650s in my collection. However, only button-top cells work in the light (i.e., the positive contact points in the head are not raised).

There is a raised hard plastic switch with a green LED underneath. Switch display is bright enough during operation to be noticeable without being distracting. Switch traverse is about typical, but there is a bit of "wiggle" in the switch feel itself given its size (i.e., if you go too far toward the edge, you may not activate). Scroll down for an interface discussion.

The three XM-L2 emitters appear to be in very shallow wells, directly below a flat diffusing optic. Beam pattern should thus be largely flood.

There is a flat stainless steel bezel included with the light by default, held in place by four hex screws (Allen key included). An optional raised crenelated bezel is included, but it only has two points (not three), so headstanding isn't feasible. Note sure of the purpose of this other bezel, honestly. :thinking: If it were to serve as strike weapon, I would have expected longer and sharper crenelations.

Scroll down for beamshot comparisons.

User Interface

Turn the light on/off by the electronic switch.

The highest output level (Turbo) is only available in momentary mode (i.e., press and hold the switch). Momentary can be activated from off or on.

Turn the light on in a locked-on state by a click of the switch (i.e., press-release). Turn the light off by a click.

Change output modes by double-clicking the switch while on. Mode sequence is Lo > Med > Hi, in a repeating loop. Note again that Turbo is not available on the main sequence, but by a press-and-hold only. The light has mode memory for the non-Turbo modes, and returns to the last level used after off-on.

Triple-clicking the switch from on or off gives strobe mode.

There is no lock-out mode that I can see. There is also no standby indicator for when cells are connected but the light is off.

Video:

For more information on the overall build and user interface, please see my video overview:

Прямая ссылка на видео YouTube

As with all my videos, I recommend you have annotations turned on. I commonly update the commentary with additional information or clarifications before publicly releasing the video.

PWM/Strobe

Reviewer's note: I have recently updated my oscilloscope software, so the traces below may look a little different from my earlier reviews.

There is no sign of flicker or PWM that I can see, at any output level – I believe the light is current-controlled.

Strobe:

The strobe mode was a fairly typical ~10Hz fast strobe.

Standby Drain

A standby current drain is inevitable on this light, due to the electronic switch. Despite how the carrier looks, the batteries are actually all in series (i.e. 3s1p arrangement).

I had difficulty getting a reliable connection with my DMM, as each cell had to be connected in series to the corresponding pins (which in turn had to be depressed to make contact). If I can figure out a way to get a more stable reading, I will pass it along.

Fortunately, you can lock out the light by a simple turn of the tailcap.

Beamshots:

And now, what you have all been waiting for. All lights are on their standard battery, or AW protected 18650 2200mAh for the multi-18650 lights. Lights are about ~0.75 meter from a white wall (with the camera ~1.25 meters back from the wall). Automatic white balance is to minimize tint differences.

Let's start with a comparison of the locked-on max mode (Hi), and the momentary max mode (Turbo):

It is always hard to try and show floody lights at this ridiculously close distance. :rolleyes: The point is that there is no real center beam "hotspot" in actual use – but the brightness difference above is a good way to judge overall beam intensity differences. In that sense, as I hope you can see, there is a lot more light produced on Turbo – but you have to hold down the switch for it. :shrug:

For the rest of the comparisons below, I will use the momentary Turbo mode, as it is the highest the light produces.

The SX25L3 and MM15 both use Neutral white MT-G2 emitters, so you need to keep that in mind when comparing tint differences above.

The most immediate observation above is that the SR Mini is not as bright as the MM15 or X6 (as expected). Instead, it has similar overall output to the 1xMT-G2 Eagletac SX25L3 – just with less throw (i.e., more flood) on the SR Mini. To see more, we will need to take these lights outdoors.

For outdoor shots, these are done in the style of my earlier 100-yard round-up review. Please see that thread for a discussion of the topography. In order to compare the various tints of different lights, I have locked the camera to Daylight (~5200K) white balance.

FYI, any squiggly trails you see in the light beams are due to flying insects (and the long shutter time). :wave:

Let's start with the "big guns", the >5K lumens Niwalker MM15 and Olight X6

The X6 is a completely different beast, as it is relatively "throwy". The SR Mini is in a similar category as the Niwalker MM15 – albeit with less max output, and a cool white beam tint.

FYI, here is a comparison with the Thrunite Catapult V5 with diffuser in the mix.

An actual full diffuser (like the Cat V5) tends further reduce the center beam throw even more than the the frosted lens on the SR Mini.

Testing Method:

All my output numbers are relative for my home-made light box setup, as described on my flashlightreviews.ca website. You can directly compare all my relative output values from different reviews - i.e. an output value of "10" in one graph is the same as "10" in another. All runtimes are done under a cooling fan, except for any extended run Lo/Min modes (i.e. >12 hours) which are done without cooling.

I have devised a method for converting my lightbox relative output values (ROV) to estimated Lumens. See my How to convert Selfbuilt's Lightbox values to Lumens thread for more info.

Throw/Output Summary Chart:

My summary tables are reported in a manner consistent with the ANSI FL-1 standard for flashlight testing. Please see http://www.flashlightreview... for a discussion, and a description of all the terms used in these tables. Effective July 2012, I have updated all my Peak Intensity/Beam Distance measures with a NIST-certified Extech EA31 lightmeter (orange highlights).

Max output (for the momentary Turbo mode) is consistent with the specs. As you can see, this light is not a great thrower (although my beam distance measures are a bit higher than spec).

Let's see how the rest of the output levels compare:

As you can see, the light is brighter on Lo than the specs indicate (i.e., almost twice as bright). This means that the light really lacks a true Lo mode. Also, the spacing is not ideal in my view - you don't really see a lot of relative perceptual difference between each level step as you go up in output.

Output/Runtime Graphs:

As always, my standard runtimes are done on AW protected 18650 2200mAh cells, under a cooling fan.

Note that I had not done a runtime on Turbo, since this is a momentary mode that requires you to hold the switch down.

As expected for Olight, the SR Mini has perfectly flat stabilization at all levels tested. Overall efficiency is consistent with an excellent current-controlled circuit. Keep in mind that there are only 3x18650 in the SR Mini, compared to some of the other lights up there.

Potential Issues

The SR Mini is basically a full flood light – do not expect typical flashlight beam throw.

Turbo is only available as a momentary mode (i.e., you have to hold the switch down).

There is not a great visual difference in output between neighboring output modes. Low is not as low other lights in this class.

User interface may not be intuitive, given need to double-click to advance mode (i.e., press and hold gives you Turbo).

Flat-top cells cannot be used in the light, given the flat contacts in the head.

The rolls extremely easily.

There is a standby drain when the tailcap is fully connected, but this can be broken by turning the tailcap a quarter turn.

There SR Mini is fully regulated on all modes, with no advance warning before the built-in battery protection feature engages (i.e., no reduced output, no change in the illuminated switch, etc.).

Preliminary Observations

The SR Mini is a departure for the SR-series from the Olight – this model is exclusively a full-flood light. Not sure how useful that would be for "search and rescue", but it is nice to have a range of offerings for different purposes. In this sense, you could think of the SR Mini as similar to the recently released Niwalker MM15 (albeit with a cool white tint, and a reduced output range).

Physically, the SR Mini is a sturdy and compact light. Hand feel is very good, and the switch is easy to find by touch alone. Personally, I don't find the user interface to be the most friendly (e.g., you need to rapidly double-click to change modes). Mode spacing also lacks distinction between levels, and I would really like to see a lower Lo.

I suspect many will be unhappy to see that Turbo is only available as a momentary mode. :shrug: However, I can understand this decision – the light gets hot quickly on Turbo, and you really should be hand-holding it the whole time on this level (and manually dropping down in output when too hot). In a sense, you could argue that this is what a "Turbo" mode should be (i.e., something above and beyond the standard modes).

It is nice to see the highly efficient circuit, at all levels. And the fully flat-stabilized regulation pattern is always popular here. But keep in mind, there is no low voltage indicator on the SR Mini (i.e., no change in the illuminated switch, no advance drop-off in output, etc.). Personally, I would prefer some sort of advance warning before being left in the dark. :candle:

The output beam is indeed full flood, with relatively little hotspot. But it is different from a traditional diffuser on a reflector-based light, with tends to more greatly scatter the beam (and reduce overall output). The SR Mini is more like a cool white version of the MM15, as there is still some center beam light getting through.

The SR Mini is a small, well-made, floody-style light with a cool white tint. It is comfortable to hold and use, although the interface could use some tweaks in my view. Certainly another contender in the newly-popular high-output flood class of lights. :wave:

----

SR Mini provided by GoingGear on behalf of Olight for review.
selfbuilt вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
i (01.11.2014)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU