Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 5601   Ответов в теме 1   Подписчиков на тему 1   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 30.05.2012, 11:14 Автор темы   1
Новичок

Последняя активность: 29.05.2013 21:02

По умолчанию Olight X6 Marauder Review with OTF Lumen and Runtime Testing

I recently received an Olight X6 Marauder for review. My sample is not a final production model, and I've been told that it has T6 flux binned Cree XM-L emitters, and that the final production models have U2 flux binned emitters. For those who aren't familiar with what this means, it basically means that the production X6's should actually be brighter than my sample. According to Cree's datasheet, a U2 binned XM-L emitter should output roughly 8% more light than a T6 binned XM-L emitter. Keep this in mind while viewing my OTF lumen data below.

The X6 Marauder is the newest edition to Olight's SR (Search and Rescue) series of lights. This light was sent to me by 4sevens for review purposes.

Here are the specs for the X6 Marauder. These were taken from the Olight website:

Key Features:

1. Uses 6 world-class super bright Cree XM-L LEDs.
2. 150lm(30h)-1200lm(4h30min)-5000lm(1h15min);
3. Split-battery design perfectly integrates high demands of heat dissipation and low weight of main body.
4. Built-in high-capacity lithium battery to make sure effective runtime at high brightness.
5. Aluminum alloy 6N01-T6 with Type Ⅲ hard anodization and Bayer ABS (carbon fiber).
6. It can work directly with AC110V and AC220V electric supply, effectively enriches the applications
7. Lens : Tough ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating.
8. Water resistant: IPX6.
9. Power indicator: Low: red light on and should charge immediately;Normal: yellow light on; High: green light on.
10. Terminal Control Mode.

Specifications:

Operators Manual (click for full size image):

Operation

The X6 has two modes of operations. One is called "Portable Mode", and the other is called "Terminal Control Mode".

Portable mode, which is set as the factory default is accessed as follows:

First turn on the switch at the battery pack. Once this has been completed, you will see one of the led’s on the battery pack light up. The different colors indicate the charge status of the battery pack. I.E., the green led means the battery pack is between normal charge state and high charge state, the orange led means the battery pack is between low charge state and normal charge state, and the red led means the battery is in low charge state and the battery pack should be recharged as soon as possible. (Note that the light does still function normally with the provided wall charger, but I’m not certain as to whether the supplied charger provides enough power to prevent the light from still depleting the battery pack. This would need further testing to verify, or ask the manufacturer).

Once the battery pack is turned on you will use the electronic switch on the light handle of the X6 to control mode selection and to turn the light on and off (note that it would be a good idea to turn off the battery pack after you've finished using the light because the electronic switch doesn't actually turn the system off).

My particular sample X6 turns on in low mode each time I turn the light on with the electronic switch after initially turning the battery pack on from resting longer than 5-10 minutes. My sample does have mode memory, but only if I leave the battery pack switched on, then use the electronic switch on the handle to turn the light off and on. Or if I turn off the battery pack, then turn it back on within a certain amount of time (I have not verified the time frame, but it's within 10 minutes.

To better explain what I'm talking about, if I turn the battery pack off via the switch on the battery pack, then turn the battery pack switch back on and activate the light via the electronic switch, the light will turn back on in the previously used mode (memorized mode) mode, but if I turn the battery pack off and leave it off for 5-10 minutes, then turn the battery pack back on and activate the light via the electronic switch on the handle, the light will come back on in low mode as a default. I'm not sure if this is limited to my sample or if this also applies to final production models as well.

But as I sated before, as long as I'm using the light and I’ve left the battery pack turned on, my sample does have mode memory.

To change output modes in the portable mode you simply press and hold the electronic switch on the light handle (after the battery pack has been switched on and the electronic switch has been pressed to activate the light, of course). The light will cycle through all three available modes (low, med, and high) while the electronic switch is being held down. Once you enter the output mode you desire, simply release the electronic switch and the light will remain in the desired output mode. To access strobe mode you simply perform a fast double press of the electronic switch. For those of you who are familiar with the Olight SR91 and SR51, activating strobe mode works exactly the same on the X6.

Activation of the Terminal Control Mode is as follows:

Connect the cable to either the battery pack or a 12v power source (if connecting to the supplied battery pack, you need to turn the battery pack on via the switch). Then press the electronic switch on the light handle. The light will then turn on. Once the light turns on, hold down on the electronic switch (as if you were changing modes within the Portable Mode). While holding down on the electronic switch the light will cycle through low, med and high modes three times (keep holding electronic switch down) and will finally stop in high mode. Once the lights stops cycling and you arrive in high mode, you are now in the Terminal Control Mode. The electronic switch on the handle of the light will no longer control off and on of the light, or mode changes. You will now have only two modes of output- low and high. You will use the battery pack switch (or a switch between your 12v power supply) to change modes and turn the light off and on. Once in the Terminal Control Mode you simply turn the light off with the switch between your power source, then back on to enter low output mode, then do the same to switch back into high output mode.

To change back to Portable Mode, you simply turn the light on, then hold down on the electronic switch on the light for 3 seconds and the light will enter into Portable mode.

To charge the light you simply plug the supplied wall charger into a proper ac voltage supply, then plug the other end into the battery pack and the battery pack will begin charging. The led lights also work as an indicator of charge level of the battery pack while the battery pack is being charged (red= low, orange/yellow= normal and green= full).

Here are some pictures of the X6 Marauder. My sample did not include a strap or a case, but I've been told these are included with the final production sample when the light is purchased.

For size reference, I've taken a picture of the X6 beside some other lights that I have on hand. From left to right- Olight SR51, 4Sevens Maelstrom S18, Olight SR91 and last but certainly not least, the Olight X6 Marauder. Also, in the image below you can see the electronic switch directly below the silver Olight badge on the handle, and just below and right of that you can see the connector that I'm assuming will be used once a 12v power supply cable is made available as an accessory:

Side view of the X6. Look at all that surface area. All of the fins are aluminum and really help to transfer heat away from the light to keep it cool. It’s also my understanding that the X6 has thermal protection built in to prevent the light from overheating itself. The black pieces at the top and on the sides of the fins are some type of rubber, and I'm guessing they have been placed there to prevent the user from touching the hot aluminum fins:

The business end of the X6 (note: you don't want to be on this end staring at the led's when the light is turned on in high mode ):

Battery pack:

Here’s an image of the clip on the side of battery pack. There will probably be some that would prefer that the battery be integrated into the light itself, but my take on this design is that it allows much more cooling for the light, keeps the batteries away from the heat produced by the light, and also makes the light itself lighter, which really makes a difference if the light will be used for any prolonged amount of time. Also, when wearing the battery pack on my belt clip I didn't notice any loss or reduction in range of motion caused by the power supply cable:

Battery pack charge indicator lights and charging port:

Bottom of the X6. Notice the threaded aluminum area on the bottom of the X6? This allows the use of any conventional tripod mount so that the X6 can be used hands free for many different applications. Pretty neat idea:

And here it is with my tripod mount installed. Design placement of where this mount is installed is located at near center of gravity. It's very well balanced at this point.:

And here it is mounted to one of my tripods:

Now it’s time for my OTF lumen results:

For those who are not familiar with me or my reviews, I have my own calibrated homemade integrating sphere (I have two, actually) for measuring lumen output of different lights. My spheres have been calibrated using lights that were measured in a professional lab sphere, so my lumen results are very accurate. However, due to common variables such as temperature differences, battery charge state differences, and even differences within the components used within each and every light, you should only use my results as an example of what one sample outputs in OTF lumens. If you purchase one of these lights I'm sure the output would be similar, provided all variables are similar, but your light may not produce exactly the same output as this sample. The output could be less, the output could be more, it just depends.

My sample of the Olight X6 is not a final production model, and I've been told that it has T6 flux binned Cree XM-L emitters, and that the final production models have U2 flux binned emitters. For those who aren't familiar with what this means, it basically means that the production X6's will most likely be brighter than my sample. According to Cree's datasheet, a U2 binned XM-L emitter should output roughly 8% more light than a T6 binned XM-L emitter.

No external cooling was provided during testing.

Olight X6 high mode:

Olight X6 high mode vs Olight SR91, 4Sevens S18 and Olight SR51 high mode:

Olight X6 medium mode:

Olight X6 medium mode vs Olight SR91, 4Sevens S18 and Olight SR51 high mode:

I have been trying to get beamshots for two weeks now, but have been unsuccessful. I have plans to capture these beamshots tonight, and have them posted here tomorrow. So tune back in tomorrow for a beamshot update if all goes well tonight.

Hopefully you have enjoyed my review so far, and will tune back in tomorrow for beamshots.

I was able to take some long range beam shots last night. All camera settings remained the same for each image taken. White balance was set to auto. Distance from lights to tree is roughly 90 to 100 yards. NOTE: These images are over exposed. At these distances it has to be done to show the beam profile correctly. The brightness of these images is brighter than the light actually is at these distances. Don't expect these lights to be this bright at these distances in person.

Also, these are .gif's, which I believe help to see the difference between each light better. If you're using a mobile device you may not be able to see the .gif's work properly. If you're viewing it properly you should see two images switching back and forth with each beam shot. Certain browsers also have trouble viewing these:

For the first comparison I decided to use one of the commonly seen (on these forums) modified Mag-Lite's. It's a 3d cell Mag that has had a Cree XM-L T6 flux binned emitter installed onto a large aluminum heatsink inside the head of the light, with a 7135 based driver that delivers 2.8 amps of current to the emitter, which is being powered by a single 26650 Li-ion battery. No match whatsoever for the powerful X6:

Next up is the Olight SR51:

Now the 4Sevens Maelstrom S18:

The Olight SR91:

And the Stanley HID spotlight:

Meanwhile I heard the X6 mumble "is that all you've got!?"..........

This concludes my review of the new Olight X6 Marauder.
ti-force вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 17.07.2012, 23:30   2
DroNNot
Новичок

Последняя активность: 23.12.2012 21:46

Отправить сообщение для DroNNot с помощью ICQ
По умолчанию Re: Olight X6 Marauder Review with OTF Lumen and Runtime Testing

Где то я это уже видел
DroNNot вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме: