Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 3026   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 05.06.2012, 01:48 Автор темы   1
Новичок

Последняя активность: 03.08.2012 02:53

Отправить сообщение для run4jc с помощью Skype™
По умолчанию McGizmo LS20 DaFABRICATA/FYRSTORMER MOD

I haven’t had the time to do any reviews in the past couple of months – just too busy with my work and school – too old for this, but working full time and taking a full time executive MBA program, too. BUT, this weekend I finally have a break and it’s time to pay homage to a light, and two outstanding CPF members who just happen to do some awesome mod work – the LS20, DaFABRICATA and Fyrstormer.

I give you the McGizmo LS20 / DaFABRICATA XPG R4 Mod / Fyrstormer Centauri GDuP 750mA 3 speed driver mod. Whew! That’s a long name!

So let’s just call it the LS20DF (DaFABRICATA Fyrstormer)

Also, I have (for comparison) an LS20 that DaFAB modded with an XPG R5. I wish I had a stock LS20 to compare, but alas, no such luck.

These gentlemen have the skilled hands of surgeons. If you own, owned, or have seen an LS20 you know that the stock light is a masterpiece – beautiful lines, great PD interface, but most of all the fantastic emitter array – 3 3mm LEDs provide flood, then on the stock version, a Golden Dragon main emitter provides approximately 80 lumen of cool white light. But it is certainly jam packed with wiring and such 'inside.'

As much as I love the stock light, it just needs a bit more ‘pop’ to really become my main EDC. DaFABRICATA’s emitter swap increases the output to about 120 lumen due to the more efficient XPG emitter, but the combination of the new emitter and the bumped up 3 speed driver takes it to the point where it has displaced all my other lights as my main EDC. I measure 220 lumen with my home made IS!

Here’s a close up shot of the main emitter

And a larger shot showing the main emitter and the flood emitters.

Here’s the R5 and the R4 side by side – can you guess which is which?

Here’s a photo showing the brains of both lights – the only difference you can really see is the “LSC” label on the Centauri version.

Side by side, in this photo the LS20DF is sporting a C Pak.

But what you really want to see are beam shots, right?

I have a small patio - about 30 feet from corner to corner, and this shot is taken in the corner with my Canon 40D, 10-22 wide angle lens, set at 15 mm. Oh, that's Heidi, a 6 year old Sheltie taking it all in...the plants in the corner are the targets...

Control shot after dark

The rest of the photos are labeled...
Camera: Canon
Model: Canon EOS 40D
ISO: 800
Exposure: 2.5 sec
Aperture: 6.3
Focal Length: 15mm

Now, here's my other LS20 with the XPG R5 upgrade by DaFAB along with the stock driver:

An old favorite for comparison

A newer favorite...

Wow......

And for fun, a wowsa - the Oveready triple

My thoughts? No, the LS20DF isn't the brightest - the lightest - the smallest. There are brighter lights - there are lights with more cool features. But for a truly useful EDC - with a flood that is perfect for close up work or night time gentle flood, then a low/med/high center emitter with a nice warm tint that is perfect for my tastes, the LS20DF has become my main EDC. It is just awesome.

Yes, sometimes I use a McClicky C Pak, but 95% of the time the original PD Pak is my chosen interface. So simple - twist or press. Light press - flood, press further, center emitter low, then medium, then high.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that this light is now my absolute favorite - McGizmo made the original goodness, and DaFABRICATA and Fyrstormer made it great.

There are many great modders here on the forum, so this isn't to take anything away from any of them, but you can definitely trust your valuable custom lights to these guys with absolutely no worries. They'll take great care of your lights and return them to you better than ever.
run4jc вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
dead_skif (05.06.2012), tatopus (15.04.2013)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU