Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Изображения Дневники Группы Поиск
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 4047   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 27.04.2011, 06:55 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 10.11.2015 10:40

По умолчанию Ray Tactical X60 (XP-G R5) Thrower Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and more!

Warning: pic heavy, as usual.

Specifications:
  • LED: CREE XP-G (R5 bin)
  • Max output: 350 Lumens
  • Reflector: delicate metal reflector
  • Lens: shock resistance coating Switzerland white glass
  • Tactical momentary-on forward click switch
  • Bezel material: 304 stainless steel
  • Body material: T6061 T6 Aircraft aluminum alloy
  • Finish: Flat Gun black HAIII military grade hard anodized.
  • Batteries: CR123AX2、16340X2、17335X2、18650X1、17670X1
  • Drive circuit: high efficiency broad voltage full tune-up circuit
  • Voltage: 2.7-8.5V
  • Size: head diameter 45mm, tube diameter 25.4mm, total length 146mm
  • Weight: 150g (without battery installed) Two modes of output: High brightness: about 3hrs (18650) Low brightness: about 12hrs (18650) (with strobe function)
  • Estimated MSRP ~$79
I’ve reviewed a couple of Ray lights in the past, but this is their first 1x18650/2xRCR “thrower” model. Let’s see how it compares to other lights in its class …

Packaging is fairly standard for Ray, with a hard carboard box with magnetic closing flap and cut-out foam. Inside, the light comes with a manual, spare o-rings, GITD boot cap, paracord lanyard, and high-quality re-configurable pouch.

A couple of thoughts here – the paracord lanyard reminds me a lot of the earlier Nitecore Defender Infinity. Interesting skull motif everywhere, including on the parachord (the eyes of the skull are GITD!).

The holster is remarkably high quality, and reminds me a lot of the Maxpedition sheaths – but with even more configurable arrangements (i.e. flap off, parts reversed, etc.).

From left to right: AW Protected 18650, Lumintop TD-15, Ray Tactical X60, 4Sevens Maelstrom G5, Olight M20, Eagletac T20C2-II, Tiablo A9-R5

X-60: Weight: 148.6g (no batteries), Length 146.6mm x Width 44.9mm (bezel)
TD-15: Weight: 139.2g (no batteries), Length 148.7mm x Width 37.8mm (bezel)
4Sevens G5 Weight: 145.5g (no batteries), Length 156mm x Width 38.9mm (bezel)

Build quality is very high. Screw threads are anodized at the tailcap for lock-out.

Anodizing is perfect on my sample, no chips in the medium gloss black (HA = type III). Knurling is decent, and grip is good. Lettering is sharp and clear, in bright white against the black finish. Note the skull motif continues here, but it is rather understated compared to the holster.

Light can tailstand.

Flat-top 18650s worked on my sample.

Note there is no clip included with the light – I recommend you use the holster.

The X60 features the latest emitter (XP-G R5), with a large and deep smooth reflector. This should produce excellent throw.

Which brings us to the requisite white wall hunting . All lights are on Hi on AW protected 18650, about ~0.75 meter from a white wall (with the camera ~1.25 meters back from the wall). Automatic white balance on the camera, to minimize tint differences.

From now on, all my beamshots will be taken in this standard configuration, to facilitate comparisons.

As you can see, the X60 has excellent throw. My sample has only mild evidence of the center-void darkspot common to XP-G lights with smooth reflectors (your experience may vary, however).

UPDATE 11/30/10: I have just updated my 100-Yard Outdoor Beamshot thread with pics of the X60, directly compared to the Lumintop TD-15 and 4Sevens Maelstrom G5. Check out that thread for more info, but here is an animated GIF showing the relevant comparisons.

User Interface

Turn the light on by pressing the tailcap clicky (press for momentary on, click for locked on),

Basic operation is controlled by repeated flashing or clicking off/on the tailcap. The light has 3 modes and moves through them in repeating sequence: Hi > Lo > Strobe.

Light has a memory mode, and retains the last setting used.

PWM and Strobe

The X60 uses PWM on its low mode, at a frequency of 496 Hz on my sample

Strobe is 9.9 Hz.

Testing Method:

All my output numbers are relative for my home-made light box setup, a la Quickbeam's flashlightreviews.com method. You can directly compare all my relative output values from different reviews - i.e. an output value of "10" in one graph is the same as "10" in another. All runtimes are done under a cooling fan, except for any extended run Lo/Min modes (i.e. >12 hours) which are done without cooling.

I have recently devised a method for converting my lightbox relative output values (ROV) to estimated Lumens. See my How to convert Selfbuilt's Lighbox values to Lumens thread for more info.

Throw/Output Summary Chart:

Effective November 2010, I have revised my summary tables to match with the current ANSI FL-1 standard for flashlight testing. Please see http://www.sliderule.ca/FL1... for a description of the terms used in these tables.

The X60 is definitely the best XP-G R5 thrower I’ve seen. On Hi, overall output is just a touch lower than the 4Sevens G5 on Turbo, but throw is noticeably further.

Output/Runtime Comparison:

Effective January 2010, all CR123A runtimes are now performed on Titanium Innovations batteries. You can compare the performance of these CR123A cells relative to the Duracell/Surefire cells used in my earlier reviews here. These new light results are marked by an "*" in the graph legend

Potential Issues

Strobe is included on the main sequence, so you need to go through it to return to the beginning of the sequence. I would have preferred to see it “hidden” away somehow.

Due to the somewhat large head, the light may be a bit difficult to carry. Recommend you use the included holster, or something similar.

All XP-G lights with smooth emitters can show a relatively dark center to the hotspot, although I did not notice much of one of my sample.

Light lacks a Med mode – only Lo and Hi present.

Light uses PWM on the Lo mode, at a detectable but not obtrusive 496 Hz.

Preliminary Observations

The Ray X60 is the best throwing XP-G R5-equipped light in my collection at the moment.

The 4Sevens Maelstrom G5 first established this category, but a number of new entrants have appeared – like the Lumintop TD-15 reviewed recently, and now the Ray X60.

The X60 is a somewhat simpler light, with only two constant output modes and one strobe (which, alas, is not hidden in any way). Still, that does have the advantage of familiarity and simplicity for some. Overall output is slightly less than the 4Sevens of G5 on Turbo, but still pretty close.

The light is well regulated on Hi on all battery sources, with good runtimes. Output/runtime efficiency on Lo is about what I would expect for a PWM-based XP-G R5 light.

Build quality is quite high, as with other Ray lights I’ve reviewed - the light seems sturdy and well made.

No surprises here, this is a nice looking and performing light. It’s definitely one to consider if you looking for a “thrower” with the XP-G R5 emitter – in fact, nothing else matches it yet for throw. Well done.

----

X60 provided by Ray Tactical for review.
selfbuilt вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU