Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Изображения Дневники Группы Поиск
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 4129   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 27.04.2011, 06:47 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 10.11.2015 10:40

По умолчанию Lumintop TD-15 Terminator (XP-G R5) Thrower Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and more!

Warning: pic heavy, as usual.

Specifications:
  • LED: CREE XP-G R5 LED
  • Two mode sets, controlled by loosening and tightening the bezel twice in 0.5 second to switch.
  • Normal mode: low(20 lumen) - middle(150 lumen) - high(350 lumen)
  • Tactical mode: Turbo(420 lumen) - Strobe
  • Max Output / Runtime: 420 lumens / 1.2 hours (all output & runtimes based on two CR123A 1300mAh lithium batteries)
  • High Output / Runtime: 350 lumens / 1.5 hours*
  • Middle output / Runtime: 150 lumens / 5 hours*
  • Low output / Runtime: 20 lumens / 35 hours*
  • Battery Type: 2x CR123A , 2x RCR123A/16340, 1x Li-ion 18650 or 1x 17670 battery
  • High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
  • Tactical tailcap switch - press for momentary-on, click for constant-on
  • Waterproof IPX-8
  • Precision reflector creates smooth, optimized beam
  • Film-coated 99% high-transparent tempered glass protect the reflector and LED
  • High ductility steel clip
  • Anti-reverse protection circuit
  • Wear resistant square thread
  • Stainless steel crenelated Strike Bezel and scalloped tailcap provide further defensive options.
  • Intelligent memory circuitry memorizes last mode when activating the light.
  • Combat Ring with anti-rolling design for secure hold in all conditions
  • Length: 5.83 inches (148mm), Bezel Diameter 1.50 inches (38mm), Body Diameter 1 inches (25.4mm)
  • Weight: 5.3 ounces (150g)
  • Included accessories: holster, lanyard, body clip, two spare o-rings, and a rubber switch boot.
  • Estimated MSRP ~$64
While not in the official specs, my sample also came with one battery extender for 3*CR123A or 3*RCR (16340) configuration. According to Lumintop, the working voltage is 3V-14V. 2x18500 also works this way (or 2x18650 with 2 battery extenders, according to Lumintop).

Lumintop is a new arrival on the flashlight scene, with a range of models. Reviewed here is there XP-G R5 “thrower” model, the Terminator TD-15.

Packaging is fairly typical, but the light comes with a good number of extras like a good quality wrist lanyard, good quality holster, spare o-rings and boot cap, replacement cover for the attached pocket clip, and manual.

Does the light or these accessories look familiar? I’ll come back to that at the end of the review.

As I mentioned, my sample came with an optional battery extender tube to allow for 3xCR123A/RCR. Here’s how it looks with it installed.

The rest of the pics will show the regular light without extender.

From left to right: AW Protected 18650, Lumintop TD-15, Ray Tactical X60, 4Sevens Maelstrom G5, Olight M20, Eagletac T20C2-II, Tiablo A9-R5

TD-15: Weight: 139.2g (no batteries), Length 148.7mm x Width 37.8mm (bezel)
4Sevens G5 Weight: 145.5g (no batteries), Length 156mm x Width 38.9mm (bezel)

Build quality is very high. Screw threads are square-cut, and anodized at the tailcap for lock-out.

Anodizing is perfect on my sample, no chips in a gloss black (HA = type III). Knurling is decent, and the light has a lot of features that help with grip. Lettering is sharp and clear, in bright white against the shiny black finish.

Light can tailstand. Note the removable scalloped stainless steel tailcap and bezel rings.

Flat-top 18650s worked on my sample.

Clip is similar to Olight lights, and is removable with an included cover to hide the attachment area.

The TD-15 features the latest emitter (XP-G R5). The reflector is basically smooth, with a very light "feathering" effect, as shown above. Reflector seems a touch smaller than the 4Sevens G5, but is otherwise comparable looking.

Which brings us to the requisite white wall hunting . All lights are on Hi on AW protected 18650, about ~0.75 meter from a white wall (with the camera ~1.25 meters back from the wall). Automatic white balance on the camera, to minimize tint differences.

From now on, all my beamshots will be taken in this standard configuration, to facilitate comparisons.

Note that I accidentally left my TD-15 on Hi, not Turbo for these shots. Turbo would be even brighter - scroll down to the runtimes for an output comparison.

As you can see, even on Hi and not Turbo, the TD-15 has a lot of output and excellent throw. My sample has only mild evidence of the center-void darkspot common to XP-G lights with smooth reflectors (your experience may vary, however).

I will update this review once I get my 100-yard beamshots done.

User Interface

Turn the light on by pressing the tailcap clicky (press for momentary on, click for locked on),

Basic operation is controlled by loosen-tighten twisting of the head, just like the Olight M20 and related lights. In normal mode, this moves you through Lo > Med > Hi in repeating sequence.

There is a ”Tactical mode” that you access by doing a loosen-tighten twist twice in under 0.5 secs. You now have available two modes, Turbo > Strobe, accessed in repeating sequence. Do the double loosen-tighten again to switch back to Normal mode.

Light has a memory mode, and retains the last setting used.

PWM and Strobe

Light has no evidence of PWM on any mode, leading me to believe it is current-controlled. :

Strobe is 9.8 Hz.

Testing Method:

All my output numbers are relative for my home-made light box setup, a la Quickbeam's flashlightreviews.com method. You can directly compare all my relative output values from different reviews - i.e. an output value of "10" in one graph is the same as "10" in another. All runtimes are done under a cooling fan, except for any extended run Lo/Min modes (i.e. >12 hours) which are done without cooling.

I have recently devised a method for converting my lightbox relative output values (ROV) to estimated Lumens. See my How to convert Selfbuilt's Lighbox values to Lumens thread for more info.

Throw/Output Summary Chart:

Effective November 2010, I have revised my summary tables to match with the current ANSI FL-1 standard for flashlight testing. Please see http://www.sliderule.ca/FL1... for a description of the terms used in these tables.

Output/Runtime Comparison:

Effective January 2010, all CR123A runtimes are now performed on Titanium Innovations batteries. You can compare the performance of these CR123A cells relative to the Duracell/Surefire cells used in my earlier reviews here. These new light results are marked by an "*" in the graph legend

Note I’ve included the 3xRCR and 2x18650 runtimes on the 2xRCR runtime graph. The 3xCR123A runtime was added to the 2xCR123A graph.

Potential Issues

Light lacks a true Lo mode, with the lowest output closer to most lights' Med mode.

The tailcap stainless steel ring can easily loosen with time.

All XP-G lights with smooth emitters can show a relatively dark center to the hotspot, although I did not notice much of one of my sample.

Given how heavily-driven the light is on max, good heatsinking and heat dissipation are critical for long-term emitter stability. Not having disassembled the light, it is hard to know how well the TD-15 will do in the long-term under high output conditions.

Preliminary Observations

This light was quite a surprise! Everything about this it just screams "Olight" – right down to the bundled accessories. As near as I can tell, the quality of this light is indistinguishable from the high-end offerings Olight sells under their own name.

I don’t know what the exact relationship is, but I would be very surprised if Olight were not involved with making these for Lumintop. I would point out that there is precedent for this - Olight is also the OEM supplier to two other well-known brands here on CPF.

I suppose it would be fair to say that the TD-15 is something of a cross between the 4Sevens Maelstrom G5 and the Olight M20-R5. However, that doesn’t really do it justice - the max output and throw of the TD-15 actually exceeds my G5 sample by a noticeable margin. And the while the overall build and interface seem very Olight-like, the TD-15 has better knurling and a more rakish-looking design than the standard Olight.

Except for the higher peak performance of the TD-15, the overall efficiency is spot on with Olight’s current-controlled circuitry. The one potential drawback is the TD-15 lacks a true Lo mode – the lowest output is really closer to most lights Med mode. Rather than Lo – Med – Hi – Turbo, I would consider the TD-15 to be Med – Hi –Turbo – Extreme Turbo.

Some may also object to “Turbo” being on the same mode with Strobe, and not with the other 3 constant output modes (i.e. somewhat like the original 4Sevens G5 interface, which was revised on later versions). But in this case, Hi is so similar to Turbo that I cannot easily notice the difference. As the 18650 runtime graph shows, the Hi mode is basically a slightly regulated version of Turbo.

And here’s a real kicker – Lumintop top also sells battery extenders for the light. Thanks to the wide voltage range (up to 14V), the TD-15 can easily run 3xLi-ion 3.7V (i.e. 3xRCR) or 3xCR123A for extra runtime. You can also run 2x18500 with one extender, or 2x18650 with two extenders. This versatility is very impressive.

Those looking for an efficient XP-G thrower with extreme output, great throw, and top-notch build quality will definitely want to consider this light. I don’t know what Lumintop’s long-term plans are, but this level of quality and performance is simply astounding at this price point.

----

TD-15 provided by Lumintop for review.
selfbuilt вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU