Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews Headlamps. Flashlight Reviews.
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 4257   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 23.08.2013, 07:58 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

По умолчанию Fenix HP25 [ XP-E R4, 4xAA Ni-MH or Alkarine or Litium ] Review

Reviewer's note : Fenix HP25 was supplied by Fenix for review.

HP25 is the latest headlamp from Fenix, which has dual (Flood & Spot) beam patterns, gives you 12 sets of flood & spot beam combinations with various outputs. The light source is Cree XP-E R4 and the power source 4xAA
batteries.

The HP25 comes in a nice plastic clamshell with a cardboard outside. It comes with battery case (connected), headband, top strap, two cable clips, 4xAA Alkarine batteries, user manual and warranty card.
Manufacturer Specifications from Fenix website & manual :

• Utilizes two Cree XP-E LEDs with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
• Uses four AA (Ni-MH, Alkaline) batteries
• Light:76.0mm (Length) x55.7mm(Width) x31.5mm(Height)
• Battery case:88.8mm (Length) x73.7mm(Width) x26.2mm(Height)
183.5-gram weight (excluding batteries)
• Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
Two dedicated light sources with individual control system
• Lockout function – prevents the light from accidental activation
• Reverse polarity protection guards against improper battery installation
• Rugged aluminum chassis to shed heat and impact

[Attached is an excerpt from the user manual]

* Notice : The above mentioned parameters (lab tested by Fenix using four 2500mAh Ni-MH batteries and the included Alkarine batteries) are approximate and may vary between lights, batteries and environments.

The HP25 is a headlamp and battery case structure. The headlamp is connected to the batteries case by a cable. You can see the front, bottom, rear and top of the headlamp. The front of the lamp is covered by yellow quality plastic chassis which prevent the lamp from impact and are good for aesthetic effect. The rear of the lamp is the lamp holder which has two headband fixing points and one top strap fixing point. There is an angled gaps in each fixing points.

There are dual electronic switches on the top of the headlamp which are independent controlled. Each left and right switch is for flood and spot beam control including on-off and mode changing respectively. Both switches are protruded, and have somewhat firmer switch feel, requiring definite click to activate (i.e., there is a clearly audible click upon a press-release of the switch). These rubberized switches are good size to press with gloves on and I predict no problem finding and pressing the switch while the headlamp is on my head.

As you see the picture, left and right emitter are for spot and flood beam pattern.The purple hue is reflected on the both lens. Note that the left has an AR coating glass lens with a reflector structure, the right has an upper AR coating glass lens with a lower plastic convex lens similar to HL10 from Fenix. There is a small metal reflector between the upper and lower lens on the right, but I don't think this reflector does play a part in the beam profile. The XP-E emitter with R4 output bin was perfectly centered on both left and right on my sample. There is a black small protruding shape like bezel ring protecting the lens from either scratching or damage.

The battery case itsef has a box design which are made with quality hard plastic and the cap is a O-ring for sealing purposes. Placing them in the waterproof case and screwing it closed is easy with zero alignment issues. Like headlamp, the rear of the case has two headband fixing points and two top strap fixing point. There is an angled gaps in each fixing points. You can open the battery case by unscrewing the knob on the side of the case. The over sized knob is very good, so it's not difficult to turn closed without using any tool when my hands are sweaty or wet.

There is a good quality battery holder to hod the 4xAA. It is transparent plastic, aside from the positive contact plates and gold-plated negative springs. Batteries fit securely within the holder, so they don't have a tendency to pop out easily, thanks to the well-made half-circled groove & small piece right above the each negative spring of the holder. There is a brass threaded female screw looks well-made and sturdy. The working voltage of the HP25 is 4.8V, and the batteries are connected in series (i.e., 4S). You can use 1.2V Ni-MH or 1.5V Alkarine or 1.5V lithium battery. But note 3.7V Li-ion rechargeable battery is not allowed.

There are two hollow parts under the holder will help you push the batteries out from the holder easily instead of picking them out with fingernails . There is absolutely no battery rattle inside the case even if I shake the case laterally when it's fully loaded. The user manual says the lamp has reverse polarity protection to protect from incorrect battery installation (i.e., the electronics of the HP25 has in-built reverse polarity protection.).

You can see the lamp adjust angle in the black plastic lamp holder. The total angle adjustment is about 70 degree and is not moved at any point during use.

The headband and the top strap are good quality. I could assemble and fit them including cable clips to the lamp and battery case without difficulty, I took time to put them into the fixing point on the battery case though. There are stoppers for adjusting the headband and the top strap. The above shows fully assembled HP25.

The headband with top strap worked well in my testing. The headband goes around the head and the top strap keeps it securely in place. The overall weight balance of the lamp is good. I feel secure and nice when putting the HP25 on my head. But I don't like my weird hairstyle like hat hair, due to the top strap, after taking it off. The quality is very good as the band & strap are wide enough. Also they have a good weight of elastic in my view.

The switches are partially covered by a protruding plastic shield of the holder when the lamp is in its fully closed position. This protects from accidental activation of the lamp when not in use. So you need to angle the lamp by one click position to access the switches. The angle adjustment between the one clicked position and the fully opened position is around 60 degree. The HP25 is rated IPX6, so it may not be suitable for full immersion in water.
The overall build quality is very high.

Clockwise from left to right are Fenix HP25, Fenix HL21 and Fenix E21. Note that HL21 has the same Cree XP-E R2 emitter with smooth reflector as E21 light.
User Interface

The flood beam has four constant output levels, and the spot beam has three constant output levels & flashing (SOS) mode. The lamp is turned on/off by pressing and holding the flood beam switch or the spot beam switch for 0.5 second. As mentioned above, dual switches are independently controlled (i.e., dual emitters are controlled independently by dual switches).

Give a quick click of the flood switch to advance through outputs when on, which proceed in sequence from Low -> Med. -> High -> Turbo, in repeating sequence. Give a quick click of the spot switch to advance through outputs when on, which proceed in sequence from Low -> Med. -> High, in repeating sequence. Press and hold the spot switch for three seconds to activate SOS. The lamp has mode memory, and remembers the last output level used when you turn the lamp off and back on, (even after a battery change). However there is no mode memory in SOS.

You can use the various beam patterns and brightness, combining the Flood beam (FB) and the Spot beam (SB) as follows :
FB Turbo with SB High, FB Turbo with SB Med., FB Turbo with SB Low, FB Turbo with SB SOS,
FB High with SB High, FB High with SB Med., FB High with SB Low, FB High with SB SOS,
FB Med. with SB High, FB Med. with SB Med., FB Med. with SB Low, FB Med. with SB SOS,
FB Low with SB High, FB Low with SB Med., FB Low with SB Low, FB Low with SB SOS,
FB Turbo, FB High, FB Med., FB Low, SB High, SB Med., SB Low, SB SOS.
Standby Current Drain

[New 13.07.08] Because of the electronic switches, a standby current drain is always presented when batteries are installed. I measured this current as 42.1uA. Since the cells are arranged in 4S, for 4xEneloop AA (2000mAh) cells, that would translate into around 5.4 years before they would be fully drained. These are remakably low standby currents (i.e., not a concern) in my view. But to break this current, you would need to remove the batteries from the case when not in use for a long time. [New 13.07.08]

Measured Dimensions & Weight

PWM

1. Flood beam

2. Spot beam

The lamp shows no sign of PWM at any output level. The HP25 is constant current controlled as claims. I notice there is no buzzing sound at any levels.
Relative Output Comparison

The numbers on the above table are not Lumens but Lux, measured at 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on in my home-made integrating box (i.e., those numbers do not directly denote the lumens output comparison). All measured lux values in my integrating box are just converted to relative output percent for each light. You will compare each light's output percent in each column.
Runtime

The runtime to fall to 10% of its initial output from 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on (i.e., based on ANSI FL-1) for Max. output using Sanyo Eneloops AA (2000mAh) is as follows :

1) Flood (Turbo)+Spot (High) : 123 min. (2hr 3min)
2) Flood (Turbo) only : 259 min. (4hr 19min)
3) Spot (High) only : 258 min. (4hr 18min)

Regulation is maintained very nicely through Max. on both flood and spot beam. The lamp shows excellent stabilized flat regulation.
Beamshot

1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door on Max. output on Sanyo Eneloop)

- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/60sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/125sec, Auto white balance

- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/250sec, Auto white balance

As above, the HP25's flood beam is all flood. You may notice the inner & outer beam boundary. A very close view shows you a very light halo outside flood beam boundary. The beam profile is cleaner than HL10 even in a very short distance. The spot beam is very well focused and there's no defect on the hot spot and side spill. Both flood & spot tints are warmer than others. The HP25 gives a very nice almost pure white with barely any perceptible yellow on my sample.
[New 13.07.08]
2. Indoor beamshot (about 70cm from the target on Low output on Sanyo Eneloop)
* Note HL21 is with the diffuser come with the lamp, and only the flood beam is on in case of HP25.

- ISO100, F/2.8, 1/2sec, Auto white balance

Here are some pictures where I am using the lamp as a reading light. The flood emitter gives a true flood beam with an almost 90 degree beam angle. I like using the flood beam as a reading light on Low or Med. mode.
3. Indoor beamshot (about 4.0m from the target on various outputs on Sanyo Eneloop)

- Fenix HL10

- Fenix HL21

- Fenix HP25

- HL10, HL21, HP25
[New 13.07.08]
4. Indoor beamshot (about 3.5m from the target on Max. output on Sanyo Eneloop)

5. Indoor beamshot (about 7.0m from the target on Max. output on Sanyo Eneloop)

The spot beam has a great throw for a headlamp more than sufficient for indoor and most outdoor activities in my view. The flood beam is great for reading book or map including most outdoor activities.
Thanks for watching!
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Tim_ON (24.07.2014)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU