Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews Headlamps. Flashlight Reviews.
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 3967   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 23.11.2010, 02:34 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 24.06.2015 07:00

По умолчанию Silva L1 / Brunton L3 – mod & review.

or

Some info from the manufacturer:
Weight: 6oz
Output: 3W (3-Watt Luxeon LED)
200 hours battery life
Light distance to 207ft
Four light modes for high output or conservative use
Water-resistant
Emergency flash mode
Includes external battery pack (holds four C batteries)
Costs : 100$ for Silva an 85$ for Brunton.

The offer looks quite impressive, beside runtime that is always counted to the last photon coming from the led. Headlamp is water resistant only so I wouldn’t advise swimming in it.

I get In my hands version powered from 4xC pack, using common available NiMH’s you can get 4Ah battery pack instead 2,5Ah from AA size cells. The only issue is that the 4xC pack is four times bigger than 4xAA holder - but long cable and clip allows carrying it on the belt or in the backpack.

The first thing for a flashaholic is nicely designed heatsink composed into the head. At last one designer have read led specification to the “Thermal management” chapter.

Opening the head isn't a special problem, you have to leverage with the knife head parts along joint, to crack glue and then it will split into 2 parts. Inside there is standard optics in holder (fi 20mm), emitter is mounted on the thru-hole pcb that allows connection between the slug and the heatsink. At first look it looks like a piece of cake for a modder.

Sorry folks it won't be so easy, after desoldering emitter from the pcb the problem starts – it is impossible to remove emitter from the heatsink. After some needle scratching you will find solid glue all around emitter. I removed emitter using small chisel and hammer . After that you have to clean up heatsink from the rest of the glue and solder a new led.

Under the head strap you will find some nasty label "Warranty void if seal is broken” after removing it and unscrewing back cover you will se some wires and two quite big electrolytic capacitors (47 µF 16V) - in general nothing interesting.

After removing the cover with the „Silva L1” logo you can get to the driver . On the one side epoxied unknown chip, but on the other side familiar looking chip, based on the markings recognized as Sipex SP6651 - buck type driver.

Below, you can see comparison of the led current and the voltage drop from the power source (I get some crappy and used batteries with the headlamp 5,23V without load )

Код:
            Luxeon        SSC P4 USX0H    V-in
LOW     2,824V    27mA    2,810V    43mA  4,83V
MID     2,982V   130mA    2,923V   154mA  4,09V
HIGH    3,083V   230mA    3,025V   266mA  4,09V
It can be seen, how Fast source voltage drops, unfortunately I checked that after replacing the led so below comparison shots are for above mentioned currents.

LOW

MID

HIGH

After changing power source to freshly charged AA NiMH’s (5,54V without load) there is a major current change.

Код:
V-in   I-In     P-In     V-led   I-led    P-led     Eff.
5,50V   47 mA   0,26 W   2,82V    56 mA   0,16 W   61,09%
5,14V  231 mA   1,19 W   3,02V   270 mA   0,82 W   68,67%
4,93V  580 mA   2,86 W   3,25V   683 mA   2,22 W   77,63%
On a bit used AA NiMH’s the situation is very similar (5,24V without load).

Код:
V-in   I-In     P-In     V-led   I-led    P-led     Eff.
5,13V   54 mA   0,28 W   2,82V    54 mA   0,15 W   54,97%
4,71V  262 mA   1,23 W   3,01V   260 mA   0,78 W   63,42%
3,89V  663 mA   2,58 W   3,22V   657 mA   2,12 W   82,03%
Comparison shots between Petzl New Myo Belt XP ’08 (powered from 3 new AA alkalines) and modded Silva L1 (powered from 4x slightly used NiMH’s AA)
LOW

MID

HIGH

Summary
After modd you can get very strong headlamp - there is an accumulation between voltage driving and low Vf of the led. On 3,2 volt the led is sucking from the driver over 650mA !
Powering the headlamp from 4 cells instead of 3 with a connection with nicely designed driver and led heatsink allows us to be happy from almost same powerful headlamp as the New Myo XP in the boost mode for a few hours not only for a moment.
Narrower optics improves effect of the high light output – for some people it can be disadvantage, for other advantage – i.e. the Myo have diffuser lens, for Silva you have to buy them separately (there is white or red available).
But if you have Silva L1 / Burton L3 headlamp, some skills and desire you can give it new life (led ) for a next few years of duty.
Dominik вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU