Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 5042   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 27.04.2011, 09:55 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 10.11.2015 10:40

По умолчанию Fenix Rebel vs Cree: L1D/L1T/P2D OUTPUT, RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS!

Fenix Rebel vs Cree: L1D/L1T/P2D OUTPUT, RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS!

This thread is a comparison of the current Fenix emitters. For comparison to other current Cree and Rebel 1AA lights, please see my multi-level AA roundup comparison review

To see results of all the heads in 2AA format, please see my new Fenix L2D Q5 vs R100, R80, Q2, P4 Comparison Review: RUNTIMES+ thread.

EDIT: Update Nov 15/07: Added Fenix Cree Q5 results. The head exterior styling looks similar to the R100 Premium now, but emitter end looks like the Q2 shown below.

EDIT: Update Oct 22/07: Fenix Rebel R080 head added to results. Sorry, no pics - but it doesn't look appreciably different from the R100 head.

The contenders:

From left to right: Rebel R100 "Premium", Cree Q2 "Special Edition", standard Cree P4. These three lights were all bought from fenix-store.com, whereas the R80 and Cree Q5 (both not shown) were bought from fenixtactical.com.

Beamshots:

On Turbo, with AW RCR in P2D body (Q2) or Duracell 2650 NimH in L2D body (R100 & P4)

Note that I didn't have enough of the same body type for all 3 shots simultaneously. The R100 and standard Cree P4 are on Turbo on L2D bodies with 2650mAh NiMH, and the Q2 is on a P2D body with AW RCR (and is thus slightly brighter than the other two). The R080 looks similar in pattern to the R100, although mine has a slightly cool tint in comparison.

Method: All my output numbers are relative for my home-made light box setup, a la Quickbeam's FR.com method. My relative overall output numbers are typically similar to his, although generally a little lower. You can directly compare all my review graphs - i.e. an output value of "10" in one graph is the same as "10" in another.

Throw values are the square-root of lux measurements taken at 1m using a light meter.

Summary Chart for Turbo mode with 2650mAh NiMH in L1D, or AW Protected 3.7V RCR in P2D

Despite what the beamshots seem to show, my lightbox and light meter report that the new R100 produces more overall output and throw than the Cree Q2. The spillbeam is also wider on the Rebel head (although the Q2 has a narrower, brighter spillbeam). Note that these output numbers may be an underestimate of the magnitude of the difference.

For comparison purposes, here are the results of a "ceiling-bounce" test in a small windowless room, with my light meter on the floor near the base of the light (which is shining upward in candle-mode), in a L2D body on NiMH:

Rebel R80: 5.6 lux
Rebel R100: 5.8 lux
Cree P4: 4.9 lux
Cree Q2: 5.5 lux
Cree Q5: 7.1 lux

As you can see the Q5 has a noticeable jump in output compared to the others (in L2D format). This effect is less pronounced in P2D or L1D format. For more detailed info on L2D results (including runtimes), see my Fenix L2D Q5 vs R100, R80, Q2, P4 Comparison Review: RUNTIMES+ thread.

Runtimes:

All runtimes done in my lightbox under a cooling fan, with the identified batteries listed below.

"Turbo" mode on NiMH (Duracell 2650mAh)

Hi/Med/Lo modes on Alkaline Duracells

Note that runtimes in 1AA mode seem be slightly reduced with the new Cree Q5 head. Interestingly, the low mode on alkaline is ~50% brighter on the new R100 and Q5 heads. Most people are not likely to consider this an improvement, however, as one of the main complaints with Fenix circuit-controlled low modes is that they don't go low enough. The R080 head is even brighter on Low mode, leading of course to lower runtime.

Turbo mode on AW Protected 3.7V RCR

Temperature:

There are reported concerns that the Rebels run hotter than equivalent luminous flux bin Crees. To see how Fenix has managed, I’ve done some crude temperature readings of the exterior surface of the head near the emitter using a flexible temp probe. For this test, I've used the P2D body, to minimize the amount of aluminium body heatsinking available. Note that no external cooling is applied for this test. Readings taken at 30sec intervals:

As you can see, the R100 actually ran *cooler* surface temps than the slightly dimmer Cree Q2. Unless Fenix has mysteriously screwed the heatsinking in some way, it doesn't look like temperature will be a problem on these new Rebel lights.

Conclusion:
  • The Cree Q5 is definitely your best choice for maximum overall output among these models, but the Rebel versions have a wider spillbeam and longer runtimes.
  • The Cree Q5 tends to have lower runtimes in the brighter 1AA modes than the other lights (likely reflecting the higher Vf of Q5 emitters). Low mode seem comparable between the Q5 and R100.
  • The Rebel R080 is still an excellent performer for the price. Although not as bright as some others, runtime was signficantly improved for equivalent output on Hi mode. Lo mode results were less impressive.
  • The Rebel beam pattern is very pleasing on my samples. Rebel emitters are believed to produce better color rendition outdoors, and this seems to be the case to my eye as well.
  • The Fenix L1T/L2T v2.0 comes with a protruding forward clicky (so no tailstanding possible). Quality seems very high, so it looks like the many fans of this type of clicky will be pleased.
  • No apparent problems with heat build-up on the R100 head.

There you have it. Cheers!
selfbuilt вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU