Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 2781   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 14.09.2014, 22:56 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 06.05.2017 05:05

По умолчанию ThruNite TN12(2014),1050Lm,1x18650 compact light,Review+Outdoor

One more great compact,very bright flashlight is on the market. The new 2014 updated TN12 from ThruNite will give you one more flashlight to choose from when a new EDC light is needed. Compact size,Cree XM-L2 U2 LED,1050 lumen output and 5 well spaced brightness modes and no brightness step down!

Dimension: 143mm (Length), 25.4mm (Diameter), 82g weight (without batteries)

Uses 1x 18650 or 2xCR123A batteries

This is the first flashlight that has a pocket clip that I like and will use. It is not too stiff and will not tear my pants or backpack.
The clip has good shape and keeps the flashlight securely attached.

TN12 comes well packed in very nice,hard cardboard box.

There is a foam to keep the flashlight in place.

The accessories are under the foam. Lanyard,spare O-rings and very good sturdy holster.

This is my favorite type holster. It will protect the TN12 well. But I miss the velcro option for mounting.

There is only loop for mounting to a belt, e.g.

Unlikely for its price,ThruNite TN12 is precisely machined.No sharp edges.
Excellent anodizing.Beautiful knurling that reminds me on a Jetbeam and Klarus style precise,smooth knurling.
Black,more like gloss finish.

The cooling fins are required for good heat dissipation in such a powerful light. Side switch for mode selecting.
There is an anti-roll design,but actually without the pocket clip the light can be easily rolled.

TN12 tail-stands sufficiently stable.

The side switch has round shape. There is no similar feel around it when touching and I found it quite easy to use in the dark.Actually for me this switch is the easiest to find in the dark from all flashlights I tested so far.

Technical info(from manufacturer)

Product Introduction
The ThruNite TN12 (2014) is the improved version of The TN12.
Improved UI and 1050 lumen with one 18650 battery.

Features

- Improved UI for more lumens
- Cree XM-L2 U2 LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Uses one 18650 rechargeable battery or two CR123A batteries.
- Max output:1050 lumens with XM-L2 U2
- Working voltage: 2.7V-9V
- 143mm (Length)*25.4mm (Diameter)
- 82g weight (without batteries)
- Reverse polarity protection design to protect from improper battery installation
-Versatile mode 1050lm(90min) 800lm(1.5hour) 280lm(5hours) 20lm(74 hours) 0.3lm(1585hours)
- Aircraft-grade aluminum body
- Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating

- Smooth reflector gives perfect beam and throw.

Perfectly made,anodized,rectangular cut threads. Nothing more to want here.

The side switch cover is made of silicone and is easy to locate by touch.

Battery tube with good thickness.

The tail switch is easy to access and use. Forward clicky with momentry ON option.

Great care to detail.

The UI is simple and doesn't require time to get used to it.
5 brightness modes 1050lm(90min), 800lm(1.5hour), 280lm(5hours), 20lm(74 hours), 0.3lm(1585hours) + hidden Strobe.
Turning ON/OFF by the tail switch. Half press for momentary.
Electronic(push button) switch for mode selecting. Short click to select brightness,press and hold to activate Strobe mode.
Instant(quick) memory for the last used mode(excluding Srobe).

I really like that this flashlight unlike most new flashlights has Ultra Low mode,which could be very useful sometimes. :thumbsup:

All modes are current controlled.No sign of PWM.

The Strobe is the best I’ve ever seen! Great for self defense,but be careful because you might start seeing triple too. It does not change its frequency like the strobe in TN32/35.

This is a runtime graph showing the brightness curve through the time.
Battery Keeppower 3400.
U start 4,2V
U end 2,7V
Highest mode. 8cm cooling fan used.

As you can see,there was no step down to a lower output(to protect from overheating) after a few minutes as usual for most flashlights,big or small.
This gives you some more freedom and does not engage you to use 45% of the full brightness after just a few minutes.
You have the full power as long as the battery can hold it. The flashlight has thermal protection and will decrease the output if needed,but if you feel it too hot you can switch to a lower mode to extend the life of the LED and all electronic components.

From the graph we can see some great numbers. 94% brightness after 10 minutes. 80% after 30 minutes. 62% after 60minutes...
The flashlight has a low voltage warning feature and when the battery is depleted,the light will flash two times every 10 seconds.

The Turbo and High mode have only about 15% difference which sometimes is not visible.

ThruNite TN12(2014) is equipped with powerful and high efficient Cree XM-L2 U2 LED.
Aluminum smooth reflector,toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating.

The light from the LED used in TN12 gives clean cool white beam,without greenish or bluish tint.My sample has a cool white LED.
A neutral white version is also available!
I like this light more than the light from the PD35.

The beam is flood,similar to the PD35's beam, which is normal for a small head flashlight.
The hotspot is a little bit smaller.

Beam shots

ThruNite TN12 Turbo-High-Mid-Low (Ultra Low is not visible on a photo)
1 meter, 1/20sec

1/250sec

5 meters, 1/6sec

5 meters, 1/50sec

ThruNite TN12 has tighter hotspot than Fenix PD35,but according to my lumen measurements the PD35 still pulls out more lumens.

Outdoor Beam shots
Click on the pictures to see them full size.:thumbsup:

Beams aimed toward the base of the trees.

Beams aimed at the corona of the trees.

Fenix PD35 has a better grip due to its shape(especially with removed pocket clip) and type of knurling.

ThruNite TN12 is defenitely a great flashlight. It is very bright and with the Ultra Low mode and no unwanted brightness step down TN12 became my new 1x18650 compact/EDC favourite.
I like that the light from the LED has no greenish tint,and the beam is just what it should be for normal,EDC use.

What I think could be improved? The knurling is just amazing,but it doesn't give the same stable grip as the knurling used in the other ThruNite lights.
The difference between Turbo and High mode is not so visible,especially with not fully charged battery.

Having in mind the price and the advantages over its competitors,ThruNite TN12 is a great choice for powerful and compact 1X18650 light.

Thanks for reading!

TN12 provided by ThruNite for review.
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU