Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 15866   Ответов в теме 6   Подписчиков на тему 3   Добавили в закладки 1
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 01.12.2015, 11:43 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 09.06.2017 16:17

Arrow Olight SR MINI II 2015(3xXM-L2, 3x18650) Review

Olight have introduced a new SRMINI Intimidator II, powered by 3x18650. This features a 3xXM-L2 and in-light charging for the 18650s. The light comes in a very nice plastic carry case with cutout foam. You can see the important features and specifications on the front and back of the packaging.

SRMINI II comes with micro-USB cable, warranty card & manual, new products brochure, holster. There's no spare o-rings though.
Manufacturer Specifications from Olight's website & manual :

• 3 x Cree XM-L2 LED
• Maximum output of 3200 lumens on Turbo mode
• All new acrylic lens with a honeycomb–like streak line surface delivering a homogeneous beam
• All new thick stainless steel bezel that is extremely shock resistance and aggressive
• 4 brightness outputs plus a strobe mode.
• Quick Turbo mode operation with the light on
• Micro-USB charging port with a maximum 1500mA charging current
• Type-III hard anodizing aluminum body
• Flat tailcap design with a lanyard hole allows for the light to stand by itself
• Switch locking/unlocking function

The hard(type III) anodizing is a matte black and no flaws on my sample. The labels are quite minimal, with manufacturer and model name including serial number respectively on the head and tailcap. All labels are sharp and clear in bright white against the black background. There is a large raised checkered grid pattern all over the body tube. The light has no tail switch. Fit and finish looks very good.

The light has 2 parts. The body is one piece with the head (i.e., the head is integrated into the body and is not removable). The light opens at the tailcap only. The SRMINI II gives you the option to choose between 3x18650 including USB vehicle power adapter or without them. My review sample came without them.

The light has a raised crenelated stainless steel bezel ring. The head has a clean looking cylindrical design. It has no indentations which serve as an anti-roll feature. There's an electronic side switch just on the cooling fins for on-off and mode changing. The side switch cap looks silicone rubber. The switch cap is slightly protruded from a metal surround, but quite set lower position than the head surface. This means the risk of accidental activation may be reduced.
The switch has a good feel to touch and has typical travel, which produces a clicking sound when pressed.

The light doesn't use a battery carrier, instead has cut-out wells for the cells. The cells are arranged in parallel (i.e., 1S3P). All the positive terminals of the cells are going toward the head. So you can run the light on a reduced number of cells (1x18650 or 2x18650) on lower output levels unless using IMR or high capacity cells. Olight recommend to use the battery capacity of 18650 with 3000mAh or above with protecting circuit board. But they do not recommend the use of CR123A batteries since the current draw on Higher output levels such as High and Turbo exceed the max. continuous discharge current. For example, Energizer CR123A batteries are generally specified for max. continuous discharge of 1.5A. I measured the current draws at the tailcap with only 2xCR123A as 2.7A (High), 0.72A (Med.) and 0.15A (Low) approximately. From this, the current on Turbo seems to exceed 2A. Of course, this measurement using 2xCR123A is not correct way, but amply tell it's the quite heavily driven light on higher output levels.

Note that the small positive (+) battery contacts in the head are not raised, but slightly recessed. These recessed contacts have a reverse polarity protection function. It means only small button-top cells work in the light (i.e., true flat-top or wide button-top cells will not work). The built-in cut-out wells do accommodate my longer and wider 18650 cells.

The light uses diffused acrylic glass lens without reflectors.

The body tube is covered in aggressive raised checkered grid portions. The grip is good and acceptable.

One of the distinctive aspects of the light is built-in micro USB charging port for 18650. The micro-USB port (rated at 5V 2.1A) is hidden behind a sliding cover which seems hard plastic material. The charging port and charging status indicator are in the upper part of the body tube. Note that this charging status indicator works as a low battery warning indicator as well.

The screw threads are square-cut of good quality. Threads are well machined, and anodized which allows the light to be locked-out when the tailcap is slightly loosened. As supplied, threads are well lubricated. Screw threads action is smooth with no cross-threading or squeaking on my sample.

There are three large plastic columns that work as spacers and hold the cells in place as you screw down the tailcap. These columns and negative springs with a bottom piece inside the tail spin freely. There's a wrist lanyard attachment at the tail end.

The Bundled 1m USB charging cable can be connected to the USB port of your PC or to your electric outlet by a AC/DV USB adaptor. But the adaptor was not supplied from Olight, so you can use any USB adaptor (output DC5.0V, 2.1A) for charging the 18650 cells.

There is a low voltage warning sensor under the small LED indicator just beside the USB port. The red light will light up and flash slowly when the battery voltage is less than 3.25V.
When the battery voltage is less than 3.05V, the LED indicator will be a constant red. In this case, you need to change or recharge the cells.

When you plug the light into a power source, the LED indicator beside the micro-USB port will light up red to indicate normal charging condition. When charging is complete, it turns to constant green. Also in case battery installed wrongly or tailcap not completely screwed, it just shows green.

Note that you can charge 1x or 2x or 3x18650 in the light, thanks to the 1S3P parallel arrangement. The fewer you charge in the light, the faster the cells can be charged. This is because that the charging current will not be split across the cells.
Charging in the light
I did charging tests with 3x18650 (2600mAh) protected cells in the light, using the USB adaptor (output DC5.0V, 2A). The voltage before, under and after charging are as follows :

I used the Xtar USB Detector "VI01" to measure charging current and input voltage.
I used the discharged 3xVicLite 18650 (2600mAh) protected batteries. As shown in the above table, the initial charging and input voltage were respectively 1.14A and 5.37V. You can see the charging current and input voltage over time. Max. charging current was 1.40A at 4hrs 47mins charge in my test.
After 6hrs 9mins, the current was down to 0.10A. After 6hrs 16mins, charging was completed and the LED indicator went green. The resting voltage of all 18650s was 4.19V at this point. It is reasonable and good for charged voltage. The charging time in SREMINI II is shorter than in SR52UT, thanks to higher charging current.

Note that the charging current is fluctuating between 0.00A and 0.01A when the LED indicator was green. Even if I remove the batteries from the light, it is still the same as 0.00A~0.01A. So this small current seems to be a standby current to check whether the cells are fully charged or not (i.e., to check the batteries condition), in my view.

I left all charged 18650 cells in the light to see if the light does charge them continuously once fully charged. After 18hrs 16mins, the resting voltage of all 18650 was 4.18V. This means the light will not charge the cells after full charge.

Olight confirmed that full charged voltage is considered as from 4.15V to 4.22V. If the voltage of the cells drops to 4.05V, the light does restart to charge the cells in the light.
User Interface

There are two modes (i.e., general mode & strobe mode).

On-off and output switching is controlled by the electronic side switch. A quick press and release (i.e., click) turns the light on, and another quick click turns the light off.

Holding down the switch will proceed Low -> Med. -> High, in repeating sequence, when on. To select your desired mode or output level, just release the switch. The light has mode memory, and remembers the last output level used when you turn the light off and back on.
It turns on in last output even after a battery change.

A single click from Off will access to the memorized output level.
Note that the light only memorize High mode for 10 mins when the light is off (i.e., the light will turn on in Med. mode after 10 mins).

A double quick click will activate Turbo, whatever mode the light is on (even Off). Turbo has no memory. Turbo is not available on the main sequence, but by a double quick click only.

A triple quick click will activate Strobe directly, whatever mode the light is on (even Off).
The strobe has no memory. A single sustained press of the switch will return to Med. mode.

The light has a lock-out function to prevent accidental activation. Hold the switch down for 1secs from Off, the light will activate Low mode, keep holding the switch for one more secs, the light will shut off automatically and lock the side switch. Under lock-out state, a quick click make the red indicator last for 1~2 secs. Note that this lock-out function will not be persisted after a battery change.

To unlcock switch, hold the switch down for more than 2 secs.
Standby Current Drain

Due to the electronic switch design, the SRMINI II is drawing a small current when the batteries are installed and the tailcap fully connected. I measured this current as 24.2μA. considering 18650 (2600mAh), that would translate into about 36 years before they would be fully depleted.
Note that the standby current under the lock-out mode is the same as 24.2μA. So the lock-out function seems to have no effect on the standby current. This is not a concern. But I would recommend you store the light physically locked-out when not in use for a long period.

From left to right, VicLite 18650 (2600mAh) protected, Lumintop PS03 (3xXM-L2), Olight SRMINI II (3xXM-L2), Imalent DDT40 (4xXM-L2 & 2xXP-L), Fenix LD75C (4xXM-L2 & 1xXM-L Color).

From left to right, VicLite 18650 (2600mAh) protected, Lumintop PS03 (3xXM-L2), Olight SRMINI II (3xXM-L2), Imalent DDT40 (4xXM-L2 & 2xXP-L), Fenix LD75C (4xXM-L2 & 1xXM-L Color).
Measured Dimensions

It is small for a 3x18650 light. The light has a compact body tube to accommodate 3x18650s ,but a bit heavier than expected. The wall thickness of the body is reasonably thick (2.7mm), and the light feel solid. Overall build quality is very high.
PWM

The light shows no sign of flicker by PWM at all output levels. I notice there is no buzzing sound at any levels. The light seems to be current controlled.
Runtime

The runtime to fall to 10% of its initial output from 30 seconds after the point the light is first turned on (i.e., based on ANSI FL-1) for Turbo is as above graph.

On Turbo, SRMINI II steps down a couple of times. It's not a timed step-down. You will see the different runtime curves (i.e., red and orange line) between the 3xVicLite 18650 (2600mAh) protected cells. These cells are from the same manufacturer (brand) and have same capacity, but different age. The former drops quickly within 50 secs and shows almost flat regulation for about 3 mins, but the latter does drop slowly for about 4 mins. Moreover the outputs between the two after step-down are not same. I was told from Olight that the light regulates by batteries voltage and temperature inside the light. So you will see the several forms in the runtime graph as above.

On High., the light shows perfectly flat regulation before step-down to lower output. I assume the light will show perfectly flat regulation on Med. and Low as well.

You will see that one of the step-downs on Turbo meet the High output level.

Given that SRMINI II runs on 3x18650 (1S3P) compared to other lights, overall output-runtime efficiency is good.
Beamshot
1. White door beamshot (about 50cm from the white door) on max. output on 18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells
- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/25sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/100sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/800sec, Auto white balance

- ISO125, F/8.0, 1/2000sec, Auto white balance

The light shows a large hot spot and clean side spill beam with no noticeable artifacts (i.e., the overall beam profile is good). The overall tint looks pure white on my sample.
2. 7.0m Indoor Beamshot on max. output on 18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1/10sec, Auto white balance

3. 55m Outdoor Beamshot on max. output on 18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

4. 85m Outdoor Beamshot on max. output on 18650 (2600mAh) VicLite protected cells
- ISO125, F/2.8, 1sec, Auto white balance

The SRMINI II gives you full flood beam with a nice tint.
Overall Impressions

• Very high build quality
• Comfortable to hold and use, but a bit heavy
• The light can stably tailstand
• The light roll easily
• The possibility of accidental activation from Off is quite small
• Small standby current drain (24.2μA) is inevitable, but not a concern
• Physical lock-out function at the taicap
• Physical reverse polarity protection function
• True flat-top or wide button-top batteries will not work
• Mode memory for all output levels except Turbo and Strobe
• Charging 18650 cells in the light seems good and safe
• You can use either 1x18650 or 2x18650 or 3x18650 (recommend use of high current or IMR cells)
• Do not use CR123A cells on higher output levels
• Quick drop-down in output on Turbo mode
• Output-runtime efficiency is good
• True Moonlight mode is not available
• Low battery warning indication function
• No sign of PWM flickers at any output modes
• Beam profile is clean flood and overall beam tint is pure white

The Olight SRMINI Intimidator II provided by Olight for review.

[Исправлено: candle lamp, 02.12.2015 в 15:21] Причина: Correction of Dimension Table
candle lamp вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
aekvulture (10.01.2016), doberman2012 (25.01.2016), LEV-UA (14.03.2018), Rocklight (01.12.2015)
Старый 01.12.2015, 11:49   2
Rocklight
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 01.04.2019 17:22

По умолчанию Re: Olight SR MINI Intimidator II (3xXM-L2, 3x18650) Review

Унылый апгрейд. 2800-3200 люменов, все тот же унылый холодный диод, можно было бы нейтральный или хайкришный ХР-л загнать. Габариты увеличились прилично из-за зарядки, что нельзя было засунуть элементы зарядного в между аккумуляторное пространство? Грусть тоска по нынешним меркам.

Хотя сам я в восторге от поюза первой версии, но грустно что производитель не хочет совершенства!
Rocklight вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 02.01.2017, 18:04   3
x_man74
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: Сегодня 10:07

Rocklight, а обычные АКБ турбо тянут или высокотоковые надо?
x_man74 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 02.01.2017, 19:05   4
Exploder
смотритель маяка

Последняя активность: 15.11.2023 09:17

Цитата:
Посмотреть сообщение Сообщение от x_man74 :
предыдущая версия спокойно работает на обычных
Exploder вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
x_man74 (03.01.2017)
Старый 02.01.2017, 21:03   5
Rocklight
Ветеран Фонарёвки

Последняя активность: 01.04.2019 17:22

Цитата:
Посмотреть сообщение Сообщение от x_man74 :
У меня первая отлично работает на обычных панасах и самсах
x_man74 (03.01.2017)
Старый 23.01.2018, 03:50   6
AlexeyDnepr
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 13.08.2023 20:22

ACEBEAM K30 - лучше по всем параметрам.
AlexeyDnepr вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Старый 23.01.2018, 05:10   7
Grammaton Cleric
τετραγράμματον