Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 2302   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 17.06.2015, 00:22 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 10.11.2015 10:40

По умолчанию Eagletac Sportac ZP10L9 Spotlight (4xXM-L2, 9x18650, car adapter) review: RUNTIMES+

Reviewer's Note – June 2015: In order to work through a large backlog of lights that I have to test, I will limit some of the descriptive text in my reviews for the time being. I will still provide full commentaries under the Potential Issues and the Preliminary Discussion sections, but will let the pictures and graphs speak more themselves in the body of the review. :wave:

The ZP10L9 is a new high-output spotlight from Eagletac, released as the first light under a new brand label: Sportac. It is clearly designed to be hand-carried spotlight (battery version) or used from a vehicle (car charger version).

Manufacturer/Dealer Reported Specifications:
(note: as always, these are simply what the dealer/manufacturer provides – scroll down to see my actual testing results).
  • LED: 4x CREE XM-L2, available in Cool White (U2) or Neutral White (T6)
  • CW ANSI FL-1 Lumen: 4,500*/2765/1430/365/13 (*Turbo/high/low/moon)
  • CW Battery KIT Runtimes: 2*/3.5/7.5/32/800 hours (9x18650)
  • Beam Center LUX: 103,700
  • Beam Distance: 644m
  • Dimensions: Height: 7.6 inch (192 mm), Grip Diameter: 1.2 inches (30 mm), Head
  • Diameter: 3.7 inch (93 mm)
  • Body Weight: 1.6 pounds (710 grams)
  • Operating Voltage: 10-24v
  • What's included: ZP10L9C flashlight, Spare o-rings, User Manual, Cable secure cap, Two models available (see below)
    Car charger edition:
  • Includes everything listed in "what's included" section, plus*]Car charger (Coil cord cable)
  • Idle cable length: 2 feet/0.6 meter
  • Fully extended cable length*]11.5 feet/3.5 meter
  • Fuse protected
  • High current copper wire with heavy duty PU insulator
  • RED LED connection indicator
  • Waterproof connectors
  • Custom-made car charger metal parts for better conductivity
    Battery pack edition:
  • Includes everything listed in "What's Included" section, plus*]11.1V 7800mAh Battery Pack (9x18650)
  • Uses 9 (Included) sorted and balanced 18650 li-ion 2600mAh batteries
  • Installed permanently inside a durable EVA molded nylon carrying holster
  • Safety circuit protected against short circuit, over-discharge, or over-charge
  • Battery extension cord (coiled cord)
  • Idle cable length: 1 feet/0.3 meter
  • Fully extended cable length*]4 feet/1.2 meter
  • High current copper wire with PU insulator
  • Waterproof connectors
  • 11.1V battery charger
  • Includes UL listed 15V 1.6A charger (100V-240V)
  • Uses standard constant current / constant voltage charging method
  • Uses DC-DC switch charging controller for highly efficient operation
  • Built-in ten hours safety time
  • Blue (standby) and Red (charging) LED indicator
  • Anodized aluminum housing
  • MSRP: ~$400 (battery pack edition, reviewed here)

Note that I have the Battery Pack edition of the ZP10L9 for review, which includes a custom 9x18650 battery pack, extender coil and AC charger. Also note the new Sportac brand label everywhere. Scroll down for details on the light.

All dimensions directly measured, and given with no batteries installed (unless indicated):

Eagletac ZP10L9 hand-held unit: Weight 719g, Length: 200mm, Width (bezel): 92.7mm
Eagletac ZP10L9 Battery Pack with coil: Weight 528g, Length: 111mm, Width: 89mm

Eagletac MX25L4 Turbo (SST-90): Weight: 741.0g (926g with 4x18650), Length: 203mm, Width (bezel): 92.7mm
Fenix TK75: Weight: 516.0g (700g with 4x18650), Length: 184mm, Width (bezel): 87.5mm
Niwalker MM15: Weight: 333.7g (without handle), 355.9g (with handle), (539g with 4x18650 and handle), Length: 114.6mm, Weight (bezel): 63.7mm
Niwalker MM18: Weight: 510.g (without handle), 534.1g (with handle), Lenth: 135.3mm, Width (bezel): 73.9mm
Olight SR95 (SST-90): Weight: 1,224g (with battery pack), Length: 323mm, Width (bezel): 87mm
Olight X6 Base Unit: Weight 1.1kg, Length: 161mm, Width (bezel): 113mm
Olight X6 Battery Pack: Weight 482g, Length: 144mm, Width (height): 100mm
Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2): Weight: 571.4g (723g with 3x18650), Length: 201mm, Width (bezel): 78.9mm
Thrunite TN36: Weight: 390.4g, Length: 125.4mm, Width (bezel): 64.0mm

Ergonomics of the ZP10L9 differs from most lights, given the distinctive hand-grip of the main unit. Light is bit top-heavy, suggesting good heatsinking. The electronic switch on the grip has a raised cover, and is well positioned for index finger use.

The battery pack version (tested here) comes with a custom tough fabric-sealed 9x18650 battery pack that you could mount on a belt.

The coiled extension cord screws into place on both the base of the main unit, and the extending tube from the battery pack. Note the connection points differ on the removable coil, making the orientation and use clear. Also, the head area of the coil uses a metal screw cover, while the battery back end uses a plastic screw cover (consistent with the matting material on the corresponding head unit and battery pack extending tube). This means that while you could plug the battery pack directly into the head without the coil, you will not be able to lock it in place (i.e., the plastic connector does not matter with the threads on the metal head). But you will likely need the extra length of the coil for convenient carry anyway.

Charging (battery pack version)

The charging unit connects to the extending tube that exits the battery pack, and to a AC/DC charger. Pay close attention to the orientation labels, to ensure you don't try to mount the charging unit incorrectly (it won't fit exactly, but I'm sure they wouldn't want you to try to force it the wrong way).

There are two lights on the circuit board visible in the charger unit, a very bright blue one that indicates AC power is connected, and a dimmer red one that indicates battery charging is occurring (the red LED is more visible in real life than the pics above suggest).

Judging from the label, the pack appears to use a 3s3p configuration with 2600mAh cells. It took about 5.5 hours to fully charge the battery pack from nearly completely discharged, suggesting a fairly high charge current (i.e., the 1.6A rating on the AC plug seems a bit low). Eagletac reports 6-8 hours typical, which is more as I would expect. Note the charging unit gets quite hot during charging.

I do not have the car adapter version to test.

I note the four reflector wells are quite deep (and smooth), which should translate into very good throw for this class.

There is a battery LED indicator on the back of the head unit that activates when the light is on. Solid blue means the voltage of the battery pack is >10.8V, red means ~9.8V~10.8V, and flashing red means <9.8V.

User Interface

There are five main output levels, and an SOS mode. Turn the light on by the electronic switch in the handle in the head.

A single click turns the light on in Lo, with constant On. Press-and-hold the switch from On to ramp through the five main output levels in the following repeating sequence: 0.3% > 8% > 27% > 58% > 100%. There is no mode memory, the light always defaults to the lowest level upon a click from Off.

Alternatively, a press-and-hold of the switch from Off will turn the light on in momentary max (100%). Release the switch to turn off.

Note that when run at 100%, the light will drop down by 10% after 200 secs runtime.

To access the hidden SOS mode, press-and-hold the switch from On for >10 secs (approximately 3-4 times through the ramping sequence). Click to turn off.

Video:

For more information on the overall build and user interface, please see my new video overview:

Прямая ссылка на видео YouTube

As with all my videos, I recommend you have annotations turned on. I commonly update the commentary with additional information or clarifications before publicly releasing the video.

As an aside, if you want to get an instant notification for every new review that I post here on CPF, you can subscribe to my YouTube channel (the vids go public at the same time). Just mouse over my logo watermark on the top right-hand corner of the video for the subscribe feature to open up. You may need to tap or click, depending on the platform you are using to watch. :wave:

PWM/Strobe

There is no sign of PWM that I can see, at any output level – the ZP10L9 is fully current-controlled.

SOS:

Rather than a standard strobe mode, the ZP10L9 comes with a "hidden" SOS mode, with fairly typical SOS format.

Standby Drain

A standby current drain is inevitable on the ZP10L9, due to the electronic switch in the head. I tried to measure it, but this is tricky around barrel plugs. One of the leads slipped, and it looks like it fried the uA port on my DMM. :sigh: So, I'm afraid I will not have a measure for this light (or any other, until I replace the DMM). Given the 9x18650 battery pack, I doubt any standby drain would be excessive. And you can always disconnect the battery pack to cut this current.

Beamshots:

And now, what you have all been waiting for. All lights are on their custom battery pack, or standard protected 18650 ICR chemistry batteries. Lights are about ~0.75 meter from a white wall (with the camera ~1.25 meters back from the wall). Automatic white balance for cool white lights, Daylight white balance for the neutral white MM15.

]

Since you can't really tell too much from these standardized up-close beamshots, so let's move on to my basement. For your reference, the back of the couch is about 7 feet away (~2.3m) from the opening of the light, and the far wall is about 18 feet away (~5.9m). Below I am showing a couple of exposures, to allow you to better compare hotspot and spill. The camera is set to automatic white balance for all lights below.

I am planning an excursion out to my 100-yard beamshot location in the next couple of weeks, and will update this thread once I have the pics. :wave:

Testing Method:

All my output numbers are relative for my home-made light box setup, as described on my flashlightreviews.ca website. You can directly compare all my relative output values from different reviews - i.e. an output value of "10" in one graph is the same as "10" in another. All runtimes are done under a cooling fan, except for any extended run Lo/Min modes (i.e. >12 hours) which are done without cooling.

I have devised a method for converting my lightbox relative output values (ROV) to estimated Lumens. See my How to convert Selfbuilt's Lightbox values to Lumens thread for more info.

Throw/Output Summary Chart:

My summary tables are reported in a manner consistent with the ANSI FL-1 standard for flashlight testing. Please see http://www.flashlightreview... for a discussion, and a description of all the terms used in these tables. Effective July 2012, I have updated all my Peak Intensity/Beam Distance measures with a NIST-certified Extech EA31 lightmeter (orange highlights).

Output/Runtime Graphs:

As always, my standard runtimes are done under a cooling fan.

Note that as with other Eagletac lights, ZP10L9 steps down after 200 secs runtime (by 10% according to the manual).

Overall efficiency seems reasonable for 9x2600mAh 18650. Not that regulation was not perfectly flat above, but you would not be able to notice the changes in real life – they occur far too gradually for you to pick up on perceptually (i.e., it seems perfectly flat to the eye).

Potential Issues

The ergonomics of the ZP10L9 are fundamentally different from a traditional flashlight. This is not an issue per se, but it is something to be aware of.

The interface is fairly straightforward, with only a single well-hidden blinking mode (SOS).

Car adapter version sold separately from the battery pack version.

The coiled extension cord worked well in my testing, and fastens securely. However, I do wonder about the durability of the plastic connecting screw head at the battery connection point.

Preliminary Observations

The ZP10L9 is a very different sort of illumination device from Eagletac. Indeed, this model is being released under their new "Sportac" label (although I'm not sure what portends exactly). With incredibly high output and throw, this is the sort of light I could see strapped to an armored dune-buggy in the new Mad Max movie. :laughing:

The overall effect is reminiscent of the old 6xXM-L Olight X6 - although the four XM-L2 with deeper-welled reflectors here mean you get more focused throw with a bit less overall output. The custom battery pack is similarly a distinguishing feature (and like the X6, is meant to be worn on a belt with the included coiled extension cord). Unfortunately, I do not have the car adapter version to evaluate – but as I alluded to above, I can see this being a very effective spot light for car buffs.

Performance is reasonable for the class, with the 9x2600mAh battery pack included in my review version. The battery pack is surprisingly compact for the capacity, and can easily be carried on a belt (or strapped to a bar, like on a bike).

Beam pattern was good, with a fairly focused beam (i.e., not as wide spill as the Supbeam X60 or Olight X6). Again, this is really a spot-beam type of high-output light.

In the high-output class, I'm always glad to see manufacturer's push the envelope a bit when it comes to design. Let's face it – the traditional cylindrical flashlight body doesn't necessarily scale well once you start needing a significant number of 18650 batteries. Certainly, I can't imagine this head mounted on a 9x18650 cylinder pack working too well for traditional carry (can we say bazooka anyone?).

Of course whether this or one of the other designs is best suited to your needs is an open question – it does come down to how you plan to use the light. I hope the overview here was helpful in letting you figure out if it could work for you.

----

ZP10L9 was provided by Eagletac for review.
selfbuilt вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU