Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews Headlamps. Flashlight Reviews.
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 4728   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 23.08.2013, 08:12 Автор темы   1
Увлеченный

Последняя активность: 21.04.2015 12:00

По умолчанию ReviewTheLight: XTAR H1 Commander (1xAA Headlamp w/ White and Red Emitters)

Like :thumbsup: my reviews on facebook!
Don't forget to click "Like" after the page loads!

XTAR is quickly becoming a leader in the high-end flashlight industry, by consistently delivering lights in all classes with impressive specs and features that perform well and stand up to hard use. Now, they've released their new "Commander" headlamps, the H1 and H2, featuring separate white and red emitters. This review covers the H1, powered by a AA sized battery in just about any chemistry.

Thanks to XTAR for providing the H1 for review.

I’ll be reviewing the H1 in two sections: first, I’ll discuss the light objectively (the facts about the light itself), then I’ll discuss the light subjectively (my impressions about the light's performance when used for specific applications). If you have any other specific applications you'd like the light tested for, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Quick Overview

Below is a video "quick review" you can watch in just a few minutes, if you're not up for reading the full review right now:

Прямая ссылка на видео YouTube

This video is available in 720p HD, but defaults to a lower quality. To select the playback quality click the settings button (looks like a gear) after you've started the video.

Objective

Manufacturer's Specifications

Price: 53 USD

Packaging

The H1 comes in a plastic blister pack displaying the light and the head strap.

Construction

The H1 Commander is designed to easily fill the role of both headlamp and angle-head handheld flashlight. It's got an aluminum body with black hard anodizing, and runs off of a single AA battery (alkaline, NiMH, lithium, or lithium ion). The H2 is similar, but designed to use a single CR123 lithium or 16340 lithium ion. As you can see, the H1 has two emitters, and both shine out from the side of the light, so that they will be facing forward when the light is mounted in the head strap.

The main emitter is a Cree XP-G2, the upgrade form the older XP-G. The XP-G emitter is popular for it's high efficiency and small size. It's small size makes it better for throwing it's light farther, because it's easier to focus the light with a small reflector. The H1's reflector is slightly textured, which helps to smooth out the beam at the cost of a little throw. The o-ring on the main emitter is glow-in-the-dark. The secondary emitter is a 5mm Cree red LED, focused by a small lens. Both are protected by a stainless steel bezel.

The switch is located on the "head" end of the light, past the emitters. It's got a black rubber cover with the XTAR logo. It's recessed in the head, so that it doesn't extend beyond the head. The ring around the switch has a small oblong hole for the attachment of a lanyard. Behind the emitters is a series of ridges and grooves that increase surface area, so that head is dissipated into the air more quickly.

The body of the light is mostly covered with more ridges and grooves for heat dissipation, with a small smooth section for the model name and serial number.

The tail cap is covered with light knurling to make it easier to grip when you need to take it off to replace the battery. The end is flat and smooth, making it easy for the H1 to tail stand.

Now, let's take it apart!

The H1 comes apart into two pieces: head/body and tail.

Inside the body tube, you can see a small protrusion at the head to make contract with the positive battery terminal. A spring in the tail cap makes connection with the negative battery terminal. The threads are triangle-shaped, and because they are anodized the light will be in mechanical lockout when the tail is slightly loosened (good to prevent accidental activation).

The H1 comes with an adjustable elastic headband and rubber headband mount. The headband is a sort of "desert camo" pattern, and the rubber is black.

The rubber mount has two thick bands that go around the light. This means the light can be easily slipped in and out of the headband mount, but is held firmly in place and doesn't wiggle or slip. This design also allows the light to be rotated up and down to any angle you want along that axis.

Dimensions

Accessories

The H1 comes with warranty card, manual, headband, and lanyard.

User Interface

The H1 has four brightness modes with it's main emitter, and one brightness and one SOS mode with the red emitter. These modes are controlled by the electronic switch at the head. Because this is an electronic switch, there is always a very slight delay in the response (it's waiting to see if you do a double click or not).

To turn the main emitter on, give a single quick click. It always begins in Low mode. Then, another quick click will advance you to the next mode in the sequence Low -> Medium -> High -> Turbo (with Turbo only available when using a 14500 lithium ion battery). To turn the main emitter off, hold the switch for about a second.

Whether the main emitter is off or on, the red emitter is activated by two quick clicks (if the main emitter is on, it turns off when the red turns on). Once the red emitter is on, two more quick clicks switch back and forth between constant red and SOS red. A single quick click turns the red emitter off and the main emitter on, or clicking and holding for a second turns the light off.

Action Shots

You can click on any of these shots to see them full size.

Light in Hand

White Wall (Low, Medium, High, Turbo*)
ISO 100, f/3.3, 1/20"

Longer Exposure:

BeamSlice

MugShot

Indoor Shots (Low, Medium, High, Turbo*)
ISO 100, f/3.3, 1"

Longer Exposure:

Outdoor Shots (
Low, Medium, High, Turbo*)
ISO 100, f/3.3, 2.5"

Long-Range Shots (
High, Turbo*)
ISO 100, f/3.3, 5"

*Turbo mode only available from a fresh 14500 lithium ion battery.

Performance

Submersion: I submerged the H1 in a meter of water for an hour, turning it on and off a few times. I could find no evidence of water entering or damaging the light.

Heat:

PWM:

Drop: I dropped the H1 from a height of one meter onto various surfaces including grass, carpet, packed dirt, and hard wood. I can find no evidence or cosmetic or functional damage.

Reverse Polarity Protection: The H1 claims reverse polarity protection, so I inserted the battery backwards and attempted to turn it on. (It didn't.) Then, I corrected the polarity, and the light resumed normal function with no evidence of damage.

Over-Discharge Protection: The H1 has a complicated electronic over-discharge protection system, because it accepts so many battery chemistries. It determines the battery chemistry by the voltage of the battery when it's inserted, so if you insert a li-ion battery that's fully charged, it will recognize it as such and automatically shut of when the battery voltage gets low. However, if your li-ion is not fully charged the H1 may mistake it for some other chemistry and not turn on the over-discharge protection. So, for this light it's important to use fully charged cells if you want the built-in protection to work.

Spectral Analysis

All light that we see as white is actually made up of several different colors put together. The relative intensities of the different colors in the mix are what determine the tint of the white we see. For example, cool white LED's have a lot of blue, and warm white LED's have more red or yellow. This measurement was done on a home made spectrometer. The plot below the picture is corrected for the spectral sensitivity of the human eye. Note: the peak in the 900nm region doesn't really exist, it's a piece of the second-order spectrum that's showing up here because of the high intensity of the light source.

Output and Runtime

ANSI FL-1 runtime ratings are the time it takes for a light to fall to 10% of it's original output (counting from 30 seconds after turning the light on).

The vertical axis of the graphs below represents a relative brightness measurement using a home made light box. The horizontal axis is time in hours:minutes:seconds. Runtimes are stated in hours:minutes:seconds. These graphs may be truncated to show detail.

Mode Comparison

Turbo

High

Medium

Throwing Distance

ANSI FL-1 standard for stating a light's throwing distance is the distance at which the peak beam intensity (usually at the center of the beam) is 0.25 lux. I calculate throwing distance and candela (lux at 1 meter) by measuring peak beam intensity at five different distances and using the formula lux*distance^2=constant.

Turbo (available with li-ion only)
Peak Beam Intensity: 2048cd
Throw Distance: 90m

High
Peak Beam Intensity: 878cd
Throw Distance: 69m

Red
Peak Beam Intensity: 16cd
Throw Distance: 8m

Subjective Review

Quick break down:

+ High output for a single XP-G2
+ Good level selection
+ Red LED is very helpful
+ Flashlight easily removable from headband
+ Good throw from a small reflector
+ Very smooth beam on main emitter
+ Nearly neutral tint on main emitter
+ Headband easy to adjust
+ Light weight with single battery

- Max output is less than some competitors
- Red emitter beam has imperfections
- Rubber mount is potential weak point
- Headband needs to be fairly tight to stay put

Coming soon...

Long Term Impressions
I'll fill this part in after carrying the light for a while. If nothing get's added here, either I find nothing else worth noting about the light, or I end up not using it often.
Bigmac_79 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Duk (05.01.2016), ramblerlog (29.09.2014)
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU