Светодиодные фонари и световые приборы. Всё о светотехнике.
Вернуться   Форум FONAREVKA.RU Обзоры фонарей Flashlight Reviews
Расширенный поиск
Забыли пароль? Регистрация

• О нашем проекте
  • Светотехника и световые приборы
  • Правила форума
Проект FONAREVKA.RU специализируется на предоставлении всей необходимой информации по светотехнике:

— светодиодные фонари;
— различные источники питания;
— разнообразные зарядные устройства;
— освещение помещений и наружное освещение;
— световые приборы для личного, пассажирского и грузового транспорта;
— специальные световые приборы для медицины, для растений, для аквариумов, для террариумов, а также аварийно-сигнальные световые приборы;
— альтернативные источники света;
— лазеры и лазерная техника.

Если у вас есть вопросы по выбору фонарей, аккумуляторов и зарядных устройств ознакомьтесь с FAQ от наших экспертов:

F.A.Q. по выбору фонарей различных типов;
F.A.Q. по выбору аккумуляторов;
F.A.Q. по выбору зарядных устройств.
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Просмотров в теме 3022   Ответов в теме 0   Подписчиков на тему 0   Добавили в закладки 0
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 23.05.2011, 14:55 Автор темы   1
Новичок

Последняя активность: 07.03.2011 04:31

По умолчанию Compare: EagleTac P10A2 Neutral vs Quark AA² Neutral

A short comparison of 2 neutral white flashlight with similar form factor, both using 2 x AA size batteries.
Why these 2 and not others? Well, they are the closest matching lights that I have in my neutral white collections...

first, some data extracted from respective official website:

note that I do not have the official lumens rating for Quark AA² Neutral, the official website says "...which naturally has less output" than the Cool White version (170 lumens). would appreciate your correction if you have the lumens rating for Quark AA² Neutral. thanks in advance

EDIT (2009-08-26): updated with temperature reading for both flashlight.

the flashlights

front view

lets take a look at outdoor beam shots, EagleTac P10A2 Neutral follow by Quark AA² Neutral

notice any different? yep, EagleTac P10A2 Neutral is brighter than Quark AA² Neutral but not by much. In use, P10A2 throws slightly further than Quark AA², you will see why in just a moment.

this is the only white wall that I can find in my house, at the kitchen... , distance of flashlight to the wall is approx. 0.5 meter.
at 1/100 sec exposure

at 1/500 sec exposure

at 1/1600 sec exposure

from the 1/100 sec exposure, you can see that P10A2 has a brighter spill than Quark AA², while Quark AA² has a bigger spill than P10A2. at 1/1600 sec exposure, it's clear that P10A2 hot spot is brighter than Quark AA², thus the slightly better throw.

now on to the physical...
Anodization: both lights is almost equally well anodized but my unit of P10A2 has some chip-off at the tail-cap upon arrival...

Knurling: P10A2 doesn't have any knurling... ... ... errrr... ok... fine... it does, but that checker pattern on the body tube is hardly of any practical use, it's more for aesthetic than anything else. While Quark AA² has got some generous and practical knurling that provides a good grip when switching mode and replacing batteries.

Tail-cap: Both lights can tail-stand but Quark AA² is more stable at tail-standing. Nope, not because of the length, but because of the shape of P10A2 tail-end is curvy. Both lights offer lock-out capability as well.

Clip: Quark AA² clip is very strong and feels tough whereas P10A2 clip is more "accommodating" (i'm being nice here ) and can be easily removed.

Extras: The SS ring included in P10A2 is very nice, in fact, it improves the overall perception of the whole light, it makes it look more "classy". I wish all flashlight manufacturer would consider this design in their flashlight... Fenix, 4Sevens, Surefire, and yes... you... the future flashlight designer... are you listening?

Beam Pattern: The beam pattern of Quark AA² is almost flawless, there are practically no ring what-so-ever on the beam pattern when shining against a while wall, whereas on the P10A2, there is a dark ring immediately after the hot-spot if you look close enough, there is also a brighter ring at the end of the spill.

If you ask me which one to get... well, I'm a good citizen of cpf, so I would suggest you to get both, like me...
rookiedaddy вне форума   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Ответ  Создать новую тему
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

Copyright ©2007 - 2024, FONAREVKA.RU